Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 10:42 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times

Advertisements

Do any of you go into the office fridge and just sometimes randomly grab someone else's lunch? Perhaps it looks especially tasty, or you're just extremely hungry?

I don't do this. But I have noticed over the years, working in various offices, different settings, etc., that at times, items have mysteriously disappeared from my lunch. Is this normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 10:46 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
I personally don't because I find that gross and rude. However, I have witnessed people doing that, and just watching, it's hilarious. I mean, the amount of arrogance someone has to just open the fridge and eat someone else's stuff is just bonkers LMAO.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I personally don't because I find that gross and rude. However, I have witnessed people doing that, and just watching, it's hilarious. I mean, the amount of arrogance someone has to just open the fridge and eat someone else's stuff is just bonkers LMAO.
My exact reaction to this. It's so... odd... Gross, rude, yet hilarious to think about... LOL!!!

Old 03-28-2024, 10:48 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Back when we had 400 people in the office it happened a lot, and yes, it was just random lunch theft. Really hard to figure why, since we are well paid and back then had a café on the bottom floor. I always brought mine and kept it with an icepack in my office instead of one of the office kitchens.

Now going back to years ago when I was on a smaller project team in leased office space, one co-worker would swipe and eat half the sandwich of one other guy just for laughs, but we would prank him often.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:57 AM

22,557 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Do any of you go into the office fridge and just sometimes randomly grab someone else's lunch? Perhaps it looks especially tasty, or you're just extremely hungry?
never. so so rude!

Old 03-28-2024, 11:08 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
No, but every once in a blue moon I look in the freezer and see a frozen box of whatever and wonder "is that mine, did I put this here and forget about it?" If there's no name on it I consider it fair game, especially if it's been there for a month or more. I'm bad about bringing stuff in and forgetting it's there.

Old 03-28-2024, 11:12 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I worked in one place where it happened. Everyone thought that "the lunch bag bandit" was one of the supervisors, and probably just one person in the entire building was stealing, so it is not a common thing to do. Although it seems like every business has at least one thief on the staff.

I learned early to bring something to eat that didn't need refrigeration and I kept my lunch in my locker.

Not only would our lunch bag bandit steal lunches, but he would also throw the container into the trash when he was finished. He didn't care if it was original packaging or expensive Tupperware. Into the trash it went.

Old 03-28-2024, 11:13 AM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
It happened to me regularly a long time ago. I had a 6 foot timber rattler frozen and coiled up in a paper bag, stapled shut and my name on the bag in on of the freezers in the lunch room. The plan was to take him to the taxidermy during lunch. No more disappeared lunches.

Old 03-28-2024, 11:14 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I worked in one place where it happened. Everyone thought that "the lunch bag bandit" was one of the supervisors, and probably just one person in the entire building was stealing, so it is not a common thing to do. Although it seems like every business has at least one thief on the staff.

I learned early to bring something to eat that didn't need refrigeration and I kept my lunch in my locker.

Not only would our lunch bag bandit steal lunches, but he would also throw the container into the trash when he was finished. He didn't care if it was original packaging or expensive Tupperware. Into the trash it went.
LMAO. This bag bandit was on demon time, huh?? Savage LOL

Old 03-28-2024, 11:20 AM

LOL! I wasn't expecting these responses, but I am laughing at how common this apparently is.
I created this thread because someone this morning decided to go into my lunch box and eat my -- get this -- plain Siggi's yogurt. I always bring some in, and when ready to eat, mix in some blueberries or something. But yeah... Apparently someone thought that this bland, plain, flavorless yogurt would be delicious to eat this morning. I hope they enjoyed it? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment