Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:00 PM

629 posts, read 3,598,083 times

Advertisements

[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
The people on the side of our house here have a boxer. They do not have a fenced yard so they put him on a long rope. To make a long story short, he chews at our fence, runs back and forth, barks all the time, he is super high energy. When my little white pit is out in our yard near the fence where the boxer is, he attacks the fence to try to get at her! He is a handful and out of control....I blame the owners....they did not train him.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:04 PM

751 posts, read 2,480,352 times
Your pup is too cute. If you are ever looking for advice/info check out the boxer world website www.boxerworld.com You have to sign up to check out the forums, which is slightly annoying, but it has tons of info. Best wishes.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phwalls View Post
Your pup is too cute. If you are ever looking for advice/info check out the boxer world website www.boxerworld.com You have to sign up to check out the forums, which is slightly annoying, but it has tons of info. Best wishes.

thank you!

Jax has been a joyful addition to our family!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:16 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
definitely a cute pup- we currently have two boxers - both female - our fawn boxer is about 2 1/2 and our brindle pup is coming up on 5 months (although these picks are from the 4-8 week mark)

with our fist pup we went through the AZ Boxer Club and found a list of breeders involved with the organization - adopting from them was great - the breeder put us through the ringer, both parents on site along with a dog from a previous litter - full lineage, etc ........ she took to house training really quickly and is very social, never really barks, was very interested in playing with our cat ........ our biggest training issue was jumping, which has gotten better

the puppy we got through an acquaintance - still had the lineage, parents on site, etc ...... however I don't think she cared about the breed as much and put effort into training all the dogs .... seemed like she was also looking to just unload the dogs ..... we picked her up early (@ 6 weeks) because the pups were staying outside

she's a little more exciteable - will bark a little and is very stubborn ...... she's also very friendly and adorable at times

I love the breed, have never had a problem with them and kids/other dogs ......... they are no more hyper than our friends labs ..... they just tend to stay active for a long time ....... they sleep a lot and lounge a lot - just have plenty of chew toys and get them for regular walks, runs around the yard or a trip to the dog park

every dog is different - but the breed as a whole will take some patience and reinforcement to train - but they are very loyal, love people and just want to be a part of everything

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/enoce/4-1.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/enoce/3-1.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/enoce/1-2.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/enoce/2-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 AM

Jax is very active. He drives our 4 yr old terrier/collie mix(Gypsy) crazy. He loves to play.......she does not! He is already bigger than her! He is going to be a BIG dog. We have a fenced yard so he gets ALOT of running and jumping time. He will sit, stay and lay down for a treat. I think he is doing fine for 15 weeks! He will not let the other dog get close enough for me to pet her. He seems very jealous. He sits on his butt and raises his fists in the air........it's hilarious!

BTW, Beautiful Boxers you have..........does the pup not chew up that training pad in the crate. We tried that, he just destroyed it!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,557 times
Finger Lake,
Your brindle puppy looks just like my mom's Butch. I miss him.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
yeah - that training pad lasted about as long as that picture - was a good thought, but didn't work

it is neat how they use their paws - both of mine get jealous as well - also you need to decide if you want them on furniture or not - we allow ours and at times it's a bit ridiculous - if I'm laying out on the couch and not providing room the fawn will sit there, stare at me and whine

Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,623 times
boxer are great dogs with kids & adults but most of the time they do get skin tumours called Mast Tumors so this can be very cost affective and sad.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 10,802 times
Wink boxers are great!

I recently purchased a flashy brown (red) boxer puppy. He is great with my 6 and 7 year old sons. i would recommend a boxer as a pet with families with children. he does chew shoes though!
see how beautiful he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Boxers-dsc00037.jpg   Boxers-dsc00071.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs