Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 11:15 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times

Advertisements

Man, some of you people are nutty.

Anyway, I've been thinking more about the squirt bottle, but since the dog already has a fear of rain...he doesn't like to be out if it is raining, which I'm trying to help him with. I don't want to mess up his head even more by squirting him. I'll need to think about that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 12:39 PM

285 posts, read 198,002 times
No advice but I had to lol at the description of your dogs behavior (sorry ). I have a dachshund too and she gets crazy when I'm trying to get her ready for her walk. She runs circles or paces by the door lol. Makes it impossible to put her leash on. They are stubborn dogs aren't they? Good luck, hope the behavior improves for you!

Old 10-15-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
No advice but I had to lol at the description of your dogs behavior (sorry ). I have a dachshund too and she gets crazy when I'm trying to get her ready for her walk. She runs circles or paces by the door lol. Makes it impossible to put her leash on. They are stubborn dogs aren't they? Good luck, hope the behavior improves for you!
Yes, they are stubborn but so sweet. I wish I knew about my dog's life, before we got him, and why he does the things he does. Like, he gets all excited when it's time to eat, but he won't eat if we are in the same room, so he waits for us to leave. He loves to pee and poop on concrete instead of the grass, and he does not like his feet to get wet. I've never given him a bath because I'm sure he will hate it.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:37 PM

285 posts, read 198,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes, they are stubborn but so sweet. I wish I knew about my dog's life, before we got him, and why he does the things he does. Like, he gets all excited when it's time to eat, but he won't eat if we are in the same room, so he waits for us to leave. He loves to pee and poop on concrete instead of the grass, and he does not like his feet to get wet. I've never given him a bath because I'm sure he will hate it.
They are sweet! My dog won't walk in the grass either! I think she hates how it feels on her paws and belly. She doesn't love baths, but I don't bathe her often. She only goes outside 4-6 times a day and it's always on a leash, so she doesn't get dirty. I got mine as a puppy, so I'm her only owner. She still has odd behaviors too. She acts fearful towards men at times, even though she's never been abused or mistreated.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
They are sweet! My dog won't walk in the grass either! I think she hates how it feels on her paws and belly. She doesn't love baths, but I don't bathe her often. She only goes outside 4-6 times a day and it's always on a leash, so she doesn't get dirty. I got mine as a puppy, so I'm her only owner. She still has odd behaviors too. She acts fearful towards men at times, even though she's never been abused or mistreated.
Funny, but mine will bark at my husband sometimes, even though they are best buddies.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:02 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,278,745 times
Why weren't the nails trimmed? Why was the dog in the bedroom?

Old 10-15-2016, 04:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesenugget View Post
Why weren't the nails trimmed? Why was the dog in the bedroom?
Why does it matter if the dog was in the bedroom? The specific room has no baring on the dog's actions.
As far as the nails go perhaps the appointment to get nails trimmed had not happened yet.
It can take a couple days to get into the vet sometimes.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:49 PM

Ok, I'll bite. The dog sleeps with us every night, because it makes him happy. The dogs nails are cut at the vet's about every 3 weeks. Totally beside the point.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,228,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, I'll bite. The dog sleeps with us every night, because it makes him happy. The dogs nails are cut at the vet's about every 3 weeks. Totally beside the point.
Our two dogs also sleep in our bedroom on their own beds. Once in awhile the younger one will jump up on our bed in the middle of the night and crash out. We like having them near.

I'm sure yours will put up with a swat for acting up in the morning to retain the privileged of sleeping near its pack. I know ours do.

We do crate one during the day while we're at work since he chewed the carpet two times. Other than that they get to enjoy the house with us and are well behaved and happy dogs even though they have been "spanked" a few times to get their attention.

You sound like a responsible and loving dog owner who understands that every once in awhile a dog needs a stern correction.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:06 PM

811 posts, read 1,557,538 times
I have a dachshund too and they are different! He doesn't like grass either, what is it with these dogs! Loads of character though. When mine won't stop barking I use a rolled up magazine and slam it on whatever piece of furniture is close to him. The sharp noise gets his attention and he stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs