Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 09:41 AM

54 posts, read 70,239 times

Advertisements

I am contemplating moving from Columbus to Cincinnati and this a spur of the moment decision as I am having issues with where I live right now. I want to live somewhere ideally where I feel safe enough that I can walk by myself at night. I am a single woman. I have looked at an area around 300 Hillside Ave but I am not familiar with the area at all. Where are the safe areas in Cincinnati?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 09:13 PM

90 posts, read 118,239 times
Depends on if you are planning on renting or buying and what your budget is. I saw 300 Hillside Ave is in the Lockland area which is not that great of an area but you will quickly find out that Cincinnati crime really varies from street to street. I would look up crime statistics for the areas you are interested in.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:52 PM

4 posts, read 4,747 times
Moving to Cincinnati from Boca Raton Florida. Big move for work. I have no idea where to rent. Where to even start. I heard a few good places in the suburbs, as that is where I want to be; not the city. Hear Mariemont and area is nice? I would like to get a high rise apt or condo living? Any suggestions? Single Female, Computer professional. Love nightlife and nature, Lakes, boats, etc

Old 09-29-2019, 08:56 AM

90 posts, read 118,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywebdiva View Post
Moving to Cincinnati from Boca Raton Florida. Big move for work. I have no idea where to rent. Where to even start. I heard a few good places in the suburbs, as that is where I want to be; not the city. Hear Mariemont and area is nice? I would like to get a high rise apt or condo living? Any suggestions? Single Female, Computer professional. Love nightlife and nature, Lakes, boats, etc
I live only a mile from Mariemont and while it is nice, it really is a more quiet, family oriented inner ring suburb with zero high rise living. If you want high rise living I would look into Walnut Hills, downtown/OTR,Clifton,Hyde Park. Clifton/Walnut Hills would be the cheapest of them with Hyde Park coming in second. All three have nightlife with Downtown/OTR easily being the winner in this group. Cincinnati has some great parks with my favorite being Smale Riverfront Park.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:41 PM

64 posts, read 81,898 times
I know it has been a couple of months since the original post, but...

Walkable, safe neighborhoods would probably include:
Mariemont
Oakley
Hyde Park
Gaslight Clifton
Madeira

Montgomery is pretty suburb-y, but it does have a cute, walkable downtown area. Both Mariemont and Gaslight Clifton have great restaurants as well as great art house movie theaters, and Oakley has a multiplex and a metric ton of restaurants tucked away behind the shopping area on Madison Rd.

Madeira has a pretty involved chamber of commerce, so there are always street fairs and festivals going on year-round. I believe all of those neighborhoods have farmers markets as well.

I am not well versed on the west side of town, so my apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati