Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 09:58 PM

450 posts, read 1,202,970 times

Advertisements

Sorry I have to agree with Run2live....this place does suck....most people who are orginally from here and don't like change like Cinti....most outsiders like myself don't like Cinti and it leaves a bad taste in our mouth.....Cinti does not have a nightlife, culture, and it is behind times.....let's be honest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 AM

3 posts, read 9,092 times
What neighborhoods are the people that talk about cincinnati from. I'm 21 and lived here my whole life. The neighborhoods out of towners need to stay away from are Bondhill, Avondale, Walnut Hills, Evanston, Most of downtown like OTR and the West End, Roselawn, Fay Apartments, Moosewood, Cumminville, Price Hill, them about it. My thoughts on cincy and I'm from the hood, it use to be a good place to live from what i understand, but my generation is killing and robbing people everyday out here. Crime is high especially the neighborhoods I mentioned. So I say to out of towners move somewhere like Amberly Village, Kenwood, Delhi.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:46 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,467 times
Most people have an image of Cincinnati from decades ago. You have to visit it today to see the change. It has one of the fastest growing job markets in the nation. The downtown is going under billions in new constrution. It amazes me how off some of you are on Cincinnati today. We are one of the fastest growing metros in the Midwest. Population growth speaks for itself. Cincinnati is a popular place to move to.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:18 PM

243 posts, read 887,220 times
Wink Don't move

I was born and raised in Cincy, I left when I was twenty and have lived in Albuquerque, NM for the past thirty-eight years. Every time I go back I have a bad experience. I can't stand Albuquerque and we are moving to Tennessee this summer. But, I really can't stand Cincinnati!!!! It really is the Pits of the Earth!!!!!!!! No amount of money or anything else could make me move back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosk View Post
I was born and raised in Cincy, I left when I was twenty and have lived in Albuquerque, NM for the past thirty-eight years. Every time I go back I have a bad experience. I can't stand Albuquerque and we are moving to Tennessee this summer. But, I really can't stand Cincinnati!!!! It really is the Pits of the Earth!!!!!!!! No amount of money or anything else could make me move back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rather live down south.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:59 PM

Ok its not in the pits. I think i would know considering the fact that i work for the city. Its in much better shape than most metros out there. Even more great news. Cincinnati is growing again. The city itself. All the new development is working. We went from 308,000 to 331,000. Along the riverfront new condos are being built, and with the Banks project more will keep coming. We are one of the fastest growing regions in the Midwest and NE, and we have one of the fastest growing job markets. Im sorry Cincinnati is not in the pits. Go to Detroit for that.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 PM

146 posts, read 789,256 times
Paintballer is right!

Old 11-06-2006, 03:36 PM

^ Thank you, Subway.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:04 PM

Cincinnati is in the pits, the parts that cincinnati police actually patrol. Mason is not part of cincinnati.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:32 PM

^ I work in Cincinnati, its not in the pits. Its going through a renissance. Obviously the population growth is saying something, Cincinnati is an attractive city to live in, and large corporations have their home offices right in downtown Cincinnati. Take Procter and Gamble for instance, right behind my office. Amazing office complex.

Just a little idea of what it looks like and what it is about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_and_gamble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati