Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2023, 08:10 AM

4,734 posts, read 1,279,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi the scriptures tell us that God is the Savior of all and this includes the vessels of destruction and wrath. All of creation is to be delivered and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God (vessels of mercy) in the end. As a Christian Universalist I believe that many will experience destruction, wrath, separation, loss, the severe judgments of God but the scriptures also tell us that all of creation is to delivered. God who is wise, just, love, and who has all power, knows exactly how to bring all to repentance in His own time. Wrath, destruction, judgments are all a part of this. God's judgments have a higher purpose.

Isaiah 26:9 At night my soul longs for You, Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently; For when the earth experiences Your judgments, The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

God bless.

Romans 8

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, [n]in hope** 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

** hope - elpis- expectation, confidence
God isnt the Saviour of the vessels of wrath whom He created for His wrath and destruction. God doesnt contradict His purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2023, 09:32 AM

Universalism is a false teaching, there is a people God wills their salvation and them coming into the knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:3-4

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

But yet there are some people whom God has been pleased to not save and hides the Truth from them Lk 10:21

21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

And if you notice Jesus rejoiced in Spirit regarding this solemn truth ! Those whom God actively hides truth from He has no intention in saving them. Those He loved and saves He reveals Truth to.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:35 AM

By God hiding the Truth from some men, it is evidence they had no place in the saving purposes of sending the Lord Jesus Christ, since that saving purpose bestows saving knowledge and Truth about God in Christ Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

True knowledge of God is provided for and given in the New Covenant Death Christ is the Mediator of Heb 8:6-12

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

But the reprobate again, God withholds/ hides this sacred knowledge from them, so they have no part in the Covenantal Death of Christ !

Old 01-05-2023, 11:03 AM

660 posts, read 266,454 times
MICAH 7:18-20 Who is a god like thee? Thou takest away guilt, thou passes over the sin of the remnant of thy own people, thou dost not let thy anger rage for ever but delightest in love that will not change. Once more thou wilt show us tender affection and wash out our guilt, casting all our sins into the depths of the sea.

All of our sins being thrown away means all sinners will be forgiven through Christ Jesus. All of our guilt, aka sins, are washed away and covered. This was always the plan as God is love and God does not change, love is always the same. The same love God has for the people of Israel is also the same love God has for the people of Earth, as we are all His creation made with love.

Old 01-05-2023, 11:07 AM

660 posts, read 266,454 times
Buddhism is false because it promotes work salvation. Buddhists believe that if you meditate enough (a good work) that eventually you will reach a state of Nirvana, which is peace. However, the only way to obtain peace is by having faith alone in Jesus Christ. That is the only way we can reach paradise, a place of permanent peace which is free from suffering. Jesus Christ is the only way to that peaceful paradise called Heaven, to the city of New Jerusalem where there will be a tree in the center with leaves for the healing of all nations. Meditation does not save you! Only Jesus Christ saves you!

EZEKIEL 18:23 Have I any desire, says the Lord God, for the death of a wicked man? Will I not rather that he should mend his ways and live? ( NEB )

A Buddhist came to me and told me about Buddhism with the law of karma. The term “karma” does not appear in the Bible. Biblically, there is the Law of Reaping and Sowing, which means if you plant bad seeds, you will harvest bad fruit. To put it simpler, if you do bad things, bad things will happen to you in return. That is why the wages of sin is death. Even if you have one sin, you will die. And we all have sin from Adam, the first human. Having good karma or avoiding bad karma doesn’t save you. Only faith alone in Jesus Christ saves you. That’s the only way your sins can be washed away. Because Christianity is all about removing that evil and making you’re body to be glorified, wrapped by the Holy Spirit, so it can be presentable to God, who is absolute holiness, pure perfection.

JEREMIAH 31:34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. (NIV)

You cannot get rid of sin by doing good works. You cannot get rid of sin by avoiding bad works. The only way to get rid of sin is by being washed by the holy blood of Jesus Christ, that is, simply believing in Jesus Christ so it’s counted on to you as righteousness.

JOEL 2:28, 3:21 And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people ... Their bloodguilt which I have not pardoned, I will pardon.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:20 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,881,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
MICAH 7:18-20 Who is a god like thee? Thou takest away guilt, thou passes over the sin of the remnant of thy own people, thou dost not let thy anger rage for ever but delightest in love that will not change. Once more thou wilt show us tender affection and wash out our guilt, casting all our sins into the depths of the sea.

All of our sins being thrown away means all sinners will be forgiven through Christ Jesus. All of our guilt, aka sins, are washed away and covered. This was always the plan as God is love and God does not change, love is always the same. The same love God has for the people of Israel is also the same love God has for the people of Earth, as we are all His creation made with love.
Yes, IF you trust in God, through Christ Jesus.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:27 PM

721 posts, read 230,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, IF you trust in God, through Christ Jesus.
What if they never heard?

Old 01-05-2023, 12:34 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,881,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
What if they never heard?
God has made Himself known, per Romans 1.

Old 01-05-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post

A remnant is part of the whole, Israel is part of the whole, the whole entire world isnt Israel but a remnant of the world.

Old 01-05-2023, 02:59 PM

14,960 posts, read 17,301,908 times
God does not contradict His own teaching. He does hide things for His purposes at times, yet this is not hidden.

Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.

God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

God loves all and He will have all, including vessels of wrath.

1 Timothy 4: 9 It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all mankind, especially of believers NASB

Genesis 12:3 --- All peoples on earth will be blessed through Abraham. Genesis 22:18 --- All nations on earth will be blessed through Abraham’s offspring. Psalms 22:27 --- All the ends of the earth and all the families of the nations will acknowledge God. Psalms 65:2 --- All men will come to God. Psalms 86:9 --- All nations will worship and glorify God. Psalms 103:8-9 --- Psalms 145:9-10 --- The Lord has compassion on all His creation and all He has made will praise Him. Psalms 145:13 --- The Lord loves all His creation. Psalms 145:14 --- The Lord upholds all who fall. Isaiah 25:6-8 --- God will prepare a feast for all people, He will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers up all nations. He will eliminate death, wipe away the tears from all faces and remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. Isaiah 45:22-23 --- God has sworn an oath that every knee will bow before Him and every tongue will swear by Him. Isaiah 49:6 --- God’s salvation will be brought to the ends of the earth. Isaiah 54:8 --- Although God will hide His face in a surge of anger, He will also have compassion with everlasting kindness. Isaiah 57:16-18 --- God’s anger is not permanent. Although He punishes man, He will heal, guide and restore comfort to him. Jeremiah 31:33-34 --- All men will know God, from the greatest to the least. Ezekiah 18:21 --- God does not any pleasure in the death of the wicked. Rather, He is pleased when they repent. Matthew 18:13 --- Like the man who owes a hundred sheep and is not willing to lose even one, God is not willing that any one be lost. Luke 2:10 --- The birth of Jesus is good news for all the people. Luke 3: 5, 6 --- John the Baptist quotes Isaiah’s words that all mankind will see God’s salvation. John 1:29 --- Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. John 3:35 --- God sent Jesus to save the world. John 4:42 --- God has committed all things to Christ. John 5:25 --- Even the dead will hear the sound of Christ and all who hear will live. John 6:37 --- Everything that God has given to Christ will come to him. John 12:32 --- When Jesus is lifted up from the earth, he will draw all men to himself. John 12:47 --- Jesus came to save the world. John 17:2 --- God granted Christ authority over all people so that Christ may give eternal (aionios) life to all that God has given him. Acts 3:20-21 --- Jesus must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything. Romans 3:3-4 --- The unbelief of some will not nullify God’s faithfulness. Romans 5:18 --- The act of obedience of one man (Jesus) will bring life for all men. Romans 8:19-21 --- Creation itself will be liberated and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. Romans 8:38-39 --- Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ. Romans 11:32 --- God made all people imprisoned by disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. 1 Corinthians 15:22-28 --- All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all his enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all. 2 Corinthians 5:15 --- Christ died for all. 2 Corinthians 5:19 --- Through Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself. Ephesians 1:11 --- God will bring all things under heaven and on earth under Christ. Ephesians 4:10 --- Christ ascended higher then all the heavens to fill the whole universe. Philippians. 2:9-11 --- Every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord (In 1 Corinthians 12:3, Paul writes that no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit) Colossians 1: 19-20 --- God was pleased to reconcile to Himself, all things on earth and in heaven through the blood of Christ. 1 Timothy 2:4-6 --- God wants/will have all men to be saved and to know the truth. Can God’s desire be thwarted? 1 Timothy 4:10 --- God is the Saviour of all men, especially (not exclusively) those who believe. Titus 2:11-12 --- God’s grace, which brings salvation has appeared to all men. Hebrews 2:9 --- Jesus tasted death for everyone. 1 John 2:2 --- Christ is the atoning sacrifice of the sins of the whole world. 1 John 3:8 --- Christ appeared to destroy the devil’s works. The doctrine of eternal damnation denies the victory of Christ! 1 John 4:14 --- Christ is the Saviour of the world. Revelations 5:13 --- Every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth, and on the sea will sing praises to him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb (Christ). Revelations 21:4-5 --- God will dwell with men and he will wipe every tear from their eyes, death, mourning, crying, pain and the old order of things will pass and everything will be made new. The scriptural evidence is overwhelming.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-05-2023 at 03:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity