Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 11:05 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Idk why people post things like this, you are on the internet if you can post on this website. You can find that information. You are purposefully being obtuse and knew your argument had no standing before you posted it.
Well yes I could spend 2 hours identifying Black population by county in Alabama and another couple hours mapping it all out, but hardly anyone would do that without being part of the case. You are just being an obtuse partisan who doesn't like opposing opinions.

The reality is that the Black population IS spread out, so its had to imagine there being enough clumps to do 2 such districts. The 51% and 40% districts already encompass half the Black population of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2023, 03:50 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,792,964 times
Polka dot gerrymandering could be the result settled upon by the Supreme Court. Is their really a need for contiguous representation?

Old 09-09-2023, 08:44 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well yes I could spend 2 hours identifying Black population by county in Alabama and another couple hours mapping it all out, but hardly anyone would do that without being part of the case.
You dont need to, its already been done for you, the census does it for population, you can just click on the Wikipedia page for a drop down menu that you can order from least to first. The census also measures congressional districts by racial population, and Race by voting age

Quote:
You are just being an obtuse partisan who doesn't like opposing opinions.
no partisan person likes opposing opinions, so that was a double negative, LOL. But that also wasnt the problem with your post, it was that all this information can be found in 2 seconds in the actual Case brief as well as a 2 second google search.

Quote:
The reality is that the Black population IS spread out, so its had to imagine there being enough clumps to do 2 such districts. The 51% and 40% districts already encompass half the Black population of the state.
You knew your post was false before you posted it because there was already a map that has 2 Black majority districts proposed and was part of the case presented to the court. What is the point of trolling like this ?

you are either admitting you are trolling, or so completely void of information on this subject that you shouldnt be posting. Pick one.

Old 09-15-2023, 11:59 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
Yeah but Colorado is full of white people, so wouldn’t black representation be less there. Why don’t the democrats help the black people in Huntsville? Alabama A&M has plenty black engineers. So they are going to punish the black people if Alabama for some white folks in Colorado? Not even one HBCU is there.
Colorado isn't Alabama. There are more Blacks in the South than any other U.S. region. And the knock-on effect of slavery is why. Colorado has far fewer Blacks due to happenstance. Colorado politics is not based on the same traditionalistic mindset that Alabama has.

As for Huntsville, Republicans are in charge of Huntsville. I should know, as I live in Huntsville. Alabama is a Republican state. Huntsville is a Republican city. Democrats can't do much for Blacks because they aren't in charge in Huntsville. They are in charge of the majority Black places of Alabama. Huntsville is 28% Black and 55% White.

Space Command is punishing Alabama Republicans, as they are the ones in charge of Huntsville.

Old 09-15-2023, 12:00 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well yes I could spend 2 hours identifying Black population by county in Alabama and another couple hours mapping it all out, but hardly anyone would do that without being part of the case. You are just being an obtuse partisan who doesn't like opposing opinions.

56% of America’s Black population is in the South. I wouldn't call that spread out.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:25 AM

221 posts, read 114,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
56% of America’s Black population is in the South. I wouldn't call that spread out.
I don’t know the South that much but they (and probably will) easily have two black districts; one centered on Birmingham that stretches to the black areas around Montgomery and Tuskegee…and another in the “black belt” portion of the State…SW Alabama stretching to the black portions of Mobile.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blac...ion_of_Alabama)

Old 09-26-2023, 10:52 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was thinking that this forum was about Alabama?? Maybe I am wrong?
By the way, I was thinking that the minority population was against segregation, guess I am wrong and we are going back to "Separate but Equal".

Old 09-26-2023, 12:28 PM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I was thinking that this forum was about Alabama?? Maybe I am wrong?
By the way, I was thinking that the minority population was against segregation, guess I am wrong and we are going back to "Separate but Equal".
Only when it goes against the narrative. Think about the great white flight (now I'm told was bad) vs gentrification (which is also bad evidently) now were back to segregation.

Old 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Welp. US Supreme Court told the State of Alabama, "Quit wasting our time."

Zero dissents is pretty damning.

Old 09-26-2023, 03:57 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Welp. US Supreme Court told the State of Alabama, "Quit wasting our time."

Zero dissents is pretty damning.

True!
Segregation is alive and well for the 12.6%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama