Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 10:42 AM

295 posts, read 355,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
For those Pakistan promoters, I am sure it's a beautiful country with great potential. But the US state department has a travel advisory for Pakistan:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

It's currently rated "level 4 - do not travel", it's highest warning label. Reasons detailed above link but in summary not only due to covid, but also due to "terrorism and sectarian violence". It does note that situation in Islamabad has significantly improved.
This same travel advisory lists Saudi Arabia and India as level 4. It also lists Israel as level 3. Pakistan is much safer than most countries in its region especially India, Afghanistan and Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 11:17 AM

574 posts, read 376,720 times
Get over it, nobody has any desire to visit Pakistan. It has nothing to do with race or hate or not being open minded. There is just not anything there that would appeal to the average tourist. Its boring and how many times a day do I have to listen to some dude on a loudspeaker blaring over the city? I would rather listen to my neighbor and his leaf blower.

I will travel a lot very soon as countries open again. First I will go to the Philippines. It is the snorkeling and scuba diving capitol of the world. Beautiful reefs and clear water around about 7000 islands. Then maybe Cambodia to see some of the 4000 temples some dating to the 12th century. In the spring its going to be Thailand for Songkran. The new year water festival. It has become the largest water fight in the world. Three days of water blasters and street parties.

Or maybe go to Pakistan and take a daytime cultural tour to broaden my knowledge of Islam and sit in my hotel at night contemplating my relationship with God. And how in the ef did I end up in such a ___________?

Old 06-12-2021, 11:56 AM

6,093 posts, read 3,336,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
This same travel advisory lists Saudi Arabia and India as level 4. It also lists Israel as level 3. Pakistan is much safer than most countries in its region especially India, Afghanistan and Iran.
With the Houthis trying to launch as many rockets into KSA as the Palestinians do to Israel, I wouldn’t feel that safe in KSA either.

As far as AFG, it doesn’t help when Pakistan is helping the Taliban wage war.

You can keep writing the same thing over and over, but that doesn’t make it true.

Your post isn’t going to age well, because the region is about to devolve and there will be some fallout in Pakistan, it’s inevitable.

Old 06-12-2021, 12:35 PM

51 posts, read 33,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Get over it, nobody has any desire to visit Pakistan. It has nothing to do with race or hate or not being open minded. There is just not anything there that would appeal to the average tourist. Its boring and how many times a day do I have to listen to some dude on a loudspeaker blaring over the city? I would rather listen to my neighbor and his leaf blower.

I will travel a lot very soon as countries open again. First I will go to the Philippines. It is the snorkeling and scuba diving capitol of the world. Beautiful reefs and clear water around about 7000 islands. Then maybe Cambodia to see some of the 4000 temples some dating to the 12th century. In the spring its going to be Thailand for Songkran. The new year water festival. It has become the largest water fight in the world. Three days of water blasters and street parties.

Or maybe go to Pakistan and take a daytime cultural tour to broaden my knowledge of Islam and sit in my hotel at night contemplating my relationship with God. And how in the ef did I end up in such a ___________?

No problem, Tourism to Pakistan is slowly increasing and it will continue to increase no matter what closed minded Americans like you sitting in their homes think. YOU are only going to be missing the following sights of beauty.

https://wander-lush.org/most-beautif...s-in-pakistan/

https://nomadparadise.com/most-beaut...t-in-pakistan/

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/p...utiful-places/

https://www.wildfrontierstravel.com/...it-in-pakistan

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...atural-wonders

Not me!!

Old 06-12-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
To those of you that seriously think Pakistan is a dangerous place - this message goes to each and every single one of you. Read every word below.

#1. PAKISTAN is not AFGHANISTAN or IRAQ. Pak is the 5th most populous country in the world and has one of the best air forces in the world. PAK also has a arch-rival 5 times its size. Over 60 languages are spoken throughout Pakistan. Stop treating as if its some Afghanistan or Iraq. Pakistan will always be unique.

#2. PAKISTAN has fared extremely well against COVID compared to neighboring India. Some statistics are from this week alone. Just 2 days ago, there were over 6000 deaths in India from COVID, compared to a mere 57 in PAKISTAN.

#3. PAKISTAN was named as the #1 tourist location in the world last year by a leading American travel magazine. https://eurasiantimes.com/pakistan-r...avel-magazine/ Had PAKISTAN been so dangerous, it would never have made it.

In conclusion, after reading the responses in this thread -- PAKISTAN may be the most MISUNDERSTOOD country by North Americans. Only time will tell though.

Long Live PAKISTAN.

Well said. Many here are comparing Pakistan and lumping it into war filled countries such as Afghanistan, Somalia, and Iraq

Old 06-12-2021, 01:34 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
No problem, Tourism to Pakistan is slowly increasing and it will continue to increase no matter what closed minded Americans like you sitting in their homes think. YOU are only going to be missing the following sights of beauty.
Wow, you're quite the tourism ambassador. Fine example of that unparalleled hospitality people are talking about.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Wow, you're quite the tourism ambassador. Fine example of that unparalleled hospitality people are talking about.
Its not me who doesn't want to visit the second most beautiful capital in the world because of my fear of Muslims and the fact that the culture doesn't align with my own.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:57 PM

574 posts, read 376,720 times
I am not closed minded. I just don't want to go anywhere and support people who force-ably marry children, parents sell their daughters, and female mutilation is still practiced. And if your child wife disobeys, another honour killing? Insulting people will not change what people think. Actions will but it might take a several generations.

Old 06-12-2021, 02:28 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Its not me who doesn't want to visit the second most beautiful capital in the world because of my fear of Muslims and the fact that the culture doesn't align with my own.
No but it IS you who keeps insisting people should visit Pakistan. Here's a free tip: insulting those you intend to persuade is generally not considered an effective persuasion technique.

I can only deduce London is the most beautiful capital in the world since roughly a third of Pakistan has already moved there.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
I am not closed minded. I just don't want to go anywhere and support people who force-ably marry children, parents sell their daughters, and female mutilation is still practiced. And if your child wife disobeys, another honour killing? Insulting people will not change what people think. Actions will but it might take a several generations.

You may not be close minded but you are a uninformed ignorant man

serious question, where do you get your info from? who told you any of this?? I have lived in Pakistan and every single thing you said is ether completely inaccurate and doesn't happen, or happens in the rural areas.

or it maybe rare and completely not the norm such as things like this

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/1...ourt-says.html

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...liu-story.html

https://www.app.com/story/news/weird...ed/3942475002/

hmm seems like this is way too common IDK if I should continue supporting and living in the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia