Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Philly vs Bos
Philadelphia 288 52.17%
Boston 264 47.83%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 02:58 PM

5,016 posts, read 3,909,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkSomeWater View Post
Interesting methodology and list.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-north-america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 02:59 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
Quote:
I’m talking about notable players before Orr played.

You can’t name any. Thought so.

I’m here because Philly is being sold short on the sports front.
You keep saying that but saying Boston has a better sports history with better franchises across the board isn't selling Philly short. Nobody is sitting here saying Philly doesn't have a rich history and compared to most other cities it would probably be superior. This is all opinion based anyway, but the majority of people would agree with what I'm saying.

The irony though of you saying anything being is sold short is what you seem to be doing to keep belittle some of what I've said about the rivalries that I've put out there. Nobody is falling for it though.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:01 PM

119 posts, read 54,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Clover View Post
You keep saying that but saying Boston has a better sports history with better franchises across the board isn't selling Philly short. Nobody is sitting here saying Philly doesn't have a rich history and compared to most other cities it would probably be superior. This is all opinion based anyway, but the majority of people would agree with what I'm saying.

The irony though of you saying anything being is sold short is what you seem to be doing to keep belittle some of what I've said about the rivalries that I've put out there. Nobody is falling for it though.
Good to know BostonBornMassMade is a nobody.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:02 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
Quote:
Interesting one as well here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...hl_franchises/

That's the funny thing about measuring success. You can include a lot of different measures.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
A list without Buffalo or the Twin Cities in the top 5 isn’t a list. Sorry.

At least fansided has a methodology they go over for their ranking.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Good to know BostonBornMassMade is a nobody.
He said the Sox Yankees was a fabricated rivalry. But ticket prices and viewership would tell him, and you, that you're wrong.

In 2003, the Red Sox won the ALDS. Umass is notorious for rioting, so a major riot ensued.

When the Yankees lost the world series to the Marlins in 2003, after the Aaron Boone homerun/series, you know what happened? Umass rioted again, but this time it was so bad, they had to all-but shut down Amherst and SWAT with military equipment had to help come and clean up the mess.

Whoever doesn't think that was a rivalry is pretty out of touch, or wasn't a baseball fan. To this day, you'll hear "Yankees Suck" chants loouuuddd and clear when the Bruins are playing away games.

Unfortunately, the rivalry and baseball is not what it was even a decade ago.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
A list without Buffalo or the Twin Cities in the top 5 isn’t a list. Sorry.

At least fansided has a methodology they go over for their ranking.
And Fansided had New Jersey at number 5.

Yikes.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:11 PM

BostonBorn’s got a more respectful and knowledgeable POV on Boston than you or any other rose-colored white washed version you provide.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
And Fansided had New Jersey at number 5.

Yikes.
I can’t stand the Devils, but seriously?

Did you actually read the methodology?

Old 05-20-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Boston is not a baseball region. The Red Sox just have the wealthiest fan base. They had the allure of “the curse” and a huge rivalry with the biggest city in the world..

On the ground it’s really a 1. Hockey region then 2 . Basketball region. That where we produce local talent and have good HS . attendance. Actually New England may move more amid a basketball region than hickey. Mass is hockey over B-ball.

Note that UConn URI Vermont Providence Harvard all have or had extremely strong Basketball programs in the past 20 years. And in excluding Umass BC and Northeastern.
Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City