Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:12 AM

80 posts, read 363,172 times

Advertisements

and it works from 300 feet away. My friend lived next to this trashy family that had two pit bulls that used to yap away in the backyard. He bought this and apparently it droive the dogs crazy and scared the crap out of them that they were afraid to go in the backyard. They ended up staying inside and pooping and peeing all over the neighbors house. My friend spoke to his neighbor and the neighbor didnt know what was happening. lol. Payback to a selfish individual. Most discrete way to stop annoying barking dogs imo

Stop Dog Barking with the Dog Silencer Pro - Safe, Humane Anti Bark Control Product

Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Wander if it works on noisy neighbors?JK But then why should a person who owns a constantly barking dog think that the police ;not themselves need to remedy the problem.No one now days is in fear of the old I'll sue you statement really.Its information; not a topic to debate.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
I could see how this product would work in the hands of an untrained person . what would you do if you physically injured one of those dogs or both of them ? and if they saw you and actually got you on video tape using this do you know how fast you would be arrested for animal abuse ? god think about things before you use them or better yet before you buy them . dogs bark that is what they do that is how they communicate deal with it or move it is as simple as that . Yes I like my dogs better than i like some of my neighbors .

Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
The device works by feeding back a high-pitched sound that annoys the barking dog almost as much as the dog annoys the neighbors. What is cruel about that?

I have, on the front of my car, a device called a deer-whistle. When driving, the air passes through it, emitting an annoying whistle that deer can hear, causing them to run off the road. Quick---somebody ban these inhumane devices that cause innocent Bambi's so much distress.

Phonelady, my wife and I "do things that people do"---but we are too considerate of you to do it where you and your kids can watch us or hear us doing it 24 hours a day. And then tell you to deal with it, or move. Your neighbors hate your dogs, and your neighbors hate you. Is that what strokes your self-esteem?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,539,294 times
Take a squirt gun, fill it with lemon juice and squirt it in the dog's mouth. Instant quiet.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:43 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicos Dad View Post
and it works from 300 feet away. My friend lived next to this trashy family that had two pit bulls that used to yap away in the backyard. He bought this and apparently it droive the dogs crazy and scared the crap out of them that they were afraid to go in the backyard. They ended up staying inside and pooping and peeing all over the neighbors house. My friend spoke to his neighbor and the neighbor didnt know what was happening. lol. Payback to a selfish individual. Most discrete way to stop annoying barking dogs imo

Stop Dog Barking with the Dog Silencer Pro - Safe, Humane Anti Bark Control Product
Sure it will work with some dogs, but only SOME dogs, not all. I used to work in a pet store, and I can tell you from personal experience that not all dogs will be deterred by this device. I have seen dogs with shock collars on with them turned up to "max" that totally ignored them. Dogs are like people, all different. And before I plopped down $50 -$100 for a device that is supposed to stop them from barking, I'd make darn sure it worked on this particular dog.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-06-2009, 01:47 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
I used to have a neighbor that would leave his dog tied up in his back yard for the whole day. The dog barked continuously all the time the owner was gone. When the owner returned the barking stopped even IF the dog was still tied up in the back yard. The owner ignored complaints by several neighbors because he NEVER heard the dog bark.

One evening I was listening to a Slim Whitman music CD. Every time Slim hit one of his high notes the neighbors dog would start barking. I did this several times when the dog was inside the house and immediately the dog would start barking. The neighbor couldn't hear the Whitman CD but the dog sure could. It was payback time! After several days of this the bad neighbor finally took his dog to an obedience school to solve the problem. I also started wearing headphones when I wanted to listen to Slim Whitman CD's. Problem solved.

GL2

Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 PM

659 posts, read 1,084,842 times
Quote:
Its not too hard to see why your dogs bark excissively! The typical rational person with dogs(and yes Ive had dogs my whole life) would check on their animals when they're barking excessively in the backyard. Instead of a burying your head in the sand with an I dont give a sh*t attitude, a rational person would say " There must be a reason why the dog barks continually day in and day out for hours upon a time. Let me as a responsible human being do something about this so I dont disturb my neighbors". Sleep deprivation is medicallly known to take years off a person life and raise blood pressure. I always find it humorous that the most selfish of dog owners have dogs that act just like them. Sad...
Dude, don't be so narrow minded to think that someone who doesn't do anything about their dog's barking just doesn't care. My dogs bark for no friggin reason at all. They bark at shadows, something that looked like it moved, flies, each other, people in black coats with hoods...get my drift? There have been nights when my dog has barked herself horse and when I wake up and rush to see what's the problem, it turns out she's barking at a friggin shadow! People don't ignore their dog's barking because they are trying to abuse the animal, they ignore it because they know they are barking at something trivial and not worth the time to actively look for it (there have been many, MANY occasions where I have gotten myself worked up into a fuss looking for a reason why my dog won't stop barking when she was barking at an ant, or fly, or beetle. Their kennels are in the florida room and the windows are always open so the occasional critter gets in there and drives them nuts). Besides, most dog owners know that certain 'bark' when their dog is in trouble, hurt, or sacred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Take a squirt gun, fill it with lemon juice and squirt it in the dog's mouth. Instant quiet.
That's what my brother does to keep his dog in line. If he (the dog) so much as see's the bottle, he immediately stops what he's doing and heels.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,432 times
People shouldn't leave their dogs outside all night if they have neighbors close by. I have a dog myself and it pisses me off when my neighbor's dog barks all night. Be considerate of other people. I wouldn't get one of these devices cause I think it would mess with the dog, but I wish people would be more considerate.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
Quote:
Its not too hard to see why your dogs bark excissively! The typical rational person with dogs(and yes Ive had dogs my whole life) would check on their animals when they're barking excessively in the backyard. Instead of a burying your head in the sand with an I dont give a sh*t attitude, a rational person would say " There must be a reason why the dog barks continually day in and day out for hours upon a time. Let me as a responsible human being do something about this so I dont disturb my neighbors". Sleep deprivation is medicallly known to take years off a person life and raise blood pressure. I always find it humorous that the most selfish of dog owners have dogs that act just like them. Sad...
okay well you assume alot and you know what they say about assuming something . Okay first off my dogs dont stay in my yard all the time and if they do go out i am out there with them . my dogs dont bark all the time the next door neighbors dog does and frankly it does not bother me in the least . that is why i get along with my neighbors . I dont shoot water at them , I dont call the cops on them or anything of that nature . a dog is a dog and it will and can bark if it bothers you move to an apt complex where no animals are allowed !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs