Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,041,427 times

Advertisements

zoomies or Frap (Frenetic Random Activity Period) Typical of puppies and even full grown dogs.

Just let them go and enjoy the show.

If they are still hyper active later in the evening just take away the toys and your dog will calm down very quickly. just keep a chew toy nearby in case he starts nibbling on your fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,659 times
Our 6 month old Doxel does this every evening around 8 pm. She runs in circles at a speed unknown to man! I wish she was a race horse, we would be rich! I just yell go Molly go! I feel she needs to release energy. I might start doing it myself if it helps stress! lol

Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 AM

178 posts, read 413,235 times
I have a 10 year old Shih Tzu who still has the Zoomies....It makes us laugh and we figure she still must feel good even though she's getting old!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:51 AM

6,513 posts, read 6,720,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
I have a 10 year old Shih Tzu who still has the Zoomies....It makes us laugh and we figure she still must feel good even though she's getting old!
We also call it "The Zoomies"! Now that our Maltese is almost 5 she doesn't get The Zoomies very often anymore. I actually miss it. It was quite entertaining! Lily didn't ever bite though, as the OP mentioned.

Something else Lily does that cracks me up is kind of a "modified Zoomies" when she's wet, even if just a part of her is wet. Even if it's just her feet or her butt that I have to rinse off, she zooms around, and then rubs and rubs her head on a rug, as if it's her head that's wet. So funny!

Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,415 times
I love all the different things people are calling it! We used to call it the "mad 5 minutes".

Old 09-29-2013, 01:44 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,260,802 times
OMG I thought it was just our Mini Aussie Mix. She started this when we first picked her up from the Pound back in Feb. when she was 12 wks. old. "Allie" is now 10 mos. old and like clock work at 8:00 pm (when you want to sit and watch tv) she starts running faster than a race horse, flying onto the couches and floors 0 to 60. She had training school at 8:00 pm and they had to change the time after 3 wks. to 7:00 because she would not settle down. Her Teacher one wk. put her in a Thundershirt to calm her down, she ate the shirt, time outs---Nope did not work. We now just let her go running around like a "spaz" and ignore her. It stops about 10 mins. later. Hopefully, this will end soon. We had raised Samoyeds for 25 yrs. and never encountered anything like this.

Thanks for letting me know it is not just us. kelsie

Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,481,371 times
Zoomies fade away with age, providing room for other weird behaviors when dogs become adolescents/ teenagers.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:54 PM

1,762 posts, read 2,104,271 times
I miss Zoomies. Sawyer doesn't have them that often anymore, only after his baths.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,777 times
Default Puppy crazies

Hi, we have a 3 month cockapoo and he does exactly this. He is exercised, does training, played with, fed and sleeps- and still goes crazy.
Please can you tell me if you resolved this or he just got better as he got older?
Thanks

Old 10-29-2014, 11:44 AM

1,261 posts, read 956,011 times
Yes, our almost-one-year-old Goldendoodle goes absolutely nutso around that time of night, too. It doesn't seem to be food related, as he gets fed in the morning, too, and does not go crazy after breakfast. It also doesn't seem to matter how much we've exercised him during the day - in fact, sometimes the crazies are even crazier after we've worn him out earlier in the day. It can be maddening when we're trying to get kids down to bed, but mostly it is pretty cute. Based on our experience with previous dogs, it doesn't last forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs