Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 09:10 AM

88,691 posts, read 85,035,510 times

Advertisements

There was a guy in the church I used to attend whose shaved/bald head was covered with tats. I liked to sit behind him and study his head when the sermon was boring and repetitive, as it often was.

I think God sent him to keep me from screaming "Get to the point already!" at the nice man in the pulpit.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-04-2024 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 04:57 AM

8,060 posts, read 10,660,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
In "The Mask of Sanity," the seminal work on sociopathy written in the 1940s by Dr. Cleckley, tattooing was rare and considered one of the tell-tale marks of a psychopath. Now it's common and considered normal.

THAT'S the difference.
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I for one don't consider face tattoos in any way "normal".

Old 05-06-2024, 06:58 AM

22,043 posts, read 13,063,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I for one don't consider face tattoos in any way "normal".
I meant tattoos in general, not face tattoos, and by "normal," I meant common. Tattoos ARE now common.

I share your opinion that it's not rational to pay money and endure pain to permanently disfigure your body.

Old 05-06-2024, 08:27 AM

36,634 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
I meant tattoos in general, not face tattoos, and by "normal," I meant common. Tattoos ARE now common.

I share your opinion that it's not rational to pay money and endure pain to permanently disfigure your body.
Meh, lots of tribes have undergone body mutilations of some sort for centuries, piercings, tats, scaring, neck stretching, lip plates, feet binding, genital mutilation. Women give birth everyday. That often comes with permanent disfiguration and its not cheap.

Old 05-06-2024, 10:43 AM

32,680 posts, read 48,196,960 times
Quote:
I meant tattoos in general, not face tattoos, and by "normal," I meant common. Tattoos ARE now common..........
A tattoo used to mean you were a rebel and now it means you are a conformist, going along with the herd.

Old Yesterday, 04:43 AM

161 posts, read 53,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Meh, lots of tribes have undergone body mutilations of some sort for centuries, piercings, tats, scaring, neck stretching, lip plates, feet binding, genital mutilation. Women give birth everyday. That often comes with permanent disfiguration and its not cheap.
Yeah, and I figure we should be trying to be more civilized than that ... trying to move forward.

Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Women give birth everyday. That often comes with permanent disfiguration and its not cheap.
I think a lot of (especially young) mothers would disagree that they're "permanently disfigured," LOL! And presumably there's some benefit to be derived from giving birth. I don't see what that could be with facial tattoos or any, for that matter.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I think a lot of (especially young) mothers would disagree that they're "permanently disfigured," LOL! And presumably there's some benefit to be derived from giving birth. I don't see what that could be with facial tattoos or any, for that matter.
Stretch marks, saggy boobs, smaller boobs, loose skin, C-section scars, episiotomy scars, wider hips, fallen arches, bigger feet, larger vagina, incontinence, linea nigra, loosing teeth.
These, like tattoos, are some possible permanent disfigurations. Like tattoos, having a child is voluntary, costs money (~19k) and is also painful.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
Yeah, and I figure we should be trying to be more civilized than that ... trying to move forward.
I'm not sure those are indicators of being uncivilized.

Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Stretch marks, saggy boobs, smaller boobs, loose skin, C-section scars, episiotomy scars, wider hips, fallen arches, bigger feet, larger vagina, incontinence, linea nigra, loosing teeth.
These, like tattoos, are some possible permanent disfigurations. Like tattoos, having a child is voluntary, costs money (~19k) and is also painful.
Heck, I have some of that, and I never even had kids! With childbirth, you have a child and family for your trouble, which most regard as an asset. With facial tattoos, you have...facial tattoos... If anything, a total liability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events