Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 04:54 AM

60 posts, read 103,354 times

Advertisements

My job will involves going to 2 sites one is at 1875 Connecticut Avenue Northwest half way between howard and georgetown. and the other will be at 2500 Benning Rd NE by anacostia park. It seems like finding an affordable home to will most likely be in PG county. Does any one have any advice regarding what parts of PG county are nice and need to be avoided? I dont see myself moving anywhere north or east of Bowie or east of kettering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 09:47 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Do a search in the forums on the subject. Plenty of threads mention safety in PG.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:59 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
A simple way of explaining it is to avoid most of the inside of the beltway. There are exceptions but given the criteria you just gave it won't be many. If you're looking for apartments, there are some gated apartments in landover that are near the metro. One is called cameron pointe and it's in the original price range you were looking for. Granted these are probably going to 1 or 2 bdr places it is still safe and in a commutable distance. Thr other place is right next to it and it is called ivy club. I used to live there and I found it to be okay but there's a little disorganization with the front office. It is also a little more expensive than cameron pointe. Do a google search for both if you're interested. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 PM

21 posts, read 94,600 times
Beltsville is a very nice, calm area-one of the very few nice areas in PG. College Park is a little more over populated but Laurel is nice too. Greenbelt is nice as well as Burtonsville.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84red View Post
Beltsville is a very nice, calm area-one of the very few nice areas in PG. College Park is a little more over populated but Laurel is nice too. Greenbelt is nice as well as Burtonsville.

Wait, College Park is overpopulated? lol What makes an area overpopulated? Last I checked there were houses for sale and apartments for rent. Plenty of new jobs that haven't been yet filled, etc. I'm sorry, I just don't see throngs of people walking up and down Rt. 1. I can always find a seat in a restaurant. I've never had to wait in line for gas. Never had to wait in line more then 5 minutes at the grocery store.

I caution people to check places out for themselves. People in this forum will set you up to make an ill-informed choice and you'll look up ten years later wishing you moved into a neighborhood they said was "overpopulated." Do your own research. There are tons of site out there with census stats and crime reports, etc.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:58 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84red View Post
Burtonsville is not in PG it's in MoCo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland