Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 04:09 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,331 times

Advertisements

ESPN is reporting that "Sarks" is taking a leave of absence. Is this the end of the line for Steve at USC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 04:18 PM

396 posts, read 410,069 times
One can only hope. Guy has a serious problem.

Though, the program deserves every indignity it gets for not hiring Ed Orgeron.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:21 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
Wait, 7 win Sark is out before his 7th win? Besides his dependency problem, the dude has a coaching problem- he's horrible.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Not enough wins to cover up his "issues"? Apparently Coach "O" had his own demons. At this point, gotta question Pat Haden's judgement in bringing Sarks back. What next, Lane Kiffin Redux?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:03 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,463,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
ESPN is reporting that "Sarks" is taking a leave of absence. Is this the end of the line for Steve at USC?
It probably is, because I don't think expectations at SC allow for protracted time off in rehab, and it looks like he's going to need that. It saddens me, because Sark did UW far more good than harm, because I don't wish bad outcomes on SC (beyond wishing to win the game against them), and because his marriage has already fallen apart and now maybe his career and even his health are in harm's way. There's just no good outcome for anyone. Well, perhaps for UCLA, but I don't think the Bruins would want it to happen this way.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
It probably is, because I don't think expectations at SC allow for protracted time off in rehab, and it looks like he's going to need that. It saddens me, because Sark did UW far more good than harm, because I don't wish bad outcomes on SC (beyond wishing to win the game against them), and because his marriage has already fallen apart and now maybe his career and even his health are in harm's way. There's just no good outcome for anyone. Well, perhaps for UCLA, but I don't think the Bruins would want it to happen this way.
Well put. The times I was around he was always a class act.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:46 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,462 times
You can't have a drunk as a coach.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:15 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
I'm Not a SC fan but i do agree that, Pat Haden should be let go over this!
This isn't his only screw up, but a long pattern of many Screw ups.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:38 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,463,545 times
Some schools have minor or major head coaching psychoses. At Texas, I have the perception that the head coach has to suck up to and be available to some very self-important big money. At Oregon, King Philip must be pleased, because he has the power and wealth to do and own anyone or anything. At Nebraska, no matter how much a coach wins, he must also feel likeable to a very likeable fanbase. At Kansas, the faithful have to try and convince someone that Lawrence truly can care about sports beyond basketball. At Michigan, the Ghost of Bo hovers, and they have fundamental issues with anyone not an alum. At ASU, they like to hire mercenaries. And at SC, they need an extrovert who 'gets' SC, its LA environment, and who while doing so, reinforces SC's powerful sense of ownership of LA and even the state.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:54 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I'm Not a SC fan but i do agree that, Pat Haden should be let go over this!
This isn't his only screw up, but a long pattern of many Screw ups.
Just curious, what screw up did Pat Haden do that is a fireable offense? I think he is a class act, I think his only mistake really is hiring Sark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football