Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 AM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times

Advertisements

There's supposed to be a NYC sylt pizza place opening up in Harrison in new Kroger plaza. I'm unsure of whats it called, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:33 PM

26 posts, read 42,588 times
Toppers, opposite the UC law school. Take-out only.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 AM

74 posts, read 189,035 times
We'll be moving there (east side) next month, so I pla on reading this entire thread! I know we will miss out NY pizza. Would love to open up our own place!

PS- Does anyone know WHICH Dewey's location has the BMW meets once a month???

Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
IDK which Deweys does that, but my guess would be the Newport one. I've been there once and felt horrible after eating less than half of one pizza. Way too greasy for me. (it did taste good though)

Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
OK, Aponte's in Mason advertises themselves as a New Jersey Style pizza. I have read other laments on this forum saying they cannot find their New York Style pizza locally. So educate me, what are the differences between New York and New Jersey style pizza's?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:35 PM

74 posts, read 189,035 times
I found the Dewey's that has the BMW club meets, it's Dewey's Pizza @ Harper's Point, Cincinnati, OH

Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
OK, Aponte's in Mason advertises themselves as a New Jersey Style pizza. I have read other laments on this forum saying they cannot find their New York Style pizza locally. So educate me, what are the differences between New York and New Jersey style pizza's?
I am still awaiting a response to tell me the difference between New York and New Jersey style pizza. Is it the crust, the sauce or lack of it, what? Or do you just know it is not what you find here?

The only style I feel qualified to comment on is the Chicago Deep Dish. Years ago, when I could consume a lot more food at one sitting, I loved Jeno's East. But I will admit it was more like a meat pie than a pizza.

The absolute worst pizza I ever had was in Japan. The primary topping was tomato and it appeared to be sliced with a razor. They also said it contained sausage but I couldn't find any. The sauce came out orange, I am still trying to figure our how you make tomato sauce orange. And whatever that stuff on top was they called cheese, I have seen melted plastic look more appetizing.

Some of the most unique pizza I have encountered was in California, with a white sauce, diced crab, and I assume some diced whitefish. I found it really satisfying.

Perhaps someone needs to start a separate thread just describing different styles of pizza, what distinguishes them, and where to obtain them

Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Any opinions on Lucy Blue's pizza downtown near the Aronoff Center.

By the slice.

New York style.

Open til like 5 a.m. ... amazing

Enough said.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,427 times
Check out Italianette Pizza in Silverton. Great pizza.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Check out Italianette Pizza in Silverton. Great pizza.
Thanks to everyone who recommended Italianette. It's a bit of a drive but hubby and I thought it was well worth the trip! Pleasant ambience, competent service, reasonable prices, and pizza so loaded with toppings that after a couple breadsticks, I was able to eat only one slice of a large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati