Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:04 PM

14 posts, read 49,327 times

Advertisements

We have been house hunting in AZ for some time now and they can say what they want about slow moving home sales in AZ but we have lost out on many home purchases for some reason or other, and yes we are to the point of placing full offers and it still has not worked our for various reasons. My question is, knowing we do not have to look for full time employment we are looking further south. We have found many reasonable priced homes in the Florence area in a developement of Magma Ranch. Does anyone know anything about this development? The homes we are looking at are 2006 and up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,472 times
We lived there for 15 months. If you are an outdoorsy, social, active person/family, this is not the place for you. If you prefer the confines of your own home and yard, then go for it.

The area is not well-maintained, simply because of lack of funding available. The pool bathrooms are routinely abused (feces on the floor, walls, etc.)

We tried befriending many of our neighbors and found them to be very anti-social and I was even told by two different families that they were "hiding out" and didn't leave their house very often. I didn't press the subject further. We moved in September 2010 to Anthem Merrill Ranch--a much better community.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 5,736 times
Default what about scorpions and snakes?

Anti-social I can deal with as my husband and I spend much of our time working. I had heard there were snakes out that way and tons of scorpions. What is your perspective on that?

Old 02-28-2015, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 9,567 times
Lived In Magma Ranch home division for over 4 year. I do not have much to complain about except for the pool bathrooms during the summer. They can get quiet messy. Much better now that there is extra security and maintenance. As far as snakes and scorpians, we have not seen any. But I do keep my home sprayed once a year.

I enjoy the quiet streets at night. Our neighbors are friendly and all say hello. We do not have social BBQ's every weekend more like once a month.. Which is fine for someone like me who has 6 kids and things to do.

The community itself is nice. I have not heard of any crime in the four years we have lived here. Of course we live on a street where all the homes are occupied as well. Not to mention that there are quiet a few cops in the area.

It is classified as rural area. The subdivision is located just 12 minutes from the local shopping stores (Fry's, Wal-mart, Gas, Restaurants, etc...). At night you can see the stars without all the city lights. Lovely!!!

The only complaint I have is the cats in the neighborhood. Not a cat person and they wonder the neighborhoods bothering your dogs, sitting on your cars, and dropping feces everywhere.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:56 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
I was looking into it until I met the salespeople for the new builds. I requested to see one of the homes only to be told they wouldn't show me a home until I was approved for a loan and had a down payment. I no longer wanted anything to do with them. How the hell do I know I want one of their houses if I can even look before I buy? I'm not desperate and don't appreciate the most high pressure sales tactics I have ever seen.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:57 PM

They explained it like, "but you will be seeing your ACTUAL house that way." Wtf

Old 03-02-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsjob View Post
Lived In Magma Ranch home division for over 4 year. I do not have much to complain about except for the pool bathrooms during the summer. They can get quiet messy. Much better now that there is extra security and maintenance. As far as snakes and scorpians, we have not seen any. But I do keep my home sprayed once a year.

I enjoy the quiet streets at night. Our neighbors are friendly and all say hello. We do not have social BBQ's every weekend more like once a month.. Which is fine for someone like me who has 6 kids and things to do.

The community itself is nice. I have not heard of any crime in the four years we have lived here. Of course we live on a street where all the homes are occupied as well. Not to mention that there are quiet a few cops in the area.

It is classified as rural area. The subdivision is located just 12 minutes from the local shopping stores (Fry's, Wal-mart, Gas, Restaurants, etc...). At night you can see the stars without all the city lights. Lovely!!!

The only complaint I have is the cats in the neighborhood. Not a cat person and they wonder the neighborhoods bothering your dogs, sitting on your cars, and dropping feces everywhere.
If I buy a home I will put in my own pool so no issues. What I was really personally liking was how it was a bit secluded. I didn't care for the big power transformers right next door to the subdivision though. How was your home buying experience there. I was looking about a year ago.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 9,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
If I buy a home I will put in my own pool so no issues. What I was really personally liking was how it was a bit secluded. I didn't care for the big power transformers right next door to the subdivision though. How was your home buying experience there. I was looking about a year ago.

My experience was great! Of course we did not go through the home sales offices, but with our friendly Realtor (she was great). The home sales office in our home area was sold off. No more model homes. The only model homes available to look at are in the upper section where they are building new homes.

There are a few homes in our area that are for sell and the prices are of market value. Their is only one home on our street currently for sale.

I do not mind the power transformers as they are almost a mile away from our homes. Right next to them are the new solar plant by SRP.

There is a Highway proposal to run about a mile away too! Would be nice as it will connect us faster with highways we use rather than all the back roads.

I love this home because we are a bit secluded (farm land all around). Unfortunately, we will be selling our home next month as we have new opportunities in Alaska. This was a nice quiet place to live with friendly neighbors.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsjob View Post
My experience was great! Of course we did not go through the home sales offices, but with our friendly Realtor (she was great). The home sales office in our home area was sold off. No more model homes. The only model homes available to look at are in the upper section where they are building new homes.

There are a few homes in our area that are for sell and the prices are of market value. Their is only one home on our street currently for sale.

I do not mind the power transformers as they are almost a mile away from our homes. Right next to them are the new solar plant by SRP.

There is a Highway proposal to run about a mile away too! Would be nice as it will connect us faster with highways we use rather than all the back roads.

I love this home because we are a bit secluded (farm land all around). Unfortunately, we will be selling our home next month as we have new opportunities in Alaska. This was a nice quiet place to live with friendly neighbors.
Good luck in Alaska. That place is a land of opportunity to make the big bucks if you can get your feet in the door somewhere.

Thanks for your reply! I'm looking more toward Maricopa now as it's closer in and gives me easy access for my frequent SD trips. Although if the right house comes along who knows, I may end up out in STV or Magma Ranch (Through a preexisting home on the market, screw the LGI staff). Take care.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 PM

52 posts, read 145,870 times
We have 4 homes and 1 lot listed in Magma Ranch, no need to deal with the salespeople there... I can put you in touch directly my colleague the listing agent if you decide it's somewhere you want to look at closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona