Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 09:35 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,096,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
But I’m interested to see if after you went on a date what was the reason why you were rejected and does it come off as a surprise to you?
I wish I would know. I have no idea because I have not ever been told. They just disappear. I mean I am not surprised about those dates where there was obviously no chemistry. But I had many first/second/third dates with guys who seem extremely into me, which makes it even weirder. So, I believe in alien abduction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 10:51 AM
bu2

24,182 posts, read 15,028,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I wish I would know. I have no idea because I have not ever been told. They just disappear. I mean I am not surprised about those dates where there was obviously no chemistry. But I had many first/second/third dates with guys who seem extremely into me, which makes it even weirder. So, I believe in alien abduction.

You or them?!

Old 04-16-2024, 12:49 PM

9,517 posts, read 11,279,936 times
Lots of #1 reasons. Mainly because I'm far too hansum, and witty, and devastatingly charming, and humble...should I go on?

Old 04-16-2024, 02:54 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,102,650 times
I will reject a guy if he's rude to the server or is a bad tipper.

One guy had terrible breath all three dates even after a hint, so I didn't go out with him again.

I'm pretty sure I was dumped once because I got a little too drunk at the bar after dinner. The guy was really hot and I was very nervous. Ah well.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:31 PM

17,244 posts, read 57,284,104 times
Quote:
You in particular, this is just about weird. I know you pretty well for an online contact, and the only thing I see going against you is you are taller than some guys and most ladies. But you are physically quite attractive, you have your own job and money, you have your own truck, you don't have kids or "baby rabies", I think you used to work for BMW which as you might guess from my screen name is a *HUGE* plus, at least to me. A gal who can already drive a stick is another plus.

Aliens abducting them makes as much sense as any explanation.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:25 PM

78 posts, read 82,045 times
It's been a while since I dated, but none of the men who rejected me never gave me any reasons and I never asked why. I really don't care what their reasons were, if they weren't interested, they weren't interested.

As for me, after my divorce and I started dating again, the main reasons I rejected men were because they couldn't stop talking about their ex wives on the first date (I figured they just weren't over their divorces) or they immediately talked re-marriage on the first date (not something I am interested in so I knew our relationship goals were too far apart). That said, there were a couple of men who, for whatever reason, just didn't click with me. It all felt forced or awkward. I felt bad about that because I went out with both at least three times just to see if it was just a wrong first impression. It wasn't.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:15 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
You in particular, this is just about weird. I know you pretty well for an online contact, and the only thing I see going against you is you are taller than some guys and most ladies. But you are physically quite attractive, you have your own job and money, you have your own truck, you don't have kids or "baby rabies", I think you used to work for BMW which as you might guess from my screen name is a *HUGE* plus, at least to me. A gal who can already drive a stick is another plus.

Aliens abducting them makes as much sense as any explanation.
Thank you

The height was indicated on my profile. Yes, I was working at BMW engineering. My current M2 is stick shift and I have an older M5.

I have been told from coworkers that I seem reserved if you don't know me but usually when I was having a date I did my best to show enthusiasm and I am easy going once you start talking to me.

I only once got a feedback when I reached out after a date and he said he did not think I was interested because I did not kiss him. Uhm, I don't kiss on a first date but if I am engaged in the conversation, give compliments, the first meet is several hours long and I leave with the words "would love to see you again" wouldn't you think I am interested??

I started making it a point to text the guys when I arrived at home after the date to let them know I want to see them again and then had more luck. Can't believe how scared guys are to reach out after a date. I always thought if they are really interested, they will contact me, but apparently many don't want to get rejected and rather not even send a little text. Ridiculous. Men used to go to war and nowadays they are scared of getting no reply on a text?

Old 04-16-2024, 10:06 PM

17,244 posts, read 57,284,104 times
Quote:
Thank you

The height was indicated on my profile. Yes, I was working at BMW engineering. My current M2 is stick shift and I have an older M5.

I have been told from coworkers that I seem reserved if you don't know me but usually when I was having a date I did my best to show enthusiasm and I am easy going once you start talking to me.

I only once got a feedback when I reached out after a date and he said he did not think I was interested because I did not kiss him. Uhm, I don't kiss on a first date but if I am engaged in the conversation, give compliments, the first meet is several hours long and I leave with the words "would love to see you again" wouldn't you think I am interested??

I started making it a point to text the guys when I arrived at home after the date to let them know I want to see them again and then had more luck. Can't believe how scared guys are to reach out after a date. I always thought if they are really interested, they will contact me, but apparently many don't want to get rejected and rather not even send a little text. Ridiculous. Men used to go to war and nowadays they are scared of getting no reply on a text?
Well I would guess you can be a bit imposing in person but what the Hell? Maybe these psudo guys are best left behind. If I were a bit taller and you were a bit closer...

Old 04-17-2024, 08:35 PM

3,398 posts, read 2,828,767 times
I’m 5’7” I was told I checked all the boxes but I was too short for a woman that was 5’0”.

I’ve been ghosted a few times given no reasons and when I get the hint…I’m gone.

Most recently, I rejected a woman that wasn’t a good mother- her mom raised her child she didn’t seem to really care enough in conversation about her child who is older now.

Career/Job rejected another because she didnt seem ambitious at all.

I wasn’t physically attracted to another.

Lots of separated woman…kind of bothers me…I probably wouldn’t date if I was a separated from my ex. I’d probably initiate divorce if I wanted to start to see other people.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:07 AM

7,083 posts, read 12,396,582 times
The most common reason for acceptance has been my "bold" personality. I will assume that some people see "bold" as being arrogant (which can be a turn off for many people).

"My type" of girl usually enjoys arguing with me and openly challenging me. I can totally see where the girl who wants a soft and easy-going guy would view me as a turn off. The girl who wants Mr Bold-creative would view the easy-going guy as being boring.

So I would say my biggest turn off is also my biggest attraction; depending on the girl that I'm seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships