Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 09:09 PM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee48 View Post
I'd say the idea is non white voters don't deserve ANY representation regardless of who the black person is, either way I see what you mean.
With this type of image around Alabama I can see why Space Command stayed in Colorado.
Yeah but Colorado is full of white people, so wouldn’t black representation be less there. Why don’t the democrats help the black people in Huntsville? Alabama A&M has plenty black engineers. So they are going to punish the black people if Alabama for some white folks in Colorado? Not even one HBCU is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 10:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
Whats the point of posting here if you dont even care if you are wrong ?

I'm simply asking for facts.
No. That portion was in response to you thinking the california map is gerrymandered, it isnt. they actually do draw a fair map. If they wanted to gerrymander the state, they absolutely could. Geography in California greatly helps Dems.

Quote:
I don't but seeing how many people in the south seem to want to go the way of Cailfornia, I am just making people aware.
The problem with your argument is that the electrical grid in California seems to do fine with electrical cars. The problem has been wildfires and mudslides.

Old 09-06-2023, 11:09 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
California has a non partisan commission that draws pretty fair maps, and some would even argue they favor Republicans.
Only hard core partisan Democrats would make that claim.

One district is 51% Black. One is 40% Black. The state is 27% Black. Don't know the details of where everyone lives, but it would be hard to have geographically rational districts with 2 of 7 majority Black. That would be 28.6% of the districts majority Black.

I have doubts that the court is being reasonable. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Old 09-07-2023, 01:01 AM

1,017 posts, read 637,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
What do you call it in states like California and New York where the same thing is going on except by the Democrats?
They can handle their business their way and run it up to the SC if they want, this is about Alabama. I'm not worried about what they do... does that attitude sound familiar?

Old 09-07-2023, 03:13 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Don't know the details of where everyone lives,.
Idk why people post things like this, you are on the internet if you can post on this website. You can find that information. You are purposefully being obtuse and knew your argument had no standing before you posted it.

Old 09-07-2023, 06:28 AM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:

The problem with your argument is that the electrical grid in California seems to do fine with electrical cars. The problem has been wildfires and mudslides.
It's not fine. They have rolling black outs and have to buy energy from other states. They also were putting restrictions on how much electricity each household uses. Also, much of the electricity they buy from other states is generated through coal. The same coal they demonize with the help of Obama.

Old 09-07-2023, 06:35 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
California has a non partisan commission that draws pretty fair maps, and some would even argue they favor Republicans.
Says who???
https://calmatters.org/commentary/20...r-for-another/

Old 09-07-2023, 08:15 AM

1,017 posts, read 637,410 times
Quote:
It's not fine. They have rolling black outs and have to buy energy from other states. They also were putting restrictions on how much electricity each household uses. Also, much of the electricity they buy from other states is generated through coal. The same coal they demonize with the help of Obama.
They also grow a lot of the food you eat. Alabama is a federal welfare taker and gets back a lot more than it puts in to build roads and infrastructure. California gets a lot too, but the state is huge and has a massive population and a GDP larger than many countries... and of course they put in a lot.

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/sta...al-government/

7 of 10 most dependant states are Republican. We're number ten. We get $1.80 back for every dollar we put in. Cali gets 65 cents back for every dollar, but sure let's just hoard power and let them burn. That'll teach 'em.

Quote:
Democratic-leaning blue states tend to be wealthier and pay more to the federal government than they get. In contrast, Republican-leaning red states tend to have less wealth and receive more federal government funds than they pay. In the MoneyGeek rankings, 7 of the 10 most dependent states are considered red states.

Last edited by OldBankhead; 09-07-2023 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-07-2023, 08:25 AM

857 posts, read 584,422 times
Quote:
God this thread is so amusing

I try to keep out of politics, especially discussions…. But my guy, you haven’t said a single correct statement yet, stop getting your information from Nextdoor and actually read something before you make these idiotic comments

Old 09-07-2023, 08:39 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
This is all just a ploy / sleight of hand to get us to believe that our votes actually mean anything.

As far as I'm concerned, probably 90% or more of eligible voters in this country need to be disenfranchised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama