Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 03:20 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,870 times

Advertisements

It was just announced, Sarkisian has been fired by AD Pat Haden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 03:34 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,775 times
Question for the lawyers: Can Sark file some type of claim against USC? Just interesting that an employee goes into rehab at the request of the employer. But the employer turns around and says "You're fired", without giving the employee the opportunity to address the issue.

And with that, What big name coach, one with a big ego, would want to work with a Haden, an AD who pulls coaches off the bus, publicly gets into people's grill at a banquet, and comes onto the field to argue a call?

Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,282 times
^ for not intervening after the previous incidents. I hope Steve gets the help he needs

Edit: response as to Haden's poor judgement

Old 10-12-2015, 03:50 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,455,230 times
That kinda feels disingenuous on Haden's part. It's understandable, and maybe something happened in the last 24 hours, but either put him on LOA for rehab and counseling--and give him the time to do that--or can him in the moment and have done with it. I understand that Haden has to decide for the good of their program, but I have a hard time seeing how that good was served by starting with the LOA and then turning around to show him the door. I have to think that they met, or that Sark was looked at by professionals, and the short version was this wasn't a fix that would happen in time to limit the damage to the program. Whether that had to do with Sark's attitude, or with the professional opinion, or even a mutual decision, we probably will not learn.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:55 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Just curious, what screw up did Pat Haden do that is a fireable offense? I think he is a class act, I think his only mistake really is hiring Sark.
That could, and should be enough to fire most Ad's right there!
How he handled the "Lame Kiffen" firing Was pretty low class imo.
Also, what multi million dollar business does not do back ground checks on their high salary employees
This guy was an alcoholic at the university of Washington
Documents, former players point to Steve Sarkisian's alcohol use at Washington - LA Times
So either he knew, and choose to ignore his drinking problem or he didn't do his due diligence when screening Steve Starkisian back ground.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:04 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,455,230 times
Holy crap. I just read that article, hm619. 'Tequila' is one of our spirit songs, but not to that extent. This whole mortar round landed right where we were sitting what feels like just a moment ago. If he'd melted down like this when still at UW, I'd be amazed if Woodward survived the impact.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:28 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,282 times
Plus it still feels creepy thinking about Haden running onto the field last year against Stanford to "protest" the officiating I believe HE was ultimately restrained by Sarkisian.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:51 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Wow to all of this!

Old 10-12-2015, 04:53 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
I hope so. The team is not playing to standard, and if he has a drinking problem, they need to give him the boot. Should've happened yesterday.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I'm Not a SC fan but i do agree that, Pat Haden should be let go over this!
This isn't his only screw up, but a long pattern of many Screw ups.
Haden has been an SC Golden Boy since the early 70's. It would happen only if there are other revelations to come. Like if Sark had other things going on that are a major embarrassments to the SC brand. Which is sacred to the alumni.

They'll forgive Haden anything....except a scandal that brings disgrace and reflects badly on the Men if Troy. I think Haden would resign were that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football