Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times

Advertisements

How is Queen City Square coming along? How much of the garage do they have knocked down. I wish I could just fly to the city to see all this.

Great updates too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
How is Queen City Square coming along? How much of the garage do they have knocked down. I wish I could just fly to the city to see all this.

Great updates too!
The garage is now about 3/4 down while all streets remain open. Not bad. It's turning into a giant hole.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
The garage is now about 3/4 down while all streets remain open. Not bad. It's turning into a giant hole.

And out of that will be the steel beams rising for QCS2. Can't wait for it.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM

74 posts, read 281,835 times
Did anybody see the original actual drawings of the banks. They looked perfect, with older "cincinnati" style architecture mixed with new modern touches. There were very rough sketches but looked so much better than the "suburbia shopping complex" it looks like they're trying to build. I agree we want people from the suburbs to come downtown, but building more suburbs in the heart of a city isn't a great way to do it.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw View Post
Did anybody see the original actual drawings of the banks. They looked perfect, with older "cincinnati" style architecture mixed with new modern touches. There were very rough sketches but looked so much better than the "suburbia shopping complex" it looks like they're trying to build. I agree we want people from the suburbs to come downtown, but building more suburbs in the heart of a city isn't a great way to do it.

I agree with you 100%. I am just hoping that they come out look different. That happens a lot with renderings.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,052 times
Why do I get the feeling if I were to post updates about the new development taking place in the suburbs - particularly West Chester, Liberty Township, and Mason - people would sneer at those updates?

I'm already detecting an "anti-suburb" sentiment in this thread, and I thought it was supposed to be open to development in the ENTIRE metro region, not just the urban core? Was I mistaken?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Why do I get the feeling if I were to post updates about the new development taking place in the suburbs - particularly West Chester, Liberty Township, and Mason - people would sneer at those updates?

I'm already detecting an "anti-suburb" sentiment in this thread, and I thought it was supposed to be open to development in the ENTIRE metro region, not just the urban core? Was I mistaken, Traveler87? Is that not a point of concern I brought up when you proposed starting this thread? The following was your response to me, which prompted me to embrace the idea: http://www.city-data.com/forum/4823219-post6.html

Well, like I said, anything between Cincinnati and Dayton including the suburbs. Please, post away on development news. I know about the new Ikea in West Chester just recently opened up.

Also, the comments above about the Banks is true, I dont want suburban style buildings on Cincinnati's central riverfront.

There are just a lot of urban "lovers" in this forum. And Cincinnati is a true gem of urban character.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw View Post
I know exactly what you're saying, but I know that the facade will change as tenants fill the spaces to suit their need(s). That's why I'm trying to hold back, as hard as it is.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post

I'm already detecting an "anti-suburb" sentiment in this thread, and I thought it was supposed to be open to development in the ENTIRE metro region, not just the urban core? Was I mistaken?
Please do!!!

What project are you thinking about posting?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:00 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Please do!!!

What project are you thinking about posting?
Any and all of them that are in the works. But that wasn't my point. When I read things like...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw
...better than the "suburbia shopping complex" it looks like they're trying to build...
...I detect an underlying attitude that there is something inferior about the architecture, or projects, proposed for construction (or already built) in the suburbs compared to what happens in the urban core. Perhaps I'm being oversensitive and missing something...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati