Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 06:00 AM

22,021 posts, read 9,599,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Complete BS- this is a type 1 logic error, in which you take as fact (incorrectly) that liberals value education while conservatives do not. I can state with 100% certainty that I have far more education than you and am a conservative. Interestingly, I was raised in a 100% democrat household. However, I went to college in the early 80s, at which time tolerance of other views and open mindedness prevailed. I would listen to what communists, Hari Krishnas, gays, straights, Christians, atheists, animal rights speeches, anti-Iranian protests, and several presidential candidates. EVERYONE was ALLOWED to speak- you could choose to listen..................... or not.

One simply needs to look at the patriotic zeal that was present on college campuses during WW1 and WW2. This was nearly universal, particularly in Ivy League colleges. There is no way in the world that we would see support on college campuses for the US if our nation was faced with the dangers of WW1 and WW2. In fact, I would not be surprised if many college students left the US to join the enemy in such a situation.

Now, over the last 60 years, college campuses have changed to have almost exclusively liberal faculty, which imparts their hateful world view on students.

There has been MANY PARENTS who lament that they sent a normal child to college, only to return as a far left loon. As long as colleges choose to breed hate and intolerance, they cease to be positive elements for a society. A nation cannot go on for long with its own students being taught to chant, "Death to America"!
Most of these kids were not raised to be hateful, anti-semitic bigots, yet they emerge from "hgher education" with those very sentiments.
Exactly. Although I am still only in the high school part of my kids' education, I can see how they no lnoger teacher kids to write properly. They don't teach them cursive. They don't required them to make any speeches because they don't want to little snowflakes to get anxious. If I had it to do over, I would 100% put my kids' in private or parochial schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 06:11 AM

4,918 posts, read 2,711,507 times
years ago the communists said they would defeat American without firing a shot...forget the universities (although they have been trashed)..just look at our congress..the Republican party has been locked up by extremists from the far right..fondly now referred to as the 'Putin wing' of said party..there is great dysfunction on both sides..cancel the snowflakes..cancel the extremists..be careful who you vote for..

Old 05-14-2024, 06:28 AM

13,680 posts, read 20,824,726 times
Nazis? No.

Embryonic Baader-Meinhof Gangs? Yes.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:37 AM

4,075 posts, read 2,159,192 times
Does it strike anyone else as ironically humorous that these kids were very indignant about cultural misappropriation, such as wearing sombreros on Halloween or cornrowed braids or dreads when white are now proudly wearing Palestinian scarves?

Old 05-14-2024, 06:50 AM

4,598 posts, read 3,798,633 times
That's ridiculous that someone of your education level would ask a question like this. Unless you are just trying to fire up a crazy conversation on C-D.

No, this is not Nazism and this is what college students do, protest everything in the world and they have no sense of life yet.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:53 AM

13,415 posts, read 28,788,831 times
No not in entity. Some universities like Columbia, Berkeley etc have always been a hotbed of radicals and have not changed over the decades.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:54 AM

6,784 posts, read 3,043,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Does it strike anyone else as ironically humorous that these kids were very indignant about cultural misappropriation, such as wearing sombreros on Halloween or cornrowed braids or dreads when white are now proudly wearing Palestinian scarves?
Bucha Keffiyeh Karens.

This is what people mean when they call them cosplayers.

Of course they probably were encouraged by the Kente Cloth wearing Dems photo op.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:57 AM

14,490 posts, read 11,315,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You're putting the cart before the horse.

First of all, college campuses have been hotbeds of leftism for probably a hundred years. Maybe more. This is nothing new.

But the reason for that is not because college curriculums turn impressionable young students into leftists; it's because students who are already leftists are more likely to go to college. This is even more true lately, resulting in a wide education gap by party preference.

And the fact conservatives continue to belittle higher education only means this phenomenon will grow more pronounced. The more conservatives belittle college, the fewer young conservatives will go to college.

This is terrible news for conservatives, because it is college-educated people who generally run society: They are society's lawyers and judges, engineers and techies, CEO's and business executives, their bureaucrats and administrators, and so on. Over time, more and more of these people will be liberals, and fewer and fewer will be conservatives.

Liberals are becoming the Eloi, and conservatives the Morlocks.
Your literary prognostication will take almost 1 million years to occur

Old 05-14-2024, 07:02 AM

27,688 posts, read 28,796,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
No, this is not Nazism and this is what college students do, protest everything in the world and they have no sense of life yet.
And yet, college students on campuses all across America did not protest the terrorist attack and vicious slaughter of Jews on October 7.

I don't remember them protesting the 9/11 attacks either.

I wonder why that is if they like to protest "everything"?

Why is it that when something horrific and evil is done by Muslims, there are hardly any protests about that?

Old 05-14-2024, 10:04 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,015,623 times
Students are being... "beguiled?"

Gosh, it sounds like they have some real wizards working in these "indoctrination camps."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies