Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 12:12 PM

17 posts, read 2,142 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your replies. The amusing part was our ages and I was trying to be lighthearted. Sorry if you’re not. I was married 43 years. He was married 23. I don’t mention my late husband nearly as much as he does. I’m not suggesting he should forget her any more than I will forget my husband and HS sweetheart. We were together a total of 46 years.

Jealousy, hmm no. The poor dear is dead. But his constant mention of her and pics are a little disturbing to me. I have not said anything yet. He assure me he’s ready to move on and we are very much in love. But, as you said, it’s hard not to talk about such a big part of our lives. Me included. I was just asking about the picture. And thr sheriff was once again trying to be lighthearted. Sorry if yourre not amused.

Thanks so much for telling me the founder stays center stage. That’s what I wanted to know. So center stage she’ll remain. And I know she’s resting in peace along with my hubby because we found each other.

Have a blessed day.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
No, the picture should NOT be removed. As others pointed out, its a picture of the founders.

You will NOT ingratiate yourself with the congregation if you try and insist it come down.

I would never do that!!

Old 05-06-2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
"There is a new Sheriff in town"?

I would look at it this way: If your future husband and his friend/brother founded the church and died, would you still feel the same way?

His late wife was a founder of the building and organization - you usually keep pictures of founders up and center stage.

I also, was a widow.

Thanks. Your reply is very much appreciated

Old 05-06-2024, 12:18 PM

9,444 posts, read 8,418,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Wow. Really? Kind of rough on her don't you think?
You bolded amusing question yet that is the title of this thread so she was just repeating what OP said.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:04 PM

2,004 posts, read 967,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblecake53 View Post
He constantly talks about her, and I always listen and respect his feelings. But this picture is on my mind, and I just would like an unbiased opinion on if it should be moved and our picture put there.

He is not ready for marriage if he still talks about his late wife all the time. You are not ready for marriage if you can't get over a stupid picture of his late wife, who was a co-founder of the church.

This wedding is folly.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 8,418,810 times
Yeah the photo wouldn't bother me so much as the constant talking about his deceased wife would. I'd probably put a pause on the wedding plans and have a down-to-earth talk with this man. He may not even realize he's doing it.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:24 PM

5,687 posts, read 3,185,814 times
Personally, with both folks having more years behind them rather than in front of them, I think its silly to expect either of them to just stop talking about their former partners and I don't think there's a way to gracefully ask him to stop. She was a huge part of his life as well as the congregations. But if you can't accept that (and I think that'd be a shame) than don't get married. You'll both be unhappy.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:52 PM

2,990 posts, read 1,665,793 times
Unless you want to bring chaos to the congregation and earn the contempt of the women parishioners do not breathe a word of this amusing question to anyone, not even your friend.

He and his deceased wife are pictured in a place of honor in the church not so much because they were married but because they were founders.

Unless you yourself are a founder, marrying your friend will not make you one.

Did you know his wife? Personally it wouldn't bother me in that situation if he talked about her, unless he was comparing me unfavorably to her.

But if it bothers you, if you're trying to replace her rather than join him in a life together, do him a favor and don't marry him.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:55 PM

48,580 posts, read 34,966,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post

But if it bothers you, if you're trying to replace her rather than join him in a life together, do him a favor and don't marry him.
Quoted for emphasis.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2024, 02:22 PM

36,634 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblecake53 View Post
Thanks for your replies. The amusing part was our ages and I was trying to be lighthearted. Sorry if you’re not. I was married 43 years. He was married 23. I don’t mention my late husband nearly as much as he does. I’m not suggesting he should forget her any more than I will forget my husband and HS sweetheart. We were together a total of 46 years.

Jealousy, hmm no. The poor dear is dead. But his constant mention of her and pics are a little disturbing to me. I have not said anything yet. He assure me he’s ready to move on and we are very much in love. But, as you said, it’s hard not to talk about such a big part of our lives. Me included. I was just asking about the picture. And thr sheriff was once again trying to be lighthearted. Sorry if yourre not amused.

Thanks so much for telling me the founder stays center stage. That’s what I wanted to know. So center stage she’ll remain. And I know she’s resting in peace along with my hubby because we found each other.

Have a blessed day.
I agree since she was a founder the photo should stay.
Perhaps the longer the two of you are together the less he will speak of his first wife. I have never had that kind of love so I really cant comment on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships