Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2023, 02:25 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,796 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I originally had a 3 month lease with my landlord and work and financially were good, so I thought I was good to sign a 6 month lease. Going into 2024, situation changed and I talked to landlord if there was anyway to terminate my lease. She said no and regarding the law to "find a reasonable replacement" she said it was slow and wasn't sure. I posted my place on Craigslist and trying to post on Facebook.

I offered to sublet and she said she wouldn't allow it. Then she comes back and says there is an error on my lease that they forgot to add my pet memorandum and need new signatures. I said no and said they have all the pet documents and my ESA and pet records and fill it's shady she is asking for it again.

A legal advisor said to not sign anything as they said once a lease is signed by both parties nothing can be changed unless both parties to decide to terminate.

I offered to come to a compromise by saying I'd sign a new 3-month lease with the higher rent cost and sign a new pet memorandum.

Waiting for a response on that.

I'm trying to find a short term job to pay my lease off in the mean time. I have a family member in Denver who could charge me less rent if I can get out of my lease and even working a place like Target I'd be financially ok until I got back on my feet.

FYI I'm in Weld County now and I hate it up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2023, 07:01 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
The lease issue is a symptom of you not having your financial life in order. Short term leases, short term jobs are not a good sign. Figure out who you want to be and what it will take to get there and implement a plan for 2024. I wish you luck.

Old 12-30-2023, 08:09 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Hi,

I originally had a 3 month lease with my landlord and work and financially were good, so I thought I was good to sign a 6 month lease. Going into 2024, situation changed and I talked to landlord if there was anyway to terminate my lease. She said no and regarding the law to "find a reasonable replacement" she said it was slow and wasn't sure. I posted my place on Craigslist and trying to post on Facebook.

I offered to sublet and she said she wouldn't allow it. Then she comes back and says there is an error on my lease that they forgot to add my pet memorandum and need new signatures. I said no and said they have all the pet documents and my ESA and pet records and fill it's shady she is asking for it again.

A legal advisor said to not sign anything as they said once a lease is signed by both parties nothing can be changed unless both parties to decide to terminate.

I offered to come to a compromise by saying I'd sign a new 3-month lease with the higher rent cost and sign a new pet memorandum.

Waiting for a response on that.

I'm trying to find a short term job to pay my lease off in the mean time. I have a family member in Denver who could charge me less rent if I can get out of my lease and even working a place like Target I'd be financially ok until I got back on my feet.

FYI I'm in Weld County now and I hate it up here.
Did you lose your job? I don't understand this short term job thing you mentioned. This question needs to be asked to a legal advisor only.

Old 01-04-2024, 12:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Landlord tenant laws have recently changed. There are no charges for sea documented animals.

A memorandum is a notification that both parties agree to the information

If you had a 3 month lead is that term over?

Did you sign a new 6 month lease?

Old 01-06-2024, 12:04 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Landlord tenant laws have recently changed. There are no charges for sea documented animals.

A memorandum is a notification that both parties agree to the information

If you had a 3 month lead is that term over?

Did you sign a new 6 month lease?
Yes 3 month ended and I signed a 6 month bc of this new job but new job had layoffs. I took a seasonal job as at a grocery market and best I’ve had so far was an interview working at Target as a cashier.

Almost all the studios I saw wanted a year lease.

Landlord got back to me and said I don’t need to sign a new memorandum but she won’t let me go back to the three month lease as she has over 10 vacancies, mostly the 2 bedrooms and 5 vacant 1 bedrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado