Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM

36,631 posts, read 30,953,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Heck, I have some of that, and I never even had kids! With childbirth, you have a child and family for your trouble, which most regard as an asset. With facial tattoos, you have...facial tattoos... If anything, a total liability.
Like tattoos, everyone has an opinion. I personally dislike them and definitely would not spend the money or endure the pain to get them.
Some women would not spend the money, endure the pain or have the other possible disfiguring effects of pregnancy and childbirth either. Often kids are a big liability as well.
Just saying, some people don't think it is rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

22,035 posts, read 13,063,881 times
Agree that we all have an opinion; that goes without saying.

Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM

161 posts, read 53,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm not sure those are indicators of being uncivilized.
I was trying to be nice.

Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM

12,574 posts, read 9,665,004 times
I know there are some tattoos which are actually pretty artwork. However, I think of it much like graffiti - whether or not the overlay is itself pretty, you seldom improve the appearance of the underlying person or building by covering it with a tattoo or graffiti image.

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

17,326 posts, read 15,507,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I know there are some tattoos which are actually pretty artwork. However, I think of it much like graffiti - whether or not the overlay is itself pretty, you seldom improve the appearance of the underlying person or building by covering it with a tattoo or graffiti image.
How do you feel about jewelry?

Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM

587 posts, read 598,667 times
A nice looking tattoo is like a work of art.

Facial markings are a sign of mental illness and blessing for those who are willing to see these as warning labels on people.

Old Today, 08:02 AM

754 posts, read 844,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
Facial markings are a sign of mental illness and blessing for those who are willing to see these as warning labels on people.
Very possibly the best post on CD this year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events