Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 09:06 PM

30,382 posts, read 51,991,511 times

Advertisements

Btw, y'all know Daily Mail is a tabloid rag - right? Not saying she's fake, since she obviously does exist. But take anything beyond that with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2024, 05:04 AM

147 posts, read 49,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Maybe they're not concerned about being attractive to other people, let alone men. Do you feel the same about handsome men with tattoos?
I do. I see a lot of handsome, young males who make themselves look like trash with tattoos. 'Murica!

I know all I need to know about the being in the story by her backwards 'ACAB' tattoo.

Old 04-26-2024, 05:06 AM

17,361 posts, read 22,115,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Every view, click and interaction of the video makes her money. That's why she did it.
this^^^^^^

Also consider someone trendy enough to have facial tattoos: Why would they want to work at TJ Maxx anyway?

Old 04-26-2024, 05:08 AM

147 posts, read 49,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Are you serious? Most people don't think much farther out than next weekend, let alone the rest of their lives. Studies have shown that younger adults "think ahead" an average of only 2.6 years! At least they're a little better than older adults. Their average is about 0.3 years into the future.
When I was young I thought about getting a tattoo. I then read an article where Axl Rose said "Before you get a tattoo, sleep on it for a year. If you still want it after that, you must really want it."

I'm glad I took advice from Axl Rose ... I have no tattoos ... I look much better being clean cut.

Old 04-26-2024, 05:11 AM

17,361 posts, read 22,115,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
When I was young I thought about getting a tattoo. I then read an article where Axl Rose said "Before you get a tattoo, sleep on it for a year. If you still want it after that, you must really want it."

I'm glad I took advice from Axl Rose ... I have no tattoos ... I look much better being clean cut.
Tom Petty once said: A man with a rebel tattoo is probably not much of a rebel.

I do want to get one:

One my chest: Coroner: Try CPR one more time!

I figure if you could make a coroner laugh, you have had a great life!

Old 04-26-2024, 05:20 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,060,402 times
another self-inflicted failure to launch story. zzz

Old 04-26-2024, 05:23 AM

8,055 posts, read 10,651,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Why? Can it be unappealing? Sure. But dirty disgusting? I don't know much about tattoos, but I do know once it's healed, a tattoo can be washed or scrubbed however the person chooses. For all you know that server's hands are cleaner than yours because their employer follows proper food service hygiene practices!
Obviously a person with numerous tattoos can still have good hygiene. There is just something about it that looks "dirty".

Facial and hand tattoos say "poor judgement". They just do. Not a strength to an employer. With life being as tough as it is these days, I don't know why someone would purposely do something that is going to seriously impede their chances of success in the employment world. Then complain about it.

Old 04-26-2024, 05:50 AM

27,225 posts, read 13,514,577 times
Quote:
Btw, y'all know Daily Mail is a tabloid rag - right? Not saying she's fake, since she obviously does exist. But take anything beyond that with a grain of salt.
The Daily Mail is a Middle market newspaper or black-top masthead and along with the Daily Express, is more of a centre ground newspaper for the Middle Classes, as opposed to the Working Class Red Top Tabloids or the more intellectual upper class professional text led,'quality' newspapers often referred to as the 'Broadsheets'.

The Daily Mail is the equivalent of USA Today in the US, and is basically a more light weight entertainment and sports orientated morning newspaper.

The left don't like the Daily Mail, which has the best selling newspaper in the UK because it's a middle class with centre right political slant, however actual news events in the Daily Mail is the same news as any other news, and a lot of the criticism is often pure nonsense.

It also should be noted that other newspapers are often far more politically biased such as the left wing Guardian and Daily Mirror etc, and to pick on the Mail which is very much a toned down middle market newspaper as opposed to the often more sensationalist red top tabloids is ridiculous and over the top.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-26-2024 at 06:07 AM..

Old 04-26-2024, 06:12 AM

8,783 posts, read 5,080,500 times
Quote:
Well that's dumb. It's like saying someone with freckles or scars is "dirty." Unless it's brand new and literally oozing blood/plasma, it is basically no different from un-tattooed skin.

You must be a blast at parties. lol
Freckles and scars are not ugly tats.....ugly tats on faces and hands show little self respect for your body. And yes I am a blast at parties!!

Old 04-26-2024, 07:47 AM

1,973 posts, read 940,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
One my chest
Actually, I should tattoo DNR on mine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events