Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 PM

11 posts, read 20,647 times

Advertisements

I started the thread below about a week ago because I wanted to make dog shelters a top priority of giving.
Looking for a good Dog charity to donate to
While I gave to a number of them, one shelter one person pointed out seems to be in a very serious need. I gave what I thought was a very modest gift and the president of the shelter was overblown. I am pasting the email she sent me afterwards. I know, I know - shelters everywhere can all use more money, but I am posting this message in hopes others could find some support to help them out with. This is a urban rescue that is facing a lot of poverty and foreclosures, which lead to dogs being abandoned. I have nothing to gain by this as I am in WI and the shelter is in St. Louis, but if any of you can help with some funds, I am sure it will go a long way with them. Thank you.
Their website: St. Louis Missouri Pet Rescue Pet Adoption
--------------------------
Marv...we serve every where..Estl....Washington County, Jefferson C,, St. Louis and different request in Illinois...anyone who ask us we try to help...

So your donation was a God send to us...2009 has almost killed us.....we have been slammed with foreclosures and families losing jobs...they can’t afford to keep pets...so our population in our kennels has been over the limit for months...we have been full and can’t get them adopted fast enough...

It only becomes more depressing every day...but we can’t give up...we have to continue...we just can’t let all of them die....

We thank you again...we appreciate anything we get ...we hope you have a wonderful holiday and the rescued dogs and cats thank you....we speak for them...Carole
----------------------------
Marv………I tried to sign on to this blog…don’t know if I was successful…but if you can mention our name anytime and perhaps we can pick up some wonderful supporters like yourself we would be thrilled …………………. Thanks,,,,Carole
C.A.R.E Coalition for Animal Rescue and Education
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,060,941 times
they sound like a great organization.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs