Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 07:23 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times

Advertisements

God knows your voice regardless if you call him by a name others don’t think is exactly correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 07:32 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefortruth View Post
It is important to know God’s name because “All those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

His name is not Jesus or Yahweh or Jehovah.
What a bunch of hogwash. Who are you to decide what God hears? You’re drowning in your own perceived knowledge. You think you know but you do not. God knows the voice of his sheep and they follow him.

John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”

Old 04-13-2024, 08:38 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefortruth View Post
Why are you even on this forum?

At least most Christian’s believe what Jesus said.

Your proof of God is in a Mystic trans. Why would anyone believe that?

Jesus believed in the prophets.

I believe in the prophets and Jesus.

You believe in what your mind created under a trans. Sad.

“I shall purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him, with one accord.” Thus saith the Lord.
i am a Christian because the consciousness of God I encountered EXACTLY matches the "mind of Christ" as He revealed and demonstrated on the Cross. I have no doubt that Jesus represents God incarnated and embodied in human form. His death and rebirth as Spirit made His Holy Spirit available to us all forever to guide us to the Truth God has "Written in our hearts" with agape love. If you aren't living with agape love in your heart, it won't matter what name you think God wants you to use, IMO.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:43 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
i am a Christian because the consciousness of God I encountered EXACTLY matches the "mind of Christ" as He revealed and demonstrated on the Cross. I have no doubt that Jesus represents God incarnated and embodied in human form. His death and rebirth as Spirit made His Holy Spirit available to us all forever to guide us to the Truth God has "Written in our hearts" with agape love. If you aren't living with agape love in your heart, it won't matter what name you think God wants you to use, IMO.
Are you sure that you're NOT Jesus, Mystic?

Old 04-13-2024, 09:06 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Are you sure that you're NOT Jesus, Mystic?
Quite sure! I could never make THAT mistake, believe me!! But I am trying to emulate His Holy Spirit of agape love (however imperfectly). It is not easy in this world.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:32 PM

71 posts, read 12,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
What a bunch of hogwash. Who are you to decide what God hears? You’re drowning in your own perceived knowledge. You think you know but you do not. God knows the voice of his sheep and they follow him.

John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”
How does the Father know the son?

“I know my sheep and my sheep know me, the same way the Father knows me and I know the Father.”

By the way I don’t decide on what God hears that was scripture.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:
God knows your voice regardless if you call him by a name others don’t think is exactly correct.
yes a 100% correct as long as when someone call the God he think of him as the one who created the universe
and the one who have fashioned Adam and breathed into him of his spirit
and created him without father and without mother
and the one the who breathed into Mary from his spirit as he breathed into Adam to create Jesus from a mother withou a father

Old 04-15-2024, 10:34 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Quote:
Well said.

This whole thing seems like a lot of legalistic silliness, the kind of thinking that puts the law ahead of what's in your heart.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:16 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Jesus did stress that his God's name should be hallowed ( ......hallowed be thy name..... )
How can a name be hallowed. held as sacred, sanctified if it is not used __________
The Bible's Tetragrammaton YHWH stands for God name.
The King James uses the acceptable English translation of God's name YHWH at Psalm 83:18 B.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:23 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Well said.
This whole thing seems like a lot of legalistic silliness, the kind of thinking that puts the law ahead of what's in your heart.
As Jeremiah 10:23; 17:9 informs that one's imperfect heart can be treacherous, so it is like having a traitor within us.
After the imperfect heart tells us what to do, then often after we have done it then the heart gives all the reasons why we should have Not done what we did in the first place.

In Scripture the law that we should put ahead of heart is the 'Law of Christ' - Galatians 6:2
The Law of Christ is found at John 13:34-35; John 15:12; 1st John 4:21
We should have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self. More than the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity