Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 05:43 AM

16,676 posts, read 15,676,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
There are two (2) LORD/Lords mentioned at Psalm 110 ( King James Version )
One LORD in ALL Upper-Case letters stand for LORD God YHWH
The other Lord, in some lower-case letters stands for Lord Jesus.
Isaiah refers to Jesus as Mighty God but Not as Almighty God.
Both God and Lord are titles and Not proper names.
Jesus never claimed to be YHWH or as above Most Yahuah.
The Tetragrammaton YHWH only applies to God, and Not Lord Jesus.
Jesus believed his God is Creator - Revelation 4:11
The resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Revelation 3:12
How the translators of the KJV chose to write "Lord" or "LORD" is irrelevant. There are no upper or lower cases in the Hebrew that was the original language the OT books.

You an keep repeating this after being correctly, but it is still just as meaningless as it was the last time you posted it.

Old 04-06-2024, 06:38 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
How the translators of the KJV chose to write "Lord" or "LORD" is irrelevant. There are no upper or lower cases in the Hebrew that was the original language the OT books.

You an keep repeating this after being correctly, but it is still just as meaningless as it was the last time you posted it.
the word lord can mean the god or something else
it depends on the statement that it is in it

for examples

money is my lord

Mr Jim is my lord

the Lord of the Worlds.

And when Musa came at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said: My Lord! show me (Thyself), so that I may look upon Thee. He said: You cannot (bear to) see Me but look at the mountain, if it remains firm in its place, then will you see Me; but when his Lord manifested His glory to the mountain He made it crumble and Musa fell down in a swoon; then when he recovered, he said: Glory be to Thee, I turn to Thee, and I am the first of the believers.

Say: Who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth?-- Say: Allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 10:33 PM

72 posts, read 12,589 times
It is important to know God’s name because “All those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

His name is not Jesus or Yahweh or Jehovah.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:42 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefortruth View Post
It is important to know God’s name because “All those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

His name is not Jesus or Yahweh or Jehovah.
his name is Allah but he can be called as
my Creator
my god
my lord

for more knowledge please see https://www.city-data.com/forum/66074493-post4.html

Old 04-07-2024, 06:03 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
It is important to know God’s name because “All those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” His name is not Jesus or Yahweh or Jehovah.
In the King James at Psalm 83:18 I find the accepted English pronunciation for God's name from the Tetragrammaton letters YHWH

Both Lord and God are titles and Not God's name to be hallowed, held as sacred, sanctified as Jesus said. - www.jw.org

Old 04-07-2024, 06:09 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
How the translators of the KJV chose to write "Lord" or "LORD" is irrelevant. There are no upper or lower cases in the Hebrew that was the original language the OT books.................
Yes, what the King James did is irrelevant but those translators were showing a distinction between the two (2) different LORD/Lord's mentioned at Psalm 110.

Do modern translators do that ? There is No need if any do that, because more is uncovered about the Tetragrammaton letters YHWH ( or if you prefer yhwh ) then in King James' day.

Old 04-08-2024, 03:03 AM

16,676 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Yes, what the King James did is irrelevant but those translators were showing a distinction between the two (2) different LORD/Lord's mentioned at Psalm 110.

Do modern translators do that ? There is No need if any do that, because more is uncovered about the Tetragrammaton letters YHWH ( or if you prefer yhwh ) then in King James' day.
So, after you have been corrected more than once about the capital letter thing, why did you bring up that nonsense about the difference between LORD and Lord? Again. With no distinction in the original language, LORD and Lord mean exactly the same thing. Is that something the Watchtower teaches?

Old 04-08-2024, 10:33 AM

1,000 posts, read 787,480 times
1. The Father’s Name
1:1.1 (22.4) Of all the names by which God the Father is known throughout the universes, those which designate him as the First Source and the Universe Center are most often encountered. The First Father is known by various names in different universes and in different sectors of the same universe. The names which the creature assigns to the Creator are much dependent on the creature’s concept of the Creator. The First Source and Universe Center has never revealed himself by name, only by nature. If we believe that we are the children of this Creator, it is only natural that we should eventually call him Father. But this is the name of our own choosing, and it grows out of the recognition of our personal relationship with the First Source and Center.

1:1.4 (23.1) Near the center of the universe of universes, the Universal Father is generally known by names which may be regarded as meaning the First Source. Farther out in the universes of space, the terms employed to designate the Universal Father more often mean the Universal Center. Still farther out in the starry creation, he is known, as on the headquarters world of your local universe, as the First Creative Source and Divine Center. In one near-by constellation God is called the Father of Universes. In another, the Infinite Upholder, and to the east, the Divine Controller. He has also been designated the Father of Lights, the Gift of Life, and the All-powerful One.

1:1.5 (23.2) On those worlds where a Paradise Son has lived a bestowal life (Jesus), God is generally known by some name indicative of personal relationship, tender affection, and fatherly devotion. On your constellation headquarters God is referred to as the Universal Father, and on different planets in your local system of inhabited worlds he is variously known as the Father of Fathers, the Paradise Father, the Havona Father, and the Spirit Father. Those who know God through the revelations of the bestowals of the Paradise Sons, eventually yield to the sentimental appeal of the touching relationship of the creature-Creator association and refer to God as “our Father.”

1:1.6 (23.3) On a planet of sex creatures, in a world where the impulses of parental emotion are inherent in the hearts of its intelligent beings, the term Father becomes a very expressive and appropriate name for the eternal God. He is best known, most universally acknowledged, on your planet, Urantia, by the name God. The name he is given is of little importance; the significant thing is that you should know him and aspire to be like him. Your prophets of old truly called him “the everlasting God” and referred to him as the one who “inhabits eternity.”
https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...iversal-father

Old 04-08-2024, 07:43 PM

72 posts, read 12,589 times
Quote:
In the King James at Psalm 83:18 I find the accepted English pronunciation for God's name from the Tetragrammaton letters YHWH

Both Lord and God are titles and Not God's name to be hallowed, held as sacred, sanctified as Jesus said. - www.jw.org
No. God’s name was misunderstood by those who heard it back in the day. You can find His divine name by serving Him and spreading His word.

“The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

“The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.”

Old 04-08-2024, 07:50 PM

33,238 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
No. God’s name was misunderstood by those who heard it back in the day. You can find His divine name by serving Him and spreading His word.

“The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

“The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.”
Well, since you claim to know God's divine name why don't you let everyone in on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity