Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,067,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Big difference between divorcee and a widower.
Yes, it is, as far as healing. But that brings us right back to the fact that maybe he's not ready to remarry. He's probably lonely, but not fully healed enough to share that type love with someone else.

Whether divorced or widowed, you still have to heal before bringing someone else into your life.

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,067,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
And your amusing question is......????

Ah... you edited after I asked!

I edit to add:
Founders' photos should stay.
You are not a sheriff.
Your question reeks of jealousy, not amusement.

She explained the "amusing" part of her post in the very beginning. They are both in their 70's and she felt that was a little amusing I suppose, but certainly not anything to be questioned.

Her "new Sheriff in town" statement to me was not a "bossy, take over type thing", but just her words for a new wife.

She didn't sound jealous to me, just a little disconcerning that her Fiance' talks about his late wife a LOT and she always listens but wouldn't that make you uncomfortable? It would me.

The fact that a founder's picture should stay is warranted; however, I took it as though it was an abnormally large "shrine" picture that her husband keeps there.

I guess it's just different opinions as to how you read a post, what your mindset is at the time, how fast you read it, yada yada. I am certainly guilty of that. I just felt your reply was a little succinct and might be taken the wrong way. Didn't mean to start WW111. PEACE!

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

22,636 posts, read 47,782,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
She explained the "amusing" part of her post in the very beginning. !
She edited that in AFTER I asked the question (which I noted in MY edit!). Her original post stopped after their ages.
You can see that with the timestamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblecake53 View Post
But there’s a new sheriff in town. In my opinion she needs to become small and tucked away in his heart.
Declaring yourself the new sheriff = you are the one laying down the law,.
NEEDS to become small... If not jealously, insecurity??

In any case, they should not be marrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
I just felt your reply was a little succinct
Succinct = briefly and clearly expressed..... I'll take that!

Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

48,580 posts, read 34,966,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Big difference between divorcee and a widower.
There really is.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM

2,990 posts, read 1,665,793 times
Quote:

I’m 70 and he’s 72... The thing that’s bothering me is her BIG picture is center wall as you enter the church. I think it should be moved to the side. I’m not sure if my thinking is a good one. He constantly talks about her, and I always listen and respect his feelings. But this picture is on my mind, and I just would like an unbiased opinion on if it should be moved and our picture put there. I will be working with him to grow his church, as did his late wife. But there’s a new sheriff in town. In my opinion she needs to become small and tucked away in his heart...
Normally I try to be on the side of a poster, especially a new person, to understand her point of view but this post has a decidedly Diva-ish tone and petty language.

I can't remember when a new post struck me as "off" as this one does.

Assuming OP's a fairly new member of the church, she starts attending, catches the eye of the recently widowed pastor, becomes engaged, and in her new role of sheriff is going to start laying down the law.

First order of business: moving deceased wife's BIG picture from center stage and replacing it with OP's.

Just the cheek alone is head spinning. The entitlement is a close second.

Oh well, she did seem to listen to the good advice given her. Hope she takes it.

Good luck to OP and her fellow parishioners.

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

1,232 posts, read 550,237 times
Where's the "amusing question?"

False advertising.

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

6,463 posts, read 9,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Where's the "amusing question?"

False advertising.
I missed it also lol

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

17 posts, read 2,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Normally I try to be on the side of a poster, especially a new person, to understand her point of view but this post has a decidedly Diva-ish tone and petty language.

I can't remember when a new post struck me as "off" as this one does.

Assuming OP's a fairly new member of the church, she starts attending, catches the eye of the recently widowed pastor, becomes engaged, and in her new role of sheriff is going to start laying down the law.

First order of business: moving deceased wife's BIG picture from center stage and replacing it with OP's.

Just the cheek alone is head spinning. The entitlement is a close second.

Oh well, she did seem to listen to the good advice given her. Hope she takes it.

Good luck to OP and her fellow parishioners.

Good made up story. Couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m very happy I gave you the opportunity of amusing yourself.

I’m not a new poster. Just rejoined after a long time.

All the accusations here are completely false. I’m sorry if I appeared “off”. I can assure you, I’m not. But whatever you all think it’s ok. Your opinions are for you all to enjoy.

Have a very blessed day.

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

11,400 posts, read 24,487,413 times
Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Marblecake53.

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

24,686 posts, read 11,023,362 times
Quote:
Good made up story. Couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m very happy I gave you the opportunity of amusing yourself.

I’m not a new poster. Just rejoined after a long time.

All the accusations here are completely false. I’m sorry if I appeared “off”. I can assure you, I’m not. But whatever you all think it’s ok. Your opinions are for you all to enjoy.

Have a very blessed day.
And you will be the pillar of the church!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships