Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 03:48 PM

429 posts, read 972,314 times

Advertisements

Does any know of any rescues for blind dogs? That they would recommend ? There is a dog that I have Been trying to work with the owner how has a 10 month old pitbull living out side on a chain. I was hoping at first that by educating and working with the owner that the dog would become an inside dog. But it has become obvious that the owner is not going to do this. So I am trying to find a reputable rescue that would take him once I get the owner to agree to surender. Preferably in or near michigan. They dog is extremely sweet and I feel horrible for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 04:08 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,959,498 times
Being blind does not mean the dog can not go outside or am I misunderstanding you??

Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,821,508 times
Just about any reputable rescue will take blind dogs. You don't need to find a rescue specifically for blind dogs. My group almost always has a blind dog or two.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,123,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Being blind does not mean the dog can not go outside or am I misunderstanding you??
This dog is "living outside on a chain". Of course blind dogs can go outside but no dog should live outside on a chain.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
This dog is "living outside on a chain". Of course blind dogs can go outside but no dog should live outside on a chain.
what they said^^^

The dog im asking about rescue recomdations for is living outside 24/7 on a chain.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 AM

5,899 posts, read 6,968,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
If the owner is reluctant to give up the dog and can not afford an enclosed area, groups like this one can help. Unfortunately, it does not look like there is a chapter in Michigan.
Coalition to Unchain Dogs

Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 AM

857 posts, read 2,217,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post

Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
If the owner is reluctant to give up the dog and can not afford an enclosed area, groups like this one can help. Unfortunately, it does not look like there is a chapter in Michigan.
Coalition to Unchain Dogs

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually vounteer for a group that does something verty similar to what they do, that is how i came across the dog. We are based out of Detroit and the downriver area of Michigan.

Truthfully i have become very attached to this dog he is so sweet despite what he has gone thru in his short little life. We have 2 rescues we are talking to but we normally dont place dogs that we get owner surrenders on with rescues out of michigan and both are out of Mi, which will make an exception for this dog if it is the best fit for him. Just makes me worry a little because its harder when its a group we are not familar with that is faraway from us. So i figured i would check here and see if anyone had any personal experience with any specific rescues that deal with blind or special need dogs. Thank you again

Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,821,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans213 View Post
So i figured i would check here and see if anyone had any personal experience with any specific rescues that deal with blind or special need dogs. Thank you again
You can check with any/all local rescues and just ask if they have experience with blind/special needs. I'd bet you won't have long to search.

With every group I've worked with, they've all had them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs