Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM

83 posts, read 311,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
^Yes, they were. Completely different sections of the mall, if I may add. Time Out was by (included) the Ferris Wheel and was in the big end of the mall near what is now the Danbarry Cinema. The beach was closer to the food court and right next to the amazing ball maze.
Looks like you just contradicted your other post. Why would they call it a beach amusement area if it had no water...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,121 times
^Because they had a giant sandbox in the mall, basically.

EDIT- I re-read my posts and I saw how it was confusing that I referred to it as "The Beach". Really, this was just a name, it really had no meaning except for referring to the sandpit. However, there is a waterpark in town called "The Beach", as well, just to add to the confusion.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:26 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
^Because they had a giant sandbox in the mall, basically.
That was after my heart surgery when I walked the mall every day when weather was bad.

They were constantly closing "The Beach" to disinfect the sand after some kid crapped or puked

Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
That was after my heart surgery when I walked the mall every day when weather was bad.

They were constantly closing "The Beach" to disinfect the sand after some kid crapped or puked
Ooh, now I understand so this was merely likely a storefront operation with a big sandpit in it and either filled with bacteria or chemicals.

Gross.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 PM

And beach chairs for the parents to watch their kids get sick

Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Forest Fair Mall, Cincinnati Mills, or whatever you want to call it is a sad and depressing place to go. My daughter and I went there to do some shopping this summer and, except for Kohl's, it was a ghost town. When is the last time you saw a dollar store in a mall or mall walkers outnumbering shoppers? It's really a shame.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:36 PM

After doing some research, I learned about the downfall of Auchan in Houston, a hypermarket that opened about the same times as bigg's in FFM (and in Auchan's case, it was a large and exciting store and a novelty) but by the time it closed (2003), it was run-down, dirty, and depressing. Was it the same case with bigg's here?

Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,121 times
Biggs, as a chain, is actually holding its own right now and is doing pretty well from what I've seen. There are other locations throughout the Cincy area, and I think it might (?) be connected to Supervalu.

The mall location, I believe, was actually in good shape, and despite the mall crashing, I was really suprised to see it go. I thought it had a real strong base.

Anyways, the weird thing is that you could still enter the mall through the former store for at least a year or so after it closed, and maybe you are still able to. The old shelves were still in place, too, which was really weird.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Biggs, as a chain, is actually holding its own right now and is doing pretty well from what I've seen. There are other locations throughout the Cincy area, and I think it might (?) be connected to Supervalu.
Biggs is owned by SuperValue. When the purchase occurred, prices went up

Old 09-26-2009, 08:11 AM

267 posts, read 722,476 times
biggs and guitar center is closed, most of the restaurants in the second level is closed
food court is still in the same place different name. i remember going to forest fair mall
only thing keeping it alive is bass pro shops, in 01 it was known as cincinnati mills
i still go there but no into the mall the arcade is gone the bars on the second floor is gone
only place stayed open after the bars closed was cheyenne maybe gone now
reason the other bars closed was some stupid teeanger went into one of the bars got drunk
his mom found out and demanded the bars closed, i forgot the story those bars were real close walk out of one and into another. maybe northgate should be in the dead mall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati