Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 01:30 PM

867 posts, read 721,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
In our modern culture, when a male gets frustrated fighting the system in search of a mate, he is called an 'incel'.

So what is the term for a female, as is the case with the OP?

Hmm, there is none. Maybe because it is so rare. With males is it so common it is seen as a stereotype.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/incel

Quote:
The term incel was initially coined by a woman. Known only by her first name, a Canadian woman named Alana began using the term invcel (later shortened to incel) in 1997 to connect with other singles struggling with social awkwardness. She documented her experiences on her personal website, “Alana’s Involuntary Celibacy Project,” which became a forum for people struggling to form romantic relationships. In 2000 Alana stopped participating in the project, and she has since said that she feels uncomfortable with how the term has been hijacked.
It seems that a particular subset of male incels just don't like to share the idea that women might have the same kind of problem.

For most of my life, I was one of those women.

(Until, I should add, I made the first move on a guy on a dating site.)

Last edited by Archaic; 03-27-2024 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: detail returning to the topic of the OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 03:50 PM

7 posts, read 3,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
So . . . what happened, OP? You posted this 20 hours ago.

We went on a date and we are just worlds apart different. Never done this before in my life but I kind just wanted some sex too. Sex was good. He thinks we can be friends. I can’t be friends with any one I had romantic feelings or sex with. Kinda of sad about this whole thing. But I had fun. Haven’t had sex in the car since my late teens. He has my fake google number. I’m thinking about blocking his so I don’t anticipate his calls anymore.

Also, I didn’t read him wrong. He told me he purposely did what he did to get my attention and it worked.

And he told me that they are not supposed to hit on customers, nor have a conversation longer than one minute. That’s why I had to make the move. It was just a short-lived fantasy. I don’t regret it. Kind of sad because I’ll miss him now that I’m leaving.

Old 03-27-2024, 03:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain89 View Post
We went on a date and we are just worlds apart different. Never done this before in my life but I kind just wanted some sex too. Sex was good. He thinks we can be friends. I can’t be friends with any one I had romantic feelings or sex with. Kinda of sad about this whole thing. But I had fun. Haven’t had sex in the car since my late teens. He has my fake google number. I’m thinking about blocking his so I don’t anticipate his calls anymore.

Also, I didn’t read him wrong. He told me he purposely did what he did to get my attention and it worked.

And he told me that they are not supposed to hit on customers, nor have a conversation longer than one minute. That’s why I had to make the move. It was just a short-lived fantasy. I don’t regret it. Kind of sad because I’ll miss him now that I’m leaving.
Sounds like a happy ending to the vacation.

So I guess you WILL approach men again in the future?

Old 03-27-2024, 04:30 PM

7 posts, read 3,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Sounds like a happy ending to the vacation.

So I guess you WILL approach men again in the future?
I still like the man to pursue me. I’ll give him BIG hints though like actually talking to him. I’ve gotten more confident now. So at least this was another learning curve.

Old 03-27-2024, 09:30 PM

705 posts, read 756,764 times
OP,

What happens when you get into a relationship and he dumps you or cheats on you, are you going to say "I'm never going to get into another relationship again" ?

Old 03-28-2024, 08:12 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Welcome to the world of Men.

Men don’t reject women because they don’t like being approached they they reject them because they aren’t attracted to who approached them just like women do.

Last edited by JBT1980; 03-28-2024 at 08:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships