Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 04:28 PM

30,398 posts, read 52,011,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
1 litter of Collies, 1 litter of dobies, 2 litters of Shelties, Had orders with Deposits... could have bred more! I didn't breed after this for 2 years! BTW All born within a WEEK Gulf War hit same time!
You're not really making a case for yourself here... lol.

It isn't worth harping on you now, considering how long ago this was (unless you're still doing it?). But literally one of the "red flags" for spotting unethical breeders/BYBs is when they breed multiple litters of different breeds. Soooo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 04:31 PM

30,398 posts, read 52,011,068 times
Currently I have just 1 dog + 3 cats. I had 2 dogs for about half of last year, before my old guy (Rudy) passed away. And while I'm perfectly happy with what I've got now, I feel like Boris needs a friend - so we're picking up a foster dog on Friday, who I might adopt if he fits in with our household. I'll post updates when he's here!

Old 01-24-2023, 12:35 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,071,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Currently I have just 1 dog + 3 cats. I had 2 dogs for about half of last year, before my old guy (Rudy) passed away. And while I'm perfectly happy with what I've got now, I feel like Boris needs a friend - so we're picking up a foster dog on Friday, who I might adopt if he fits in with our household. I'll post updates when he's here!
I’m fostering a puppy mill rescue right now! Fosters are so important!

Old 01-24-2023, 06:01 PM

26,004 posts, read 22,192,881 times
The most we ever had: 2 dogs, 2 cats and a guinea pig. (Two boys on top of that, so............plenty!) Currently looking for a dog, as the two older ones passed on.

Old 02-24-2023, 08:24 AM

2,043 posts, read 4,561,941 times
For a a few years, I had two dogs. Mostly, though, I have always had just one.
A few years ago, I had one dog, one cat, two parakeets, an aquarium with multiple fish, a hamster, and a very small pond with ten goldfish and two bull frogs. Unfortunately, except for one bull frog and the dog, they are all gone now.

Old 02-24-2023, 11:00 AM

2,360 posts, read 620,579 times
we had 3 dogs once. Dog 1 Golden Retriever - got visited by a black lab and had 10 puppies. We kept one - gave the others away. Oldest daughter wanted a puppy of her own, so she bought one. 3 dogs, until Dog 1 died. Then her puppy died and we got a golden mix - so two dogs now.

Old 02-25-2023, 01:04 AM

7,388 posts, read 12,699,821 times
Two dogs, Little Guy and Fat Girl, I mean Tribbles--Jack Russell/Chihuahua and GSD/Sheltie. We are very happy with two dogs, they keep each other company and look after each other. I'm sure I've told the story about the meat trade dog in another thread. Anyway, for a brief period of time we had a 3rd dog, and that was a huge mistake. It was a rescue dog from the Southeast Asian meat trade, and the foster family promised us that she was socialized, but she wasn't--she attacked Tribbles and tried to be Alpha Dog. She had the spookiest moan before she'd pounce on our sweet, gentle Tribbles. We just didn't have the patience and time to dedicate to her socialization, so we had to return her to her foster family. Then we found our that we were the 3rd family they'd tried to get to take her without being honest about her disposition. We felt bad for her, but we had to prioritize our own family dogs. And we realized that walking 3 dogs is enormously more difficult than walking two dogs! So unless Tribbles brings us another poor, homeless dog (like she did with Little Guy) we're a 2-dog family.

Old 02-25-2023, 05:33 AM

9,488 posts, read 5,269,919 times
We had four at once at one time. All black labs. Mugsy, Augie, Ringo and Cisco. Big ole' lugs....Augie always walked up the stairs backwards. Never figured that out.

Now we have a blue heeler. Has more energy and chutzpah than all four of the others combined and is quite the handful. That sad, we love him just as much. He's 'different.' LOL. But we've said he's 'the last dog.' We'll see.

Old 03-05-2023, 05:11 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
Four at once. Never again. I loved each of them but FOUR? That's just too many.

We have three now.

Old 03-05-2023, 05:40 PM

23,379 posts, read 18,993,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
We had four at once at one time. All black labs. Mugsy, Augie, Ringo and Cisco. Big ole' lugs....Augie always walked up the stairs backwards. Never figured that out.

Now we have a blue heeler. Has more energy and chutzpah than all four of the others combined and is quite the handful. That sad, we love him just as much. He's 'different.' LOL. But we've said he's 'the last dog.' We'll see.
After spending years with cattledogs (still my preferred breed) I've learned I do best with one. They absorb A LOT of your attention and energy! Living with one dog that insists on being an intimate part of your life at all times just feels right. Dogs that are content simply knowing you're alive on the planet somewhere not so much .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs