Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 10,559 times

Advertisements

I am having this same problem with my pekingese girl. She has never puked like this in her life, but it was instant and projectile. Smells just like diarrhea. We gave her an anti nausea pill that was perscribed for our dogs to see if that will help. She hasn't gotten into anything as I keep everything where she can't get to it. But when I checked her pet taxi to see if there was anything, much to my dismay there was what looked like 2 piles of poop, and a pile of what looked like vomit. They were dry and hard as rocks so I can only assume they were at least a day old, but her not experiencing any symptoms that I could see until now makes me wonder what could be wrong with her. We are hoping the anti nausea will take care of the vomiting and diarrhea. If anybody has anything they think will help please tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,237,366 times
I take my dog to the vet for anything that abnormal....I am not sure messing around w/ intestinal issues is worth the risk. Take a sample of the poo or puke w/ you. And I avoid giving her any of those hide type treats.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,437,357 times
If she starts showing other signs of being ill, or if she's still sick tomorrow, call the vet. Otherwise rest her stomach with no food and keep an eye on her. Since you already have nausea meds, has she had many spells of vomiting problems before?
One of my dogs has had spells of vomiting in the past, and tests turned up nothing. Just one of those times, it looked and smelled like diarrhea. She was vomiting so violently in the night she scared our other dog who woke me up twice, seeming very worried about her sister. I know that "poop" vomit just doesn't seem right and I took her to the vet the next day, but again tests showed nothing.
She's done very well for a long time since I switched her to an oven baked kibble (Avoderm Lamb and Rice, not the regular one but the oven baked. There are some other baked ones out there.) It doesn't swell up in water the way regular kibble does, and for her it has made a lot of difference.
BTW, I just read the other posts, and my dog doesn't eat poop, so at least in her case, that wasn't it.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,279,740 times
You can also have an intestinal blockage that will cause the poop to back up into the stomach if the pylorum is open a bit.

Vet time.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:50 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,114,757 times
Call the vet and ask them. My pup was sick a few weeks ago (though not as bad as what you described) and they recommended no food and then to gradually feed him rice, boiled chicken, and pumpkin in TINY amounts until he proved he could eat without getting sick. I've had quite a few dogs and never experienced them throwing up like that though...I would definitely call and ask their advice on if you should come in or not. I once spent 250 dollars on an upset stomach that turned out to be just that - a bit of an upset stomach. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 10,207 times
my puppy also has diarhea alot..have not chnged food n they have puked up diarhea looking vomit..going to vet in a tomorrow n also had some blood mixed in his stool? they are only 9 weeks old n dont go around other dogs n eat only grass when they have play time? hope things are fine becuz we are giving them away n dont want to give away sick puppies :-(

Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 9,723 times
It is 1:36 am EST and my dog has poop smelling like vomit and diarrhea. She is acting ok for a while and then it happens again after drinking water. I don't know if I should take her to an all night animal hospital or wait until later in the morning and bring her to her Vet. Can anybody out there give me some advice? thanks

Old 01-28-2014, 07:12 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,912,594 times
Stop waiting to go to a vet when dogs are sick like this, people. IT'S LIFE THREATENING and will cost you MORE being admitted to the hospital.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,871,857 times
vomiting that smells like poop after drinking is a typically sign of potentially seious issues (obstruction)
VET, id rather go to the vet and e out some cash and have an ok dog than put it off waiting for online answers and have a dead dog because I didn't act quick enough....
GO TO THE VET.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,610 times
For the past 3 to 4 days my dog Beefy has been not acting right at all. His vomit is dark runny and smells horrible. Like poop. He is not drinking water or eating anything not even pooped in 3 days. We thought it might be that he ate a pair of panties. But even then he would pass it. Not sure what to do being that I don't make a lot working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs