Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 03:39 PM

70 posts, read 46,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The funny thing is I can't read most of the replies here because they are from posters on my Ignore List.
I wish they'd put ME on their Ignore List and we'd all be much happier.
If you only listen to people who agree with you, then you're never forced to consider any point of view - you're only listening to those who already have your same opinion. I don't agree with a lot of people, but I'm always willing to consider their point of view before I dismiss anything. Intolerance drives the contempt that polarizes people. It's uncomfortable to consider other POV, but if you're threatened by and ignore them, then how do you expect others to listen to yours?

I mean, eventually, the only posts on here you'll be able to read are your own......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2023, 03:50 PM

1,119 posts, read 606,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateCookie View Post
If you only listen to people who agree with you, then you're never forced to consider any point of view - you're only listening to those who already have your same opinion. I don't agree with a lot of people, but I'm always willing to consider their point of view before I dismiss anything. Intolerance drives the contempt that polarizes people. It's uncomfortable to consider other POV, but if you're threatened by and ignore them, then how do you expect others to listen to yours?

I mean, eventually, the only posts on here you'll be able to read are your own......
Lol agreed.

I do understand that there are certain posters that are more prone to argue vs actual debating.

But to block people kinda limits the intelligent back and forth that forums like this are suppose to create.

I personally have my own interior block in my brain. Once I sense a person who isn't here to debate, but just to argue and force their limited views. I just ignore them.

Let's be honest, there are some really ummmm non-intelligent individuals on here. They don't debate with you, they argue. Once I get the sense that they offer zero in terms of objectivity... instant ignore.

Life is just too short to give time to such individuals.

Old 11-24-2023, 05:35 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

I reckon we unconsciously jump these timelines all the time and this is why the Mandela Effect happens and why we remember 'incorrectly' because we remember the old timeline and we have since jumped onto a new one with a different past.
If someone says in 2024 X, Y and Z will happen. Then it has to happen in 2024 to be correct. Its like me saying there is going to be an 8.0+ earthquake that will kill thousands of people on the ring of fire. But no date as to when. Eventually I will be correct. But that does not mean I have an special abilities. If I say in 2024 and it does happen it still does not prove I have special abilities. But if a person comes out with dozens of predictions with a timeline on earth and none of them come true. Well I would say they have no special abilities.

Old 11-24-2023, 06:51 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I know we have a few self proclaimed psychics on this forum. It would be awesome if someone started a thread and they all made 5 predictions each. These predictions would need to have a specific timeline and specific happenings. A 6 month timeline would be good. Most of us would still be around to see the results. Heck it would be cool if we all did it and posted if we are a psychic, a believer, or a non believer when we made out psychic predictions. Maybe we could get some good predictions instead of the doom and gloom. It would be very hard to be worse than Mr Tittel at getting them correct.
Some of us here are psychic to a point.
Some here have different psychic abilities.
Being able to tell of future events is one ability.
For me, I have the ability of remote vision, which should not be confused with being able to tell of future events.
I "see" things that occur as a result of some action, or of something that will happen in the future, but neither is a prediction, but a physical observation.

I don't predict things, I just state what my remote vision saw.

Old 11-24-2023, 07:26 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Some of us here are psychic to a point.
Some here have different psychic abilities.
Being able to tell of future events is one ability.
For me, I have the ability of remote vision, which should not be confused with being able to tell of future events.
I "see" things that occur as a result of some action, or of something that will happen in the future, but neither is a prediction, but a physical observation.

That is fine. I am not going to argue about what you believe you see. This is about Joseph Tittel and he seems to lack any ability to see the future.

Old 11-25-2023, 09:50 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
But... IF one believes that time is linear then you assume that things you see are going to happen. IF we have misunderstood the way the world works, then we make erroneous assumptions. OK, so they are "in good faith" but if they dont turn out to be true then they need to re-assess the world-view or the basis of making those claims. It is that critical thinking which may be missing. Often arty people are not very logical thinkers, so their heart rules their head.

Old 11-26-2023, 07:56 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have been in sales most of my life. You have to be good at reading people and controlling the conversation without seeming like you are. I get how cold reading works. And I get how this dude and others before do future events. I am just curious how one gets involved in all of this. When James Randi did his million dollar challenge he said there were two different groups of people would do the challenge. One group really believed they had psychic abilities and tried to demonstrate them and failed. The other group was trying to fool the researchers and win the money but they all failed. I think these well known ones are in the latter group. They know they are scamming people. One time Sylvia Browne was on Larry King and James Randi called in and asked her to take the million dollar challenge. She wanted nothing to do with it but eventually agreed. She never actually did the challenge. She knew she was a fraud.

Magicians for example often start young doing tricks they learned on their friends and family. Do these fake psychic start out that way or is it different? Just curious. I am sure if you read their bios its a bunch of baloney with them saying they knew they had special powers at an early age, and wanted to share it with the world, for a price of course.

I know South Park did an episode on John Edward years back and one of the kids on the show was trying to tell John Edward fans how Edward tricked people and demonstrated how he did cold readings. And all of that went over their heads and they believed the kid demonstrated the same abilities of John Edward.
I was watching something that Penn and Teller were on, and they talked about the time that they did cold reading to show people how it was done and a fair number of people said yeah yeah yeah we get the joke but come on you’re real, right, you’re really psychic.

There was actually a police procedure on TV called The Mentalist, and the basis of it was the guy who was claiming he was psychic had his family killed by a serial killer so he started working with the police to solve various crimes and murders and stuff like that. It was a pretty good show.

And that’s a thing. People want to feel like they have an edge. They have knowledge that other people don’t have. People also really enjoy living in negativity. They may call it being prepared but basically they’re waiting for everything to fall apart so they can look at everybody else and say they’re right, see I told you.

I amreally done with negativity. It brings nothing to the table. You notice how psychics never say anything good. It’s all to prepare us for all the bad that’s gonna happen because everything‘s bad and everything is awful and life sucks. Does it really. My life‘s pretty good there’s some things going on I don’t like but that’s life.

I just know that when I surround myself with negativity I’m not happy. I don’t understand why anybody does it, but they sure as heck do.

Old 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

How many fingers am I holding up right now?

I waved them in front of the screen to make it easier for you.

Old 11-26-2023, 02:55 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

2 one on each hand because thumbs don't count.

Old 11-26-2023, 09:44 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I guess you may need a lesson on what remote vision is.
Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal