Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 08:30 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,438,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
You failed to comprehend what I just wrote. Learn ENGLISH then learn to comprehend then come back.

To those of you that seriously think Pakistan is a dangerous place - this message goes to each and every single one of you. Read every word below.

#1. PAKISTAN is not AFGHANISTAN or IRAQ. Pak is the 5th most populous country in the world and has one of the best air forces in the world. PAK also has a arch-rival 5 times its size. Over 60 languages are spoken throughout Pakistan. Stop treating as if its some Afghanistan or Iraq. Pakistan will always be unique.

#2. PAKISTAN has fared extremely well against COVID compared to neighboring India. Some statistics are from this week alone. Just 2 days ago, there were over 6000 deaths in India from COVID, compared to a mere 57 in PAKISTAN.

#3. PAKISTAN was named as the #1 tourist location in the world last year by a leading American travel magazine. https://eurasiantimes.com/pakistan-r...avel-magazine/ Had PAKISTAN been so dangerous, it would never have made it.

In conclusion, after reading the responses in this thread -- PAKISTAN may be the most MISUNDERSTOOD country by North Americans. Only time will tell though.

Long Live PAKISTAN.
I think the word you are looking for is "Zindabad". Going to cricket matches in Australia, that's all the Pakistani fans would be screaming all game long. Neither here nor there though.

You say Pakistan is not Afghanistan...perhaps not, but let's just say Pakistan is the mother of the mess that is Afhganistan. Brief history lesson. The Pakistan ISS, (their version of the CIA) essentially created the Taliban, gave them their ideology, trained them in military tactics, armed them, and then turned them loose on Afghanistan, which up until that point was a complete non factor in terrorism or anything else. Fast forward to the end result; 9-11, Osama and all the rest of it. Trying to now say that Pakistan is different is complete bs. This is what came out of Pakistani minds.

Honestly though, the painful truth that Pakistanis dont want to consider is that the key to unlocking not only its tourism potential, but just overall economic revival lies with reconciling with India. That would be the number one source of trade and tourism. Imagine Canada trying to develop its tourism and economy while completely ignoring the U.S. that is right next door and would provide a ready market. It would make zero sense. Also imagine that in addition to not doing business with the US, Canada instead had gone to war against us, and spent most of it's resources on the military in anticipation of the next war. This is basically what Pakistan is forced to do. India is a booming economy, it would benefit Pakistan to be on good terms.

Someone said Pakistanis were often mistaken for Indians. Well they WERE the same country up until 1947. Pakistanis and Indians share very similar culture barring religion. Their two languages Urdu and Hindi are basically the same language, just written using different scripts. They share similar foods, sports and culture. The ironic thing is that even though their governments dont get along, on the personal street every day level, Pakistanis and Indians tend to get along fabulously well, in every country I've seen them in, England, Australia and the US.

Unfortunately, the religious factor has ruined things for Pakistan. That and politics means that the two will probably never be on good terms. Which means Pakistan is going to continue to be "under rated" for a very long time. Which is a shame. I've met many Pakistanis over the years and in my admittedly anecdotal experience it's true about their hospitality. They tend to be VERY friendly and welcoming, probably more so than Indians honestly. They elected their most popular athlete Imran Khan as their Prime Minister. Here's to hoping he can steer Pakistan out of the crappy situation it currently finds itself in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 08:55 PM

295 posts, read 355,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I think the word you are looking for is "Zindabad". Going to cricket matches in Australia, that's all the Pakistani fans would be screaming all game long. Neither here nor there though.

You say Pakistan is not Afghanistan...perhaps not, but let's just say Pakistan is the mother of the mess that is Afhganistan. Brief history lesson. The Pakistan ISS, (their version of the CIA) essentially created the Taliban, gave them their ideology, trained them in military tactics, armed them, and then turned them loose on Afghanistan, which up until that point was a complete non factor in terrorism or anything else. Fast forward to the end result; 9-11, Osama and all the rest of it. Trying to now say that Pakistan is different is complete bs. This is what came out of Pakistani minds.

Honestly though, the painful truth that Pakistanis dont want to consider is that the key to unlocking not only its tourism potential, but just overall economic revival lies with reconciling with India. That would be the number one source of trade and tourism. Imagine Canada trying to develop its tourism and economy while completely ignoring the U.S. that is right next door and would provide a ready market. It would make zero sense. Also imagine that in addition to not doing business with the US, Canada instead had gone to war against us, and spent most of it's resources on the military in anticipation of the next war. This is basically what Pakistan is forced to do. India is a booming economy, it would benefit Pakistan to be on good terms.

Someone said Pakistanis were often mistaken for Indians. Well they WERE the same country up until 1947. Pakistanis and Indians share very similar culture barring religion. Their two languages Urdu and Hindi are basically the same language, just written using different scripts. They share similar foods, sports and culture. The ironic thing is that even though their governments dont get along, on the personal street every day level, Pakistanis and Indians tend to get along fabulously well, in every country I've seen them in, England, Australia and the US.

Unfortunately, the religious factor has ruined things for Pakistan. That and politics means that the two will probably never be on good terms. Which means Pakistan is going to continue to be "under rated" for a very long time. Which is a shame. I've met many Pakistanis over the years and in my admittedly anecdotal experience it's true about their hospitality. They tend to be VERY friendly and welcoming, probably more so than Indians honestly. They elected their most popular athlete Imran Khan as their Prime Minister. Here's to hoping he can steer Pakistan out of the crappy situation it currently finds itself in.
I couldn't disagree with you more on the first point you've listed here. Do not post misleading statements like Pakistan is responsible for the new Afghanistan civil war. Go ahead and read below:

#1. That's like me saying Somalia is responsible for the mess in Iraq. PAK gave refuge to millions of Afghan refugees, and instead of being thankful they put all the blame on PAK for instability in Afghanistan. Historically, there has never been peace in Afghanistan. AFGHANISTAN is responsible for the mess in AFGHANISTAN. Afghanistan = hillbillies of the greater Middle East. Period.

#2. Also, Pakistan and India are completely different. Not similar at all. 2% of India consists of Punjabis (which is a mere number), and the Sikh Punjabis want Khalistan. Only the Indian Punjabis are similar to Pakistan. But the Indian Punjabis actually don't even consider themselves Indian, they consider themselves as Khalistani. So again, that's another false statement that Pak and India are similar. The average Pakistani and the average indian are nothing alike.

#3. Urdu and Hindi are two completely different languages. Urdu is actually a mix of Persian/Arabic/Turkish whereas Hindi is nothing like that.

For example, the Urdu word Shukria means thank you in Urdu Shukria comes from the Turkish word Şükrü.

I hope this clears any misunderstandings you may have had. And I agree nothing beats Pakistani hospitality. You should visit Pakistan one day.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:28 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,438,748 times
Quote:
I couldn't disagree with you more on the first point you've listed here. Do not post misleading statements like Pakistan is responsible for the new Afghanistan civil war. Go ahead and read below:

#1. That's like me saying Somalia is responsible for the mess in Iraq. PAK gave refuge to millions of Afghan refugees, and instead of being thankful they put all the blame on PAK for instability in Afghanistan. Historically, there has never been peace in Afghanistan. AFGHANISTAN is responsible for the mess in AFGHANISTAN. Afghanistan = hillbillies of the greater Middle East. Period.

#2. Also, Pakistan and India are completely different. Not similar at all. 2% of India consists of Punjabis (which is a mere number), and the Sikh Punjabis want Khalistan. Only the Indian Punjabis are similar to Pakistan. But the Indian Punjabis actually don't even consider themselves Indian, they consider themselves as Khalistani. So again, that's another false statement that Pak and India are similar. The average Pakistani and the average indian are nothing alike.

#3. Urdu and Hindi are two completely different languages. Urdu is actually a mix of Persian/Arabic/Turkish whereas Hindi is nothing like that.

For example, the Urdu word Shukria means thank you in Urdu Shukria comes from the Turkish word Şükrü.

I hope this clears any misunderstandings you may have had. And I agree nothing beats Pakistani hospitality. You should visit Pakistan one day.
This is not something that is debatable about the role Pakistan played in the creation of the Taliban. Without Pakistan's help, there is no Taliban. Period. Why do you think the U.S. began to put VERY heavy pressure on Pakistan when they were looking for Bin Laden? And why was Bin Laden found living in Pakistan??? The world's most wanted terrorist and the Pakistani government had NO IDEA that he was living there? Please just stop with that.

Yes, you are correct on ALL Indians not being like Pakistanis. But you do have more in common with each other than pretty much any one else. I know for a fact that Hindi and Urdu are mutually intelligible. I've witnessed many a time Pakistanis and Indians conversing with each other with zero difficulty. So perhaps they are just different dialects with the same common ancestor then.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:39 PM

295 posts, read 355,295 times
Quote:
This is not something that is debatable about the role Pakistan played in the creation of the Taliban. Without Pakistan's help, there is no Taliban. Period. Why do you think the U.S. began to put VERY heavy pressure on Pakistan when they were looking for Bin Laden? And why was Bin Laden found living in Pakistan??? The world's most wanted terrorist and the Pakistani government had NO IDEA that he was living there? Please just stop with that.

Yes, you are correct on ALL Indians not being like Pakistanis. But you do have more in common with each other than pretty much any one else. I know for a fact that Hindi and Urdu are mutually intelligible. I've witnessed many a time Pakistanis and Indians conversing with each other with zero difficulty. So perhaps they are just different dialects with the same common ancestor then.
This is absolutely not something debatable. We both agree that every country is responsible for itself. By your logic, I can also blame india for trying to do violence in PAK but we have been able to defeat all of their attempts in doing so, thus Pak is a safe country today. Like I said, every country is responsible for its own mess.

Also in 1971, there was East Pakistan which is now Bangladesh. It was created by Indian RAW spy agency help.

You don’t see Pakistanis crying about it like you see Afghans and people like you being cry babies about destabilizing Afghanistan.

It’s ultimately in PAKs interest to have peace in Afghanistan. There is no country that benefits more from peace in Afghanistan than Iran and Pakistan.

Without India’s help there would be no Bangladesh. Period.

Stop crying about Afghanistan.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:53 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Heh, the guy was living half a mile from the Pakistan Military Academy. Just a coincidence probably.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:59 AM

536 posts, read 610,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Yeah, I dont see a problem? We as a country are progressing, and we are distancing ourselves from the past more and more everyday. You havent seen the stats clearly. Pakistan has many many many issues but it is a functioning country and safety is not one of them (atleast anymore) its doing much better than other countries in its league such as Somalia, Nigeria and other African countries, even many South American countries too.

And atleast we don't have random phsycopaths killing 10+ people every other week because they were having a "bad day" LOL Indianopolis, Las vegas, San jose, Atlanta, Colorado, Miami,
Quote:
What do you really know about Pakistan? Seems like the Indians have fooled you.
Quote:
This is another misleading statement.

No country on Earth has suffered more from this menace than Pakistan.

Did you know? The largest Christianity cross of Asia is actually located in Pak.
You guys don't even need to waste your energy responding to such comments. They always seem to come from people who can't even locate the country they are disparaging against, on a map. (I am NOT talking about Lakerswon or moviesand games BUT the people they were responding to, it is the epitome of ignorance and to me, seems like ugly American syndrome).

Old 06-14-2021, 03:07 AM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
You guys don't even need to waste your energy responding to such comments. They always seem to come from people who can't even locate the country they are disparaging against, on a map. (I am NOT talking about Lakerswon or moviesand games BUT the people they were responding to, it is the epitome of ignorance and to me, seems like ugly American syndrome).
Oh, yes, don't respond to contrary comments answering questions to a thread that "you" (i.e. Lakerswon) voluntarily created. And throw on some anti-American rhetoric to boot. That's quite the advice

Old 06-14-2021, 03:17 AM

536 posts, read 610,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh, yes, don't respond to contrary comments answering questions to a thread that "you" (i.e. Lakerswon) voluntarily created. And throw on some anti-American rhetoric to boot. That's quite the advice
Answer legitimate questions, sure. Trolling really brings down the quality of any forum though and should be ignored. There is no anti-American "rhetoric" in my post either. The "Ugly American" is sadly, true for a certain subset of travelers from the US. If that is not you, not sure why you need to be so aggressively defensive. If you don't want to go to Pakistan, great, carry on to another thread. Why continue to say the same thing ad nausea ("I don't want to go"), Ok, everyone gets it.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:50 AM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
Answer legitimate questions, sure. Trolling really brings down the quality of any forum though and should be ignored. There is no anti-American "rhetoric" in my post either. The "Ugly American" is sadly, true for a certain subset of travelers from the US. If that is not you, not sure why you need to be so aggressively defensive. If you don't want to go to Pakistan, great, carry on to another thread. Why continue to say the same thing ad nausea ("I don't want to go"), Ok, everyone gets it.
Providing answers that you disagree with isn't trolling

Note, the OP saying that Indian have "fooled" me into not being agreeable with Pakistan is more akin to trolling (and just plain silly), but of course you didn't call that out

The problem with your approach is that the initial post asks members of this forum to discuss our views of Pakistan. And the thread title is in the form of a question, which invites dissenting viewpoints as to whether Pakistan is the "most underrated country" in Asia; I disagree that it is. This isn't a Pakistan love fest. Contrary views are ok

And, yes, that statement was anti-American. That you think the statement is true doesn't change this fact.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:49 AM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Do you research or just pick and chose things? its not like someone just said something against the prophet or allah

She went on loud speakers and said blasphemous things on multiple occasions after they kept on forgiving her.

Less than 100 people have been charged and died from blasphemy in the last 50 years
Then there’s the violence Shiites and Ahmadis have to face.
The truth is, I don’t believe Pakistan’s elite (who often go to universities in the UK and US) care all that much about religious differences. But they use the religious minorities as scapegoats for the impoverished, less educated majority.
If Asia Bibi is not your cup of tea, you have Shahbaz Bhatti, a government official assassinated for supporting her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia