Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 12:52 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I listened to him every week until he said that spirit told him that Donald Trump will definitely win in 2020, even though he is not political at all. When he lost, I messaged him telling him I guess your spirits are wrong or maybe they weren’t told about election fraud. Never heard back from him. I stopped watching. If the spirits that communicate are that wrong, they are worthless.
There are some truly sick people in the world.

The good news is Earth always self-corrects.

The bad news is a lot of good people die in the process but if you view it in terms of humanity instead of the self, then getting rid of the whackos is a good thing in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2023, 02:08 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I am sure most of them actually believe him and his predictions. It is a numbers game. Even using just the US population he only has to get 1 out of every 10,000 people to believe him to get the number of followers he has. Seriously get 10,000 people in a room and I can guarantee there is one you could convince of anything. Psychics can find that one person.
I agree. People have to be watching his videos and buying his merch or he would have given up on this. Unless he has a day job and this is a side hustle. And you only need a fraction of the population to carve out a niche. People like him or John Edward. They do have a skill. It would be interesting if actually if one of them confessed they are a fraud and explained how they got into it and how they mastered what they do. Like with these predictions. I am sure they are carefully thought out. They have to be specific enough that it seems you are making precise predictions yet general enough for some wiggle room. And people who want you to be right. So if you say Tsunami's in Africa. Well there say was a Tsunami in SE Asia. A believer will say he was right just a little off in the geography. Or if it happens 5 years from now. Well his timing was off but his prediction was right. And if you twist it all around enough he is always right.

Old 11-23-2023, 02:57 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree. People have to be watching his videos and buying his merch or he would have given up on this. Unless he has a day job and this is a side hustle. And you only need a fraction of the population to carve out a niche. People like him or John Edward. They do have a skill. It would be interesting if actually if one of them confessed they are a fraud and explained how they got into it and how they mastered what they do. Like with these predictions. I am sure they are carefully thought out. They have to be specific enough that it seems you are making precise predictions yet general enough for some wiggle room. And people who want you to be right. So if you say Tsunami's in Africa. Well there say was a Tsunami in SE Asia. A believer will say he was right just a little off in the geography. Or if it happens 5 years from now. Well his timing was off but his prediction was right. And if you twist it all around enough he is always right.
With 34.6K fallowers I doubt he needs a real job. If he can get even 5% of his followers to join one of his monthly payment programs and buy a little merch he is making bank. Even if he can only get $10 a month from 5% of his followers he would be pulling in close to a quarter million a year. Looks like he is doing way better than that.

There is a ton of info out there on how they work. If you are a good salesperson or good at reading people it will come very easy.

Old 11-23-2023, 07:00 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
With 34.6K fallowers I doubt he needs a real job. If he can get even 5% of his followers to join one of his monthly payment programs and buy a little merch he is making bank. Even if he can only get $10 a month from 5% of his followers he would be pulling in close to a quarter million a year. Looks like he is doing way better than that.

There is a ton of info out there on how they work. If you are a good salesperson or good at reading people it will come very easy.
I have been in sales most of my life. You have to be good at reading people and controlling the conversation without seeming like you are. I get how cold reading works. And I get how this dude and others before do future events. I am just curious how one gets involved in all of this. When James Randi did his million dollar challenge he said there were two different groups of people would do the challenge. One group really believed they had psychic abilities and tried to demonstrate them and failed. The other group was trying to fool the researchers and win the money but they all failed. I think these well known ones are in the latter group. They know they are scamming people. One time Sylvia Browne was on Larry King and James Randi called in and asked her to take the million dollar challenge. She wanted nothing to do with it but eventually agreed. She never actually did the challenge. She knew she was a fraud.

Magicians for example often start young doing tricks they learned on their friends and family. Do these fake psychic start out that way or is it different? Just curious. I am sure if you read their bios its a bunch of baloney with them saying they knew they had special powers at an early age, and wanted to share it with the world, for a price of course.

I know South Park did an episode on John Edward years back and one of the kids on the show was trying to tell John Edward fans how Edward tricked people and demonstrated how he did cold readings. And all of that went over their heads and they believed the kid demonstrated the same abilities of John Edward.

Old 11-24-2023, 09:13 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have been in sales most of my life. You have to be good at reading people and controlling the conversation without seeming like you are. I get how cold reading works. And I get how this dude and others before do future events. I am just curious how one gets involved in all of this. When James Randi did his million dollar challenge he said there were two different groups of people would do the challenge. One group really believed they had psychic abilities and tried to demonstrate them and failed. The other group was trying to fool the researchers and win the money but they all failed. I think these well known ones are in the latter group. They know they are scamming people. One time Sylvia Browne was on Larry King and James Randi called in and asked her to take the million dollar challenge. She wanted nothing to do with it but eventually agreed. She never actually did the challenge. She knew she was a fraud.

Magicians for example often start young doing tricks they learned on their friends and family. Do these fake psychic start out that way or is it different? Just curious. I am sure if you read their bios its a bunch of baloney with them saying they knew they had special powers at an early age, and wanted to share it with the world, for a price of course.

I know South Park did an episode on John Edward years back and one of the kids on the show was trying to tell John Edward fans how Edward tricked people and demonstrated how he did cold readings. And all of that went over their heads and they believed the kid demonstrated the same abilities of John Edward.
People believe what they want to believe, regardless of facts. There is another dude called Troy Black who is an evangelical christian on youtube and has thousands of followers, hundreds and hundreds of failed 'prophecies' and no need for a job due to these same gullible people. Troy Black said in 2021 seven world leaders would die. When it didn't happen, he said 7 world leading people like Bob Dole, Betty White, I forgot the other celebrities but sheesh what people believe and even give money to. Yikes.

Old 11-24-2023, 10:12 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I am not defending any side. I think these guys should know how the world works.

As I understand it, time is an Earth reality construct and does not exist outside of there/here.

Every possibility exists now which means that, depending on the choices made by individuals and collectives, the 'future' will change according to those choices. The further into the 'future' you go, the more uncertian it becomes due to the possibility of folks making other choices along the way. This means that the collective and individual path to the future is like a decision tree - depending on what decisions we make, we turn left or right at each decision and so we get further or closer to the prediction.

Think of your future stretching ahead of you as many different lines of possibility, each one has a different outcome. Like those books (I haven't seen them recently) where you could change the ending according to your answering a question in different ways. This is like your life. The group you belong to makes group decisions too which alter the general direction you experience life.

I reckon we unconsciously jump these timelines all the time and this is why the Mandela Effect happens and why we remember 'incorrectly' because we remember the old timeline and we have since jumped onto a new one with a different past.

Old 11-24-2023, 10:43 AM

I know we have a few self proclaimed psychics on this forum. It would be awesome if someone started a thread and they all made 5 predictions each. These predictions would need to have a specific timeline and specific happenings. A 6 month timeline would be good. Most of us would still be around to see the results. Heck it would be cool if we all did it and posted if we are a psychic, a believer, or a non believer when we made out psychic predictions. Maybe we could get some good predictions instead of the doom and gloom. It would be very hard to be worse than Mr Tittel at getting them correct.

Old 11-24-2023, 02:55 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
The funny thing is I can't read most of the replies here because they are from posters on my Ignore List.
I wish they'd put ME on their Ignore List and we'd all be much happier.

Old 11-24-2023, 03:11 PM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Confirms my belief that most people only want to live in their own echo chamber.

Old 11-24-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Confirms my belief that most people only want to live in their own echo chamber.
How else could you explain such beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal