Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 06:50 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You know, I just don't think God is troubled by such tedious legalisms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 09:32 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
His name is no secret. It is in the Bible about 7000 times.
It is a secret. That is why Jesus reveals His name to those who continue in His word.

People think they know His name but, no.

"They shall call upon my name and I shall hear them. They shall say "the Lord is my God" and I shall say, "they are my people." says the Lord

"No one knows the Son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the Son and to whomever the Son will reveal Him".

Old 04-01-2018, 10:28 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It is a secret. That is why Jesus reveals His name to those who continue in His word.
How many different sock puppet screen names have you gone through by now sneaking back on the forum, Peacegiver?

Old 04-02-2018, 06:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How many different sock puppet screen names have you gone through by now sneaking back on the forum, Peacegiver?

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

There's a few more screen names to come yet

Old 04-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

That's not a name. It's a title.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9

5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

Old 04-03-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9

5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
It is not as it seems. It is a play on words just as Jesus made statements with a play on words. Scripture uses these tactics to keep sinners from seeing the kingdom of God.

When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just he shall live.

The living do what is right and the righteous act in truth.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It is not as it seems. It is a play on words just as Jesus made statements with a play on words. Scripture uses these tactics to keep sinners from seeing the kingdom of God.

When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just he shall live.

The living do what is right and the righteous act in truth.
I think I know what my own bible says...In Hebrew...

Old 02-23-2019, 06:27 AM

3 posts, read 1,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
A couple a months ago I found out the true names of the most high, and that I've been calling on the wrong names for so long. With my new found knowledge I told these names to my family, but they didn't really care. When I told them that we've been calling on false gods, they replied with the ever so famous
"GOD KNOWS MY HEART". So are they wrong for calling on pagan names.

Here are the names

IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses.

YASHAYA, which means my savior.

Most of us know Jesus isn't Christ's real name, nor YAHWEH(YHWH),Jehovah,Yah,JahEl Shaddai,Yeshua, and etc. Since The Most High isn't the Author of confusion I can only assume he only had one name for us to call on. So are they wrong for proclaiming pagan names, when they know its not his true name?

“THE SACRED NAME” So what did God The Father say to Moses in 1446 B.C.? In Exodus 3:14 He said “EHJEH ASHER EHJEH.” THUS SHALL YOU SAY TO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL: “EHJEH ASHER EHJEH.” “I JE.” JESUS HAS SENT ME TO YOU.” (I am Jesus-by rule the h is silent so it's pronounced JEE) “The beginning, The self-existing, The eternal JE. I am JE, The Alpha & The Omega, The Beginning and The End, The Eternal, JE with us, God with us.” He spoke the same way in Exodus 6:3 “EHJEH ASHER EHJEH.” In the uncorrupted Hebrew Old Testament, God The Father was known as JE, I JE, JEH, EHJEH ASHER EHJEH. In early and modern versions of The New Testament, God The Father was known as JE, JESE, JEUE, JESUE, and of course Jesus or “JESUS.” In Modern Greek is: Ιησούς Χριστός (Jesus Christ). The book of Moses 7:11 And The LORD God gave unto Enoch a commandment that he should baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, which is full of grace and truth, and of the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of the Father and the Son. 35 Behold, I am God; Man of Holiness is My name; Man of Counsel is My name; and Endless and Eternal is My name, also.The Divine name does not change throughout languages, throughout the ages.
(no YAHWEY)

Old 02-23-2019, 08:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
A couple a months ago I found out the true names of the most high, and that I've been calling on the wrong names for so long. With my new found knowledge I told these names to my family, but they didn't really care. When I told them that we've been calling on false gods, they replied with the ever so famous
"GOD KNOWS MY HEART". So are they wrong for calling on pagan names.

Here are the names

IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses.

YASHAYA, which means my savior.

Most of us know Jesus isn't Christ's real name, nor YAHWEH(YHWH),Jehovah,Yah,JahEl Shaddai,Yeshua, and etc. Since The Most High isn't the Author of confusion I can only assume he only had one name for us to call on. So are they wrong for proclaiming pagan names, when they know its not his true name?
but he speaks all languages and He isn't ever going to be confused.
NO He gave us his many many names and these his attributes which are associated and proved out by his deeds for men.... because he is never going to be confused if you are really speaking to him in your prayers..

OK so Jesus has an ancient clan on his mother's side and in his clan, the people have many names according to their deeds..
thus I have a grandpa who in their lives had like 20 names.. and by their names, you knew who and what he had just accomplished..
warriors do that and it is Good a thing to have many names and many deeds. no one is ever confused about just who "Old ****" was.. or who "Turtle at Home" , Shoeboots was and many many more names known by Indians and whites by and had many more names.
These were just his names in different ages and with different circumstances in his life.
Jesus says in REV that he will give everyone a new name and He will have a new name and some He will give names only he and the person knows and he will also name himself a name only he knows.. and he will write His City's name on you and the Father cities name on you too..

the more names you have in that ancient culture the better you are .. and More you have done valiantly and the more deeds you have accomplished and finished well or not so well doesn' tmatter.. it is
As important that you tried it!
and as if right now I have at least 3, but I think or even more names.. I know I am doing alright if the ancient paths is what he is following and I know it is.

Jer 18:15

Because my people hath forgotten me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up;

I think he walks in the ancient paths.. and by his ancient clan, So King David's son has many deeds and thus will have many names!
so don't worry.. He won't ever be confused if you are talking to him..
I think we all must be more worried about if we are some of the ones who use his name, but aren't really talking to him..
I still doubt he gets confused .. But maybe they just never did what he asked of them. so he knows they weren't really listening to him or did the know the/ his word. because to a large extent the word is part of his conversations.. and if you don't know him in his word then the/His words won't trigger a reaction from you..
so the people maybe wanted him to hear them but they never heard him speaking or knocking ... they must have never responded to him when he talked to them .. because obedience is better than all those sacrifices that we all make " for him", but that aren't really for him.
so don't worry about names he likes lots of them.. the more the better.. I have given him a few new ones too, some real whoppers .... so don't worry so much about his names, He loves them!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-23-2019 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity