Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
My Harley a 6 yo LARGE JRT (35lb 13" tall) started this last night right around the same time. Shaking, trembling, panting and his tail is down. He follows me everywhere.

Now I took him to the vet today and mentioned this to her. She seemed to think it was a problem with anal sac since he had his first problem about a month ago with it. She said it wasn't bad.

Now again tonight he is doing the same thing. Shaking and panting and his tail down. He also seems to have a lot of gas which he has never had before. No food change so that isn't it.

Any ideas?

Your dog sounds like he's in pain. If he's bloated, and gassy, please take him to the vet asap. His stomach or intestines make either be blocked, or may be beginning to twist, which, if not treated promptly, may be fatal. If it is a recurring anal gland problem, you may need to have them removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 83,469 times
Default My dog is panting and acting scared

My dog is panting and shaking acting scared following me everywhere. I am taking him in to the vet to get blood work to see what is going on he is scaring me. I wash his face with water and that seems to help calm him he is also real thirsty drinking alot of water.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 83,391 times
My dog has the same problem. He also has allergies and this appears to be allergy related. He will show these symptoms if he is exposed to mold or certain mold spores. We lived in a house with mold problem and he (and the rest of the family) got very sick. We moved out 2 years ago. But the mold issue created permanent allergy problems for him (and everybody else in the family). So when he starts to show these symptoms I know he is being exposed to mold. He also got more sensitive after he got his vaccine booster.
The only thing that works for him is corticosteroids. So he gets corticosteroids when these symptoms appear and he gets better pretty quickly.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,419,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepinlucy View Post
My dog is panting and shaking acting scared following me everywhere. I am taking him in to the vet to get blood work to see what is going on he is scaring me. I wash his face with water and that seems to help calm him he is also real thirsty drinking alot of water.
Any updates, how's he feeling now - ?

Old 10-12-2013, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 83,048 times
My German shepherd is 11 and has pretty much done this his whole life. Randomly, just out of the blue He follows me constantly, even tries to get in the shower with me. Tries to climb in my lap when I'm sitting anywhere, a stool, the couch, bed, patio furniture. It's kinda funny cuz he is just about my size. He tries to get on the counter when I'm cooking, tries to climb on the dinning room table if I'm sitting there. He's panting with crazy eyes and just a weird look in his eyes. He hates other dogs except my other German shepherd. It's gotten worse as he's aged. And even worse when his best friend my other German shepherd died (he was 13) because he has never been alone. For my dog i believe he has anxiety and is scared because over the years i wrote down things that happen just before this behavior. He gets this way when it's raining, thunder, if I'm watching a movie with scary or loud music, after a bath, when a knew neighbor moved in, on fourth of July, and halloween and other times when I haven't been able to determine the cause. To calm my dog I have him sit on my lap on the couch and I hold him close. Just as I would do if my daughter was scared. Basically I call him my scaredy cat dog. We got him when he was older and he was the runt. I give him a walk to try and get him thinking about something else if it doesn't improve after hugging him. Since it only happens randomly, He is not on any anxiety medicine.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 82,906 times
My attic smoke alarm battery was dying and the alarm was "chirping", but only in the middle of the night when the colder battery didn't have enough "juice" in it to operate the smoke alarm. The chirping was causing both my Labrador and my German Shepard to panic, rapid heartbeat, trembling, climbing on and off the bed, panting, clinging to me. Soon as I found the problem they were cured. The high-pitched noise made them nuts I guess. If you live in apartments, condos etc, it may be the neighbors' alarms making the noise, buy them some batteries, it is cheaper than vet.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:12 PM

48,115 posts, read 21,994,714 times
I had a friend whose dog had very odd behavior....it would leap and snap in the air....seemed panicked and frightened, as if it was defending against attacking birds. It was diagnosed with seizures....and the onset seemed to be related to diet. The dog had to have wild game meat such as road kill venison or venison some one had too long in the freezer and wanted to get rid of .... due to freezer burn. If it had a completely wild diet with no grains and no animals that had eaten processed food.....it was relatively ok. It was also hyper sensitive to light and had to stay inside most of the time in semi darkened conditions.

This was very hard for t he owner who had gotten this Mountain Dog...to accompany her on hikes and climbs and camping trips.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 82,671 times
Out of nowhere my dog (80lb Pit Bull / Rottweiler Mix) started doing the following:

- Shivering
- Panting
- Whining
- Acting like someone was at the door
- Sitting at my feet acting clingy
- Pacing back and forth

All of these things are very unusual for him. He doesn't have any health, mental or anxiety issues. I had just walked him and he went poop and pee just an hour ago so I ruled having to go the bathroom out.

I read one post saying that when their dog did this its poop was very hard. I Also read some posts about constipation as a cause. It made me think "his poop was a little hard when I walked him".

So I decided to take him out for a long walk and about halfway into it he took another poop and was a bit constipated and his poop was very hard! After that I brought him home and be was perfectly fine again.

If you are reading this and you know that the issue is not some anxiety or major health problem, try taking your dog out for an extra long walk. He/she might be very constipated and needs a long walk to get it all out.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 82,497 times
i have a Chihuahu about 6 or 7 and he started having to go pee like every few mins now he don't pee much he mones and grones and hurts his right back half when jumping down.. And now there is something black in the end of his penis i don't what or how it got there.. He wont leave my side..cant sleep his body trembles all the time and this has been going on a few days now... I got a few days befor i can take him to the vet i just am trying to figure out whats going on or at least try..

Thanks Lisa

Old 02-04-2014, 12:36 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
I have a chihuahua that does do that after something scares her and then the next hour or two she is over it and settles down . But my only option with her was drug her or use a thunder shirt which did work for a while but no longer does dont know why .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs