Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cconti77 View Post
Just started with my 6-7Yo Pitbull, she has never acted like this before. All same symptoms, starting shaking a lot, panting / heavy breathing, follows me around, climbs onto weird furniture, sits by door, follows me around, acts very anxious and nervous, timid. Always wanting to go outside.This lasts for a half hour to a few hours then stops completely and she is back to normal then sometimes happens again. More often at night I have found but not limited to.

She seems to stop shaking and get back to her normal self if I take her outside but then as soon as we are back in the building she doesnt want to come in?? Like there is something evil in the apartment, then sits by door??? We have lived here for almost 6 months and no issues. Up until this point she was very very happy here as it was a upgrade.

Strange thing is this all started a week or two ago, first time after swinging from a branch in the park (with jaw, she loves to play) and lasted on and off for a few days. Then again also after another session on branch, could be unrelated but for now this is all I have to go on. Currently trying to determine type of tree.

Very strange???? I dont have much money at the moment so lots of vet visits are not an option. Very worried about her tho.
My Jack Russell Terrier has the same EXACT problem!!!! I was wondering if you ever confirmed exactly WHAT the PROBLEM was?????

VERY CONCERNED!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 05:32 AM

2,331 posts, read 1,995,964 times
Ooops. Necro-thread. 2009.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:18 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,090,114 times
So what if the original thread is older. The interest remains.

Your dogs symptoms remind me of a terrier i once had. Took him to the emergency vet who discovered he was somewhat impacted near his anus and could not poop. She used a spoonula and dug out a bit of poop that had more sand than it should have. She guessed he may have been licking sand. I forget what the remedy was but it took care of the immediate problem and it never happened again.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,842 times
MY JRT Chestnut is 10, she was chasing a Squirrel th that morning as usual. She had vet appt to extract a cpl teeth. I brought her home, and now she can't stand, her front legs have no strength and she faceplants when she eats.
This was Oct 2019 n Now Feb 2020 she's worse
Been on numerous meds and vet appt, after vet .
appt. He says a nerve in cervical has caused this... I said, well FIX HER.
She can't stand on hardwood floors anymore, she cant jump and or walk up or down deck steps.
What do I do now?
She's been on carprofen, tramadol, for tooth pain, now prednisone. She's put on too much weight for her size n that's what steroids do. Which is making her worse.
They should do MRI @ their expense n surgery.
But they feel 5k is just not worth putting her thru surgery.
They messed her up..... somehow during tooth extraction

Old 03-12-2020, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
Our dog is 16 years old and has been having all of these same issues. These issues have been going on for the past few years but have only gotten worse over the past few months. Often she would seem fine and be in good spirits and then suddenly out of no where disaster would strike. At this point we are considering having her put to sleep because we cannot see our dog live like this anymore. We constantly take our dog to the vet, to have her checked out but there seems to be no answers. Her tests are always normal and she always appears to be in good health for a 16 year old dog, yet she has these crazy episodes. It doesn’t seem like she is in pain, it seems like it is something mental. Our dog is now having these attacks (whatever is happening) day and night. Now it seems 90% of the time our dog is shaking, panting, trying to climb onto things, rushing frantically around the house, suddenly jolting up because she is startled by something (going on inside her head), won’t go on hardwood floors, clings onto us at all times. There is no pattern to the behavior, nothing that triggers the behavior. We used to be able to comfort our dog, but now we are not even able to comfort our dog. It is incredibly sad. Our dog is just in a permanent state of mental panic at this point, almost like hallucinations or dementia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs