Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2022, 06:08 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

We waited a long time for our first championship in 2017. Nice to get the second one! Go Astros!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2022, 07:32 AM

2,045 posts, read 785,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Overall, in Dusty's career, it's his fourth, as he had three as a player. That ain't bad, my friend. But with over 2,000 managerial wins over three decades, his time had come.
Three WS rings as a player?

He won one as a player with the 1981 Dodgers. It was a bobo ring, but a ring nonetheless.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:37 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Jeremy Pena is a beast. The Astros aren't missing, hmmm, who was that guy Pena replaced again? I don't recall his name Perfect timing for Jordan to get his mojo back and Kyle Tucker's catch at the end was a beautiful sight to behold. I wasn't sure he would pull it off. An honorable mention goes to Trey Mancini as well. He did an admirable job filling Yuli Gurriel's shoes. I am curious about Jake Meyer though. Whatever happened to him? He had shoulder surgery after making that catch similar to the one Chaz did in game 5 and only played in a couple of games afterward. Did he reinjure himself? I saw him in the dugout last night, so he wasn't traded.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:02 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Jeremy Pena is a beast. The Astros aren't missing, hmmm, who was that guy Pena replaced again? I don't recall his name Perfect timing for Jordan to get his mojo back and Kyle Tucker's catch at the end was a beautiful sight to behold. I wasn't sure he would pull it off. An honorable mention goes to Trey Mancini as well. He did an admirable job filling Yuli Gurriel's shoes. I am curious about Jake Meyers though. Whatever happened to him? He had shoulder surgery after making that catch similar to the one Chaz did in game 5 and only played in a couple of games afterward. Did he reinjure himself? I saw him in the dugout last night, so he wasn't traded.
I think Jake Meyers was the odd man out when they set the rosters for the LCS and the World Series, so that's why we never saw him. He's not injured or anything; the Astros just had to finalize with a limited number of players. He'll be back for Spring Training with a chance to get on the roster for next season.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:49 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
I just found a Sporting News story posted about one hour ago (so about 1245pm CST) about what is coming up and the story stated that the parade route for tommorrow hasn't been announced yet.

I then checked on the Astros site, and nothing there yet either (nothing I could find).

Old 11-06-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Jeremy Pena is a beast. The Astros aren't missing, hmmm, who was that guy Pena replaced again? I don't recall his name
Carlos Correa got his ring AND his money. I don't blame Houston for not signing him.

I think he's overrated and his best years are behind him. Also seems to miss a lot of games.

Old 11-06-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Carlos Correa got his ring AND his money. I don't blame Houston for not signing him.

I think he's overrated and his best years are behind him. Also seems to miss a lot of games.
He got injured too much and often missed playing time. For whatever amount of money offered, it wouldn't have been worth it with a lengthy IL appearance or the possible risk of underperforming.

Old 11-06-2022, 04:48 PM

Dusty isn't ruling out coming back to do this one more time this next year. I personally think he should retire while he's on top, and he actually had once said that in an interview. You don't see every player or manager leave a baseball career on a high note every day. He and Jim Crane are to meet later on this week to discuss his future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Three WS rings as a player?

He won one as a player with the 1981 Dodgers. It was a bobo ring, but a ring nonetheless.
My error. Sorry. One ring as a player but did have three WS appearances overall and had lost two of them. You are correct.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

My error. Sorry. One ring as a player but did have three WS appearances overall and had lost two of them. You are correct.
I hate to see the Dodgers get too much credit. lol

Old 11-06-2022, 05:54 PM

So now, the Astros must look at this offseason. Where will they go now? Will we see new players coming in (prospects or free agents from elsewhere)? As of now, they have six declared free agents (Vazquez, Castro, Brantley, A. Diaz, Gurriel, and Montero).

https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/s...-mlb-offseason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball