Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:24 AM

213 posts, read 674,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg1114 View Post
I blame my poor memory on that fog machine (and way too many nights at Bourbon Street Live).

What was the name of the techno place? I know it will come to me eventually.
I can't remember the name of it off-hand either. I just remember all the hotties being in there. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 11:26 PM

3 posts, read 23,623 times
Gosh, where do I even begin...

I plan to get into this in more detail later in a separate thread (and possibly get a huge Forest Fair Mall project off the ground if I can ever find the time), but I'll try to sum this up.

This place, to this day, is still magical. And though it is a shell of it's former self, as it slowly dies I still walk this mall and remember.....

Growing up there was not a single Sunday that I didn't travel with my parents here. We'd have our usual stops, Bigg's, Gold Star Chili, etc...
I bought my first video game magazine at the Electronics Boutique, I have so many great memories of seeing movies with my Dad at the then Super Saver Cinemas, for only .50 cents!

But the real excitement for me, was spendings HOURS in TimeOut on the Court.

This place was a paradise! Even now, when I walk past the area where they walled it up, I just stare into space at what used to be. I'm sure I look like a psycho on the security monitor.

I would absolutely LOVE anyone to post their images they may have of this Mall.

Have an old birthday snap when you were 10 and you can see the mall in the background? POST IT! Have a class field trip or business outing shot there? POST IT! Picture of an old girlfriend/boyfriend leaning against the Super Saver Cinemas ticket booth? POST IT!

Here's some great shots of the Arcade I found. I have more where this came from...
Attached Thumbnails
Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-carosel-2nd-floor.jpg   Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-skylight.jpg   Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-time-out-2nd-floor-carosel.jpg   Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-time-out-arcade-ext.jpg   Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-time-out-arcade-front.jpg  

Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-time-out-game-room.jpg   Forest Fair Mall/Cincinnati Mills questions-time-out-redemption-center.jpg  

Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 AM

267 posts, read 722,195 times
man does those pics brings back memories.. the same with northgate nothing but memories
that's all we can have good old times we can never get back

Old 08-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsman View Post
man does those pics brings back memories.. the same with northgate nothing but memories
that's all we can have good old times we can never get back
Actualy, depending on how much source material I can gather from folks here and on other forums (IE: pics, stories, etc...) we just may be able to relive more than memories through the project I'm developing....

Old 08-16-2010, 02:48 PM

pics don't have stories i do have

Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,716,637 times
Such an interesting topic to me!

It came down to:

Northgate Mall VS. Tri-County Mall VS. Forest Fair Mall

Forest Fair Mall was the first to die, then Northgate Mall, then Cincinnati Mills thought it could save Forest Fair, then Tri-County said "wait a minute, we're NOT going down without a fight!" then prop. owners dumped a ton of money into it, then Cincinnati Mills started to fade (you still have 3 malls all near each other), now everyone's going to either Tri-C or Kenwood, Cincinnati Mills takes its final breath and now Northgate Mall is thinking like Tri-C ... "we've been here for this long and we refuse to give up without a fight!" ... they do have the 'drawing from SEIN thing going too.

*that's one hell of a run-on sentence, but that's okay.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 AM

bass pro shops is keeping cincinnati malls alive.. if it wasn't for them they'd been closed along time ago

Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,071 times
There just isn't the business for enclosed malls there once was. People want store entrances directly off the parking lot, as you'll find at Rookwood and even Stone Creek Center just north of ailing Northgate. Yes, Kenwood Mall is thriving, but I'll bet research would show they're drawing their customers from a much larger geographic area than they were 20 years ago.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 AM

Well, the last corp to buy Cincinnati Mills (turning it into Cincinnati Mall) was doing it for only a turn around profit. They had no intention to clear up the roadblocks that would stop Cincinnati Mall from turning around.

What issues am I referring to? Taxes. But the new company has stated they intended to pay off these taxes, lower the rent and revive this mall.

So....perhaps the juggernaut has one final breath left in her....

Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,716,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
There just isn't the business for enclosed malls there once was. People want store entrances directly off the parking lot, as you'll find at Rookwood and even Stone Creek Center just north of ailing Northgate. Yes, Kenwood Mall is thriving, but I'll bet research would show they're drawing their customers from a much larger geographic area than they were 20 years ago.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati