Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,311,322 times

Advertisements

Anyone else notice how frightening he looked at this year's NY's Eve countdown? I could tell immediately that it was mostly the makeup. The base shade was too dark (bronzer?), and the dark contouring was way too much.

I noticed the same with Jenny McCarthy's makeup, too, so it was obviously the same makeup "artist". Personally, I think the so-called artist should be fired from doing film makeup again.

Man, that was bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,148,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Anyone else notice how frightening he looked at this year's NY's Eve countdown? I could tell immediately that it was mostly the makeup. The base shade was too dark (bronzer?), and the dark contouring was way too much.

I noticed the same with Jenny McCarthy's makeup, too, so it was obviously the same makeup "artist". Personally, I think the so-called artist should be fired from doing film makeup again.

Man, that was bad!
I noticed he was very dark, But God bless him. It was so good to see him up there again! May he have many more New years eve's on TV.

We love you man!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,554,752 times
Who cares? He's one of the few icons we have left. It was good to see him.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,361,273 times
I think he owns and produces the New years countdown...

Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 PM

652 posts, read 1,053,615 times
Jenny specializes in bad makeup...I think how her makeup was done was her preference..not the fault of the makeup artist.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,667,624 times
I think Dick Clark needs to not do the news year thing anymore.
He is not well, and i find him depressing now. I think it is time for new blood now.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,554,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think Dick Clark needs to not do the news year thing anymore.
He is not well, and i find him depressing now. I think it is time for new blood now.

He's not depressed on the show.....so why are you?

Is he desposable now because he had a stroke?? I really tire of this culture's obssession with outward looks!

He made me feel good simply for the fact that he didn't quit! That in spite of his issue, he was positive!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:05 PM

105 posts, read 188,246 times
I admire Dick Clark for being willing to get up there and let the world see what a massive stroke looks like. I respect that he tried his best to show that life goes on.

As for Jenny McCarthy...I think she was going for that Marilyn Monroe look all of them are trying to copy right now. None of them will ever get it right. There was only one Marilyn and only one Elvis. The closest I ever saw anyone get to achieving Marilyn's allure was Anna Nicole Smith when she was young, sober and beautiful.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM

21,560 posts, read 8,739,775 times
I grew up with American Bandstand and admire Dick Clark for his courage. I was pleased that he got through the countdown this year without screwing up. I don't wish to seem insensitive to people with disabilities. However, I have a disability myself, a slight hearing impairment. Because of this I found it almost impossible to understand what Clark was saying. Television is about communication, and if he can no longer communicate effectively with his viewers, maybe he ought to think about retiring -- or at least provide open captioning during his segments.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:44 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,311,322 times
Well, my post wasn't directed to his stroke ~ I would have had the same observation if he hadn't had the stroke. I was grossed out by the thick, dark overdone base and even darker contours all over his face, and it certainly didn't add dignity to his appearance.

And I don't know where the another poster sees how Jenny McCarthy tries to emulate Marilyn's look. Her foundation was dark, as opposed to Marilyn's creamy white look (never saw a single photo of her in a tan at all), and her eye makeup was real dark, which is NOT what Marilyn wore, ever. I compare Jenny's cosmetic look much more to Pamela Anderson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities