Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,568 times

Advertisements

Downtown Cincinnati is not a safe place. As a college student I've been exposed to robbings, rapings, murder, and muggings in the city. Growing up in Silerton I can say that some places in Cincinnati are safe, but to say that Neighborhoods like Price Hill, Northside, and Avondale aren't dangerous is stupid. I ask you to take a trip to any of these places at night, tell me how safe you feel.

I myself have been held at gunpoint and robbed multiple times.
Cincinnati has ways to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 01:31 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyBornNRaised View Post
Downtown Cincinnati
You're talking about my home, brother and yes ... it feels very safe!

Of course, both of our statements are completely subjective and hold no water at all ... It all depends on who you ask.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:46 PM

710 posts, read 3,047,036 times
Quote:
Downtown Cincinnati is not a safe place. As a college student I've been exposed to robbings, rapings, murder, and muggings in the city. Growing up in Silerton I can say that some places in Cincinnati are safe, but to say that Neighborhoods like Price Hill, Northside, and Avondale aren't dangerous is stupid. I ask you to take a trip to any of these places at night, tell me how safe you feel.

I myself have been held at gunpoint and robbed multiple times.
Cincinnati has ways to go.
It sounds like you need new friends.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:08 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
How is downtown Cincinnati not safe? Now I can say I am not a resident, but frequent visitor as I have friends in the area. Downtown Cincinnati is bustling, showing population growth, and billions in investment. This really would not be where it is today with so much crime as you state.

I feel very safe everytime I am in Cincinnati, just like many other major downtowns. There is a lot to do, AND A LOT HAPPENING.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:56 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
It sounds like you need new friends.
cincybornNraised, i think cincy rise used that illogic on me last week. one of the most ignorant things anybody could possibly say in that situation. no other way to put it.

i'm starting to believe you guys are one guy...working for 3cdc maybe? maybe a special asst to bill cunningham? who knows what narrow minded, self serving comments will flow in now .

Last edited by hillside; 04-09-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 04-09-2008, 11:23 AM

455 posts, read 1,885,017 times
I live at 4th and Plum and feel completely safe downtown walking around at night by myself. I just don't wander up past 9th or so after 12am. To be honest, Fountain Square and the area leading back to the western part of downtown is as safe as any of the outer areas some of you folks list as desirable. Not many things for homeless and desperate types to do since there are no late night carryouts/mini-marts in the area for them to loiter around.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 PM

40 posts, read 207,341 times
I don't think anyone has said you can walk down any street in the city at 2 AM and always feel completely safe. There are plenty that you can but definitely not all. This is all about degrees. There is crime, we know that, but relatively speaking it is not that bad. Certainly not to the point that the entire city can be characterized as dangerous.

I agree with your take Husker Du....also I was a little bummed out that Bob Mould is now being played on a TIAA-Cref commercial now by the way.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
I can say that some places in Cincinnati are safe, but to say that Neighborhoods like Price Hill, Northside, and Avondale aren't dangerous is stupid. I ask you to take a trip to any of these places at night, tell me how safe you feel.
I am in Northside a lot at night, and so are a lot of the friends I party with, none of us have ever had a problem. The Northside Tavern and The Comet are my two favorite bars in Cincinnati.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:33 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
^ Northside Tavern is one of my favorites too! I bet we've seen each other! I wonder what your facial expression is when reading that Northside is dangerous? lol ... Probably the same as mine when I hear about downtown being dangerous!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:46 PM

710 posts, read 3,047,036 times
northside is not dangerous; I think many people think: exposure to black people=danger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati