Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:34 AM

66 posts, read 35,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
You know...you say you're a well educated American 30 year old woman, but there's something 'off' about you. You make a LOT of grammatical errors. Its like English isn't your first language OR you're not as educated as you've indicated.
Hey, no one is perfect. Sorry darling

*Do you have a better solution to this small error? Perhaps you may know a website or a grammar book to help me improve my mother language? Let me know. I am ready to improve right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:41 AM

66 posts, read 35,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
OP you know the current political climate in Italy far better than I do but I think your problem with the bf's family is cultural not political.

English isn't taught in US schools? By your username I'm guessing you grew up in an NYC borough of Puerto Rican heritage? That might explain the lack of thorough grounding in English.

Anyway, whatever all the details of your education and family life, it sounds like your relationship with this man is coming to an end due mainly to his family objections. It's probably significant that he's 30 years older than you and still unmarried.

Just as an aside, my husband's nephew married a girl who's parents came to NJ from Rome, they were married in a traditional Italian Catholic wedding here in the US, then went with both sets of parents to Italy to be married again in front of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins in the family who lived in Italy. This was only a few years ago and the bridal couple was in their twenties.

Modern politics are one thing, family cultural traditions are quite another.
Well, I never talk about politics because I don't watch the daily news on TV.

As I've mentioned before, a good talk would be better because effective communication is best than thinking like a mad person. Italians are very difficult to understand based on their past and what is currently going on in their country as we speak.

Everyone gets upset and thats totally normal so I would like to explain my feelings to them in a way that they'll understand not everyone understands what they are thinking. There is no mindreading here.

Old Today, 05:23 AM

22,643 posts, read 47,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRicantraveler View Post

I am actually calling for a reunion. To understand what's really going on. In this way, I can explain what I have been experiencing with my own eyes for this long of a time. I believe talking about this strangeness with everyone would shine some more light. Give me the answers that I've been searching for, instead of frustration and confusion.
It is obvious that they do not care about you at all.

Why set yourself up like that?
You will not get answers....

Old Today, 06:37 AM

11,403 posts, read 24,498,175 times
Cut your losses and move on gracefully. You will never be accepted into their world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships