Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 01:36 PM

22,683 posts, read 47,882,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I Perhaps OP is not choosing women who have the best chance of being compatible with him?
Based on another of his threads, you may be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2024, 12:11 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,092,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
After the 1st , 2nd or third date , if you have rejected or you have been rejected by someone what was the reason why and did you find it a shock or were surprised?

I’ll start

The most common reason I have been rejected after a date tend to be that I show that I am not a provider willing to take care of a lady - I don’t apparently make enough money to take care of them or fully support them I get comments like

Oh I’m so spoiled and I love would love it if my husband would take care of me

2nd most common reason I get reject - for some people they don’t like someone very touchy feely for a really long time and yea I don’t tend to get along with people like that - incompatible sexual wise

So that’s my story

But I’m interested to see if after you went on a date what was the reason why you were rejected and does it come off as a surprise to you?
I don't view 'not continuing to date after the first date' rejection. I may not have had a good time. The guy had horrible table manners, he was overweight, yada-yada. A person can't help being attracted to someone or 'not'. Sometimes people "grow on you" over time and you begin to see them in a different light. But if you click and have fun and really like each other it will show. If not, both seem to know that this isn't going anywhere. It's not personal at all.

I've had dates with super good looking guys but I didn't like their personalities. I've had dates with really fun and likeable men that didn't enjoy doing the things I like. And I didn't want to jump out of airplanes. Also, most people just avoid talking about "why" they don't want to go out again, you just don't hear from them. They don't want to hurt any feelings and just evade everything. Very common.

Only people with abandonment and rejection issues get upset over something like that.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:11 PM

8 posts, read 6,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
The rejector never or rarely provides a truthful explanation of why she or he doesn’t desire to pursue more dates with someone they barely know.

It could be any reason..
This! It has nothing to do with gender. No one likes to hurt others feelings, even if they know they'll never see them again. Though I always wonder do we hurt both them and their next date by not telling them the truth? Outside of the level of beauty they were born with all other flaws can be worked on and improved if a person is made aware of them. But again no one wants to tell someone bad things about themselves; even if that something is obvious like: "You used a profile picture that's 10 years old" or "You come off as very bitter and angry towards your ex"

Old 04-14-2024, 07:36 AM

1,063 posts, read 710,572 times
When I was 18 or 19 (I'm 45 now) I dated a 17 year old girl for about a month or two. Immediately after we made it official that we were dating, things got kind of weird with her. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. Eventually, we faded apart and stopped dating. I never knew the reason until...

Just a year or two ago, I saw that we had had a mutual friend on Facebook. Apparently that mutual friend had attended my ex's recent wedding to her lovely bride

So I'm guessing the reason we stopped dating was because she was really into girls after all. lol

Last edited by MrDee12345; 04-14-2024 at 07:50 AM..

Old 04-14-2024, 02:32 PM

417 posts, read 548,910 times
Chemistry is illusive. It can take a while to find some one who shares your sense of humor. Also dating and small talk that can be more difficult for some people to pick up. I have gone on some second dates because I wasn't sure if the guy was nervous or we just had no chemistry.

The less history I have with a guy before he asks me out, I would say the less likely it is for any given date to work out. I would say most first dates don't work out, so if your first or second dates aren't going well, I would not be too concerned with that. If your basic social skills are weak though I would work on say your ability to relax on dates, and be able to keep conversations flowing on dates.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:45 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,294,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
The rejector never or rarely provides a truthful explanation of why she or he doesn’t desire to pursue more dates with someone they barely know.

It could be any reason.

Loser guys with bad incomes, divorced guys with kids are still able to find women who want them.

A woman often overlooks very obvious flaws if she finds a guy fun and attractive.

Its all about the vibe; so if you are getting rejected try and figure out how to become a more appealing date.
What would be a loser girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Some women will go out on a date with you just because she haven't been asked out in a long time.
Some women will go out on a date with you for free entertainment and food.
I guess this answers my question.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:40 AM

756 posts, read 448,784 times
The rejection is always the same. I have cerebral palsy.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:50 AM

32,725 posts, read 48,333,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
The rejection is always the same. I have cerebral palsy.
Are you not disclosing that before the date? That is a pretty big surprise to spring on a stranger.

People with cerebral palsy can have good friends and dates. Apparently you just need to figure out how to work around it.

Old 04-15-2024, 10:49 AM

26,703 posts, read 41,844,575 times
Quote:
Are you not disclosing that before the date? That is a pretty big surprise to spring on a stranger.

People with cerebral palsy can have good friends and dates. Apparently you just need to figure out how to work around it.
If you check on YouTube, there are a lot of motivation actor videos, Dhar Mann for example, where someone gets setup on a blind date and one person is in a wheelchair and that fact is kept a secret from the other person. Then the other person gets painted as a shallow awful person and no one wants to consider that the other person was surprised with a major fact about their date that is going to be a major thing to deal with. The other person was basically duped into a terrible situation emotionally.

Sorry, not sorry for this take but if you have something that is a major factor of your daily life like an obvious disability, the best thing you can do is not surprise any date and be up front and honest about it so your date can make an informed decision. A disability of the body is no excuse for a disabling of your morality.

Old 04-15-2024, 12:52 PM

756 posts, read 448,784 times
Quote:

Yes, I was honest with women. I had to be. The wheelchair was a dead giveaway anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships