Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 10:41 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times

Advertisements

Awww, Ohiogirl, thanks for coming to this thread! Those silly little dolls have SUCH a hold on my heart.

My kitty Hansel loved to carry Telly Viddle around ... I always thought it was because she looked like me, LOL! He was such a silly kitty ... I miss him ...

Oh, those Kologne Kiddles seemed to keep their scent forever! I found some of those a few years ago and could still faintly smell them. Pretty amazing. They definitely took me back to my childhood!

If you ever find yours, please POST PICTURES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 08:55 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
My kitty Hansel loved to carry Telly Viddle around ... I always thought it was because she looked like me, LOL! He was such a silly kitty ... I miss him ...
Oh, how cute!

Old 02-23-2022, 05:46 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,716,293 times
I cannot believe I found others who recall Liddle Kiddles!! I find myself constantly comparing them to the new, similar and still think we had the best of all way back then.
I don't have any Kiddles now, and only had a few back in the day, but They were a lot of fun. Unfortunately, my brothers also found them fun....to use as captives with their army men games :}
Someone asked about the discoloring caused by the internal wires-- that is something that I remember happening all the time with mine.
Its great to see your pictures of those little treasures!

Old 02-23-2022, 11:41 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,505,917 times
I had Kiddles when I was a kid in the 70's - loved those things. This thread has been a real blast from the past. It's cool that some of you have still have your dolls.

Old 08-21-2022, 08:56 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,716,293 times
I just have to tell y'all that we went on the "World's Longest Yard Sale" this year, and Lo and behold there were women selling Liddle Kiddles! I was shocked, but found myself giggling as I looked them over.

So...if you are looking for them, they can be found!!!

Old 08-22-2022, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I had Kiddles when I was a kid in the 70's - loved those things. This thread has been a real blast from the past. It's cool that some of you have still have your dolls.
Not only have them, but have made space in my guest room for them, LOL! Right now I have 2 new kittens "boarding" in that room so the re-organizing of that room will have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
I just have to tell y'all that we went on the "World's Longest Yard Sale" this year, and Lo and behold there were women selling Liddle Kiddles! I was shocked, but found myself giggling as I looked them over.

So...if you are looking for them, they can be found!!!
Ha! I likely would have bought them all!

Old 04-21-2023, 09:11 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Another thread made me think about the Kiddles that I loved when I was a kid (and kinda sorta collect as a middle-aged woman). I have a Kiddles album in my profile ... here are a few of the photos ...

Who else remembers these little (or should I say "liddle") dolls? I hope there are some on City-Data who will chime in and add some photos if you have them!
Aww! I remember these! I used to have some. :-)

Old 06-30-2023, 07:09 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,037,459 times
I remember these fondly. I played with them with a dollhouse.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:55 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
I had one that was in the perfume bottle.

I bought a few for my daughter who was born in the 90's. They were reissued but I don't think they were popular like they were in the 60's.

I also had Flatsy Patsy, Blythe, Dawn dolls plus Dawn doll sized dolls called the Rockflowers who came with a record that was supposed to be the dolls singing the songs. IIRC, there were only 4 dolls.

You can't buy any cute dolls for kids these days. When my granddaughter was about two, I wanted a cute baby doll. I ended up letting her play with her mothers dolls. She especially likes the Gerber baby doll who's about 20 inches long. She fits into newborn baby clothes.

Old 01-09-2024, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the additional responses -- somehow I missed some of them, sorry! Have corrected that with some reps today.

I've bought more Kiddles off ebay ... got lucky and won a huge auction a few days ago (plus some smaller ones). I don't spend money on much besides my house so I splurged! I'm finally getting my guest room in order but am waiting for 2 new tall bookcases that match the bookcase headboard in that room -- they are DEEP so will be able to fit a lot of silly displays.

I also bought some doll stands on temu.com -- wasn't sure if they would work but they were 5 for $3 so I figured I could take a chance! Also bought a 5-level display case -- the smallest (2") Kiddles fit (I have a seated larger Kiddle in front as well). That was all of $8. Both photos below!

I have had fun "playing" during this winter break! Classes start again a week from today (although mine will start on Wednesday) but I have a light load this semester so look forward to getting more DONE in that guest room.

If any of you have found YOUR Kiddles from childhood, please post pictures! Comments are always welcome too, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Liddle Kiddles?  (dolls from '60s/'70s) (PICS)-temu_2-kiddles-show-size-doll-stand.jpg   Liddle Kiddles?  (dolls from '60s/'70s) (PICS)-temu_acrylic_display_box_with_tiny_kiddles_1-9-24.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques