Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,531 times

Advertisements

my dog, Digger, 16yo mixed-spitz beed, exhibiting similar symptoms. He's had blood tests, exams, tried probiotic, several different types and portions of food; he's doing best on BB freedom senior, but just had another episode. then i was thinking, weve relocated a year ago and neither dog has ever been where there is fluoride in water, could that be it, i wondered. it is all complicated by his advanced age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 08:22 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,585,955 times
My dog just did this. Should I encourage drinking or just see what happens? I'm worried about putting her dinner down ......

Old 05-07-2017, 09:02 PM

PS the smell is overwhelming. I was taught to let things like that dry before clean up so that the nasty isn't pushed deeper into the carpet. I laid paper towels on top and they are soaking most of it. Maybe I need to buy a small steam cleaner like RIGHT NOW from Amazon and get the fastest shipping available! I don't want to use the big steam cleaner for this. ew.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:25 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,695,623 times
I'm not a vet so this is just my own opinion.

If your dog is out in the yard eating grass, he's got something going on with his stomach. My rule of thumb is keep an eye on the eating and drinking and if he stops eating, just make sure he's getting water. Syringe in some water if you have to and I always find mine love scrambled eggs cooled off in water. Mine have never turned that down no matter how bad they feel.

Did a quick google search: Dog Poop - The Ins and Outs | WayCoolDogs.com
I don't agree with their greenies are good for dogs. No, not even rawhide is good - My dog sees those things as food.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
I'm not a vet so this is just my own opinion.

If your dog is out in the yard eating grass, he's got something going on with his stomach. My rule of thumb is keep an eye on the eating and drinking and if he stops eating, just make sure he's getting water. Syringe in some water if you have to and I always find mine love scrambled eggs cooled off in water. Mine have never turned that down no matter how bad they feel.

Did a quick google search: Dog Poop - The Ins and Outs | WayCoolDogs.com
I don't agree with their greenies are good for dogs. No, not even rawhide is good - My dog sees those things as food.
When it smells like feces, something we pet owners have to investigate, there is a worry of obstruction, which means proceeding with way more caution than a regular upset stomach.

In this case, I watched her for a while after drinking water and saw that was fine before giving a little banana and the later some more, and then some toast. I would normally have moved on to rice, and then egg or chicken.

But after only one incident I move more quickly to regular food if all goes well with testing safer foods. A fraction of the regular amount first and then wait and see for a couple hours.

I think in this case she stole a 'snack' from the litter box, hence the smell.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,378 times
Please help my dog throw up and it smell and look like diarrhea poop. She looks like she lost weight. What can I do for her or give. I don't want to lose my dog I don't have the money to take her to the vet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs