Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:12 PM

673 posts, read 466,217 times

Advertisements

Just to add to my post. I worked for a major utility for 37 years in the construction trade. I am considering starting a website on Whispering Ranch with all the uneventful news there is to report. Did you know that Wickenburg has a larger footprint in "the ranch" than most people know? Don't follow Bing maps and boarders, there is a bit wrong. I use Google Maps and Google Earth. Almost the same thing.

I was over there on June 8th, it was 110. Spent some time wandering around roads on my ATV. Boy could they could use attention. I am at odds why the 299th from W Patton Rd and W Dove Road is not graded smooth by the utility. They use the area for inspections of the towers/lines so why not grade that road? They come in thru peoples parcels, why not give back a little? It just seems fair. You make money, you grade some roads, not brain surgery.

I am six hours away, across the Sonoran Desert to the Southwest in Southern California. Within "the Ranch" I own a old horse ranch myself. It needs a lot of work to be brought up to the good standards I demand. It is tough living so far away.

Broncosilly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 07:29 AM

For those of you that own land out this way, and, when you receive your tax bill at the end of this year, you will notice yet another reduction in appraised value on your "chunk" from the Miracopa County Appraisers office. For an investor that can't be good news. For us who plan on dying with our dirt, it's good, as in less property taxes.

I've been trying to buy a parcel from an old owner. We share a property line. He has owned it since 1960........holy smokes. I get a chuckle, when I listen to him tell me that the property is worth X (he lives in Ohio). I think, he is thinking it is still 2007. In other words, he is asking five times the appraised value from the county appraiser and the average "sold" price per acre. Since I follow prices in this area, I am well aware of what land sells for, not what is asked.

To top it off, the parcel is 100 percent in flood plain and in the center of the flood plain is a flood way (like many parcels). All per Army Corps of Engineers maps. The county "copa" wouldn't allow anyone to build a cabana on such a property. It's good for shade as it has some trees.........that's it.

More chuckles. I watch the real estate websites for properties around here in "the Ranch". For one five acre parcel the ask will be 7.9K......across the road the ask is 30K for darn near identical plots. Prices are all over the map and some asks are just plain silly.
The high priced spread sits for sale............going no where.

To many out of state owners, I am always curious what you think you will do with the property. A friend of mine recently purchased a parcel that had been handed down so many times and the title was so messed up it took months to straighten out. What mess these things can be. Another out of state owner it was and at $1,400 an acre who knows what it cost for an attorney was to straighten things out. All on the owner.

I don't know how many people read this website (if any) but would like to read what some other opinions are on WP

Old 08-01-2016, 12:59 PM

I meant to write "opinions on WR........not WP. oooops
Since I can't figure out how edit posts

Old 07-11-2017, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,364 times
Very nice area. I plan to develop my property there in the next year or two. So I try to pay attention to any news about development in the area.

not sure if this will work, if it doesn't. look up: Hidden Waters Parkway North
Feasibility Study: Interstate 10 to State Route 74
is hidden waters pkwy coming from the west

https://repository.asu.edu/attachmen...20features.pdf

Last edited by Jay Bes; 07-11-2017 at 01:07 PM..

Old 02-08-2018, 09:19 AM

6 posts, read 9,838 times
I have purchased land on W Restin Rd I plan on retiring in about 5 years.. Any owners out there that can let me know about any current services? Do you have phone or wifi reception, I know I need to have a well dug and will use solar power. Do you use a satellite dish for other services? I hope some roads going in there can be graded a little better by the time I want to put a house on the property. I know its a ways off but time goes by really fast!

Old 03-07-2018, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,055 times
Purchased property in Whispering Ranch 25 years ago because we were sold on the area developing someday. Moved on to our parcel 16 years ago and don't want the development to come. We use solar power, satellite, septic and own our own well. We have all the conveniences of city living, but the peace of living in the desert. Yes, we drive on dirt and occasionally have to deal with a flooding river, but the quiet, wildlife and stars make it all worth it.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,789 times
Default whispering ranch ......

If you buy or have property in whispering ranch it is a MUST to have a survey done and have it recorded in the Maricopa county register of deeds. Realtors are selling parcels and they are being misrepresented..I would hazard to guess some folks don't know what they own, where they own, and maybe "if" they own

cactusblossom

Old 11-17-2019, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
Well I am another land owner in the Whispering Ranch area.

Bought the property 5-6 years ago and my partner lived on the place for 3-4 years.

Its got a water well that was dug 15+ years ago but still supplies good water. Like everyone else, no power but we have a diesel generator and am putting up solar.

We are on the Western boundaries of the ranch, just about a mile off of the Vulture Mine road, so easy to get to and only 14 miles from Wickenburg.

One thing that perturbs me is that we are paying county taxes yet never see anyone from the county on the property. Just try to get someone out there to grade the roads, but they sure stand out there every year with their hands out demanding tax money!

Old 12-04-2019, 11:58 AM

6 posts, read 9,838 times
Joeaksa
I know when I went there last year to mark off my property better I couldn't get all the way to my property, needed a bigger truck for the washes, what the taxes cover then, I plan on trying again next October and will rent a larger vehicle because I want to start checking on getting a well in etc. but that is going to be hard to do when you can't get across the washes. I went in circles for a while before giving up because I don't know the area that well yet. I am on West Restin on the Western end also off Vulture Mine road.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,557 times
Default updates ?

Any updates regarding Whispering Ranch ? Curious as to land values - still in decline ? Any info as to what the selling price been on average per acre lately. Any work on road grading etc... I am considering purchasing lot in the far southern edge WR ( 305 st ~ 1/2 mile south of Patton ). Accessible in small 4WD SUV ? Hear lots rumors about "unsavory types ... methtown etc..." True ? Any prospects of Douglas Ranch being developed ? Any news ? thoughts / comments appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona