Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 02:13 AM

529 posts, read 181,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Thank you for this thread.

Can you recommend a book on Wicca for beginners to learn about it?

TIA
Merry meet returning2USA and thanks for your question. Unfortunately I self taught myself so I can't recommend any good wicca books but the good news is hopefully I can get you started on your path. These are really fun exercises you can start with to see if witchcraft is for you hope this helps.

Get a mirror, but don't look into it yet. Close your eyes for a minute while you listen to my gentle voice that is going to show you your true self. When you look in the mirror what will you see? Will you be happy? Sad, or is there going to be a look of utter amazement as you look at yourself for the first time, I can hardly wait to find out! Now slowly open your eyes and look into the mirror my dear. Do you see what I see? Your beautiful! Never forget that my love, and it is your beauty, the light you have deep inside of you that will make a difference in your life and the ones you touch! This is the mirror spell and now it is yours. Everytime you look into a mirror say those magick words "I'm beautiful" because you truly are to me and I only want you to see the beauty that is hidden deep inside of you.

The best part of witchcraft is discovering who you are, using a mirror to peer deep into your beautiful soul is the first step in understanding who you are.

The next exercise is to understand the life forces that are passing by you on a daily basis. Find a place that has a bench you can sit at where many people are walking by. All you have to do is casually observe the people that are walking by you. Look at their faces, how they walk, if they seem happy, sad or indifferent. Can you spot the ones that have a spark in life because they are rare, most people are just spiritually dead and walking around oblivious to the world.

This exercise is important to know because a witch by definition is an observor of the Earth. When you observe the people around you, the moon the stars, the sun, the sacred you, the entire universe will start to come into focus to show you what you missed out on life before you opened your eyes to the world around you. If you can see the connection all the life forces have on Earth, you will begin to understand the sacred connection you have to all the living forces around you as well.

Whenever you have a chance stop what you are doing to see the rising and setting Sun. These sacred moments are the times to reflect on the birth and death cycles of nature. It really puts things in perspective and is such a moving experience to treasure! We will only have a limited number of sunrise and sunset to see in our lifetime so take a chance to see them when you can to pay homage to the ones being born in our world and the ones who passed away. As well as when it is our time to join them as a family when it is our time to cross over too.

Our father sun greets during the day but our sister moon is there for us at night. Drawing down the moon is a magical time our sister can join us when her full moon's light shines on us. After the sun's death we get to be children of the night so keep that innocence of childhood in your heart as you embrace the darkness of night that will give way to the rising Sun the following day. Doing these things are all part of the cycle of life and help you understand why you are special, why we need you here on our Mother Earth and how you are connected to every living being around you. This is the first step of a year and day study you should take if you really want to understand what a witch is and more importantly, who you are as well!

Once you feel comfortable in knowing who you are you can begin using spells and Magick remembering never to harm none, because if you do, you are only harming yourself, because by now, you understand how we are all connected with each other. Before I forget there is one very important thing to remember about being a witch and that is what you have to give up to become one.

I'm so happy to tell you that you don't have to give up anything to be a witch, just be your beautiful loveable self and you will be fine my dear, never forget that! It's all part of the process of knowing who you are so you know what to do in life when unexpected or stressful situations come into your life.

I will leave you with some final exercises and spells as you start your new life out if you think witchcraft is for you. It's a lot of playing (notice how I didn't say work) to be one but it's not for everybody. The energy you give out and receive is as little or as much as you put into it. I am a 24hr witch, so even when I'm sleeping, I could be astral traveling, talking to loved ones that passed away or just recharging my energy as I rest, but that's what makes it so much fun. Lol, still if you find witchcraft is not for you that is perfectly ok too my dear, there is no shame in trying something new when you have love in your heart

If you have a chance drink some water like it is the sweetest thing you ever tasted! When you eat and drink, remember that is an affirmation of life you are taking to continue on and be part of the life force around you. People are amazed when I drink a bottle of water around them they sometimes ask me what am I drinking that makes me so happy, I reply "I'm drinking the sacred nectar of life and it is amazing!"

If you can, find an inviting tree and give her a hug, close your eyes as you gently touch her leaves in the summer or her branches in the winter. Almost always the contact you have with her will make the wind to stir up and blow between the two of you. As you keep your eyes closed you will feel how this inanimate life force will begin to move in ways you thought were not possible as the wind moves her branches as you gently hold her from your hands. This is an excellent grounding technique, and if you can see the sacred life force from a tree you took for granted, you will understand the sacred connection we have with everything around us as well! If your ever stressed out, just go to a tree close your eyes and hold her for a few moments until you are calm and focused. I love when I open my eyes and people stare at me while holding a tree, I just smile at them and let them think whatever they want about me because I'm focused and found that peace I needed within my heart.

Circle casting is a central theme most witches engage in. It is a temporary church you set up around you as you celebrate the Sabbaths, Esbats, when you perform Magick, or just need rest. You can use a wand or just your finger to draw an imaginary circle around you for protection. Direction is important in my circle so I like to have at least 5 colored unlit candles to help mark my boundaries in my circle.

North (Green) candle represents Earth
East (Yellow) candle represents Air
South (Red) candle represents Fire
West (Blue) candle represents Water
You (White) candle represents Spirit

I normally don't have a white candle in my circle, I like to think my entire body is a Spirit candle within my circle.

Open your circle by saying the spell 3 times as you point your finger to the 4 candles and move in a clockwise direction

"Earth Air Fire Water we open this circle in love and peace"

Earth Air Fire Water we open this circle in love and peace"

Earth Air Fire Water we open this circle in love and peace"

Once my circle is open I usually followup with a second spell as follows

"In Peace we enter no hatred Wars"
"In Peace we stay as we Talk some more"
"In Peace we leave as once before"
"The Peace within Forever more"

Once I finish my celebrations, Sabbaths, Esbats or Magickal workings I will say my peace spell once again and then close my circle because it is important to close your energy and your church to return back to Earth to keep uneven energy flowing from the temporary church circle you made.

Now close your Circle by saying:

"Earth Air Fire Water we close this circle in Love and Peace"

Pick up your candles if you used any smile knowing you did something sacred and wonderful in your private place of perfect love and perfect trust! I hope what I shared with you helps you on your journey of being a witch. Just to let you know these rituals I shared with you are very precise and must be done perfectly, but if you mess up, giggle ha-ha. It's ok to make mistakes in your rituals because you are only human like me and it's perfectly ok to make mistakes when you have love in your heart. It's so much fun being a witch and hope what I shared with you helps you on your journey! Love you dear!!! Hugs!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 08-13-2023 at 02:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2023, 07:34 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,408,994 times
^ Thank you very much, High Priestess Sarah

I will do these things and write down my observations and experiences and my journal and report back.

Thanks for the information.

I've been on a self-enlightening and spiritual journey for about the last 4 years or so.

Peace.

Old 08-14-2023, 11:00 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Thank you for this thread.

Can you recommend a book on Wicca for beginners to learn about it?

TIA
Try The Spiral Dance by Starhawk.

Old 08-15-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
^ Thank you very much, High Priestess Sarah

I will do these things and write down my observations and experiences and my journal and report back.

Thanks for the information.

I've been on a self-enlightening and spiritual journey for about the last 4 years or so.

Peace.
Safe and happy travels on your spiritual journey Returning2USA, I am so excited and happy for you!

Old 08-15-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I really appreciate your help! I often refer to myself as a Christo-Pagan, but I am increasingly feeling drawn to the pagan side.

This has happened way too many times to think that something is not going on.

I am open about where to move. I've asked for clarity in this matter, through the use of the pendulum and a map. The results are unclear.

Between us, this will be the 6th home we have bought and sold. We have never had an experience close to this. We have also been landlords. I rely on my intuition when purchasing a house or renting a property to a tenant.

When purchasing, I have to be able to see myself living in that house. It should feel homey, and it should "call to me". There have been quite a few houses that met those requirements, but we have "lost" them.

OH I wanted to know - what time zone are you in?

Much gratitude for your help!
I haven't forgotten about you Sheena 12, I been having mini rituals and praying for you everyday and will still conduct the Full Moon Ritual on August 30th at 8:36 pm central time zone in your honor. I hope and pray the negativity plaguing your life and your new home question can be answered on that day, Blessings!!!

Old 08-15-2023, 09:42 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,408,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Try The Spiral Dance by Starhawk.
Thank you, oregonws.

And thanks again HighPS.....

Old 08-29-2023, 04:29 AM

Sheena 12, I been praying for you ever day since August 2, 2003, and will release the moon spell for you on Wednesday August 30, 2023, at 8:35pm central time. May you find the New Home and blessings you are looking for my dear! Take care and see you in a little more than a day as the spell is released!

Old 08-29-2023, 06:38 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
I have a question HPS. Why are you leaving City-Data on 10/31/23, Halloween, "permanently"? I'm just curious why it says that on your profile.

Old 08-29-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I have a question HPS. Why are you leaving City-Data on 10/31/23, Halloween, "permanently"? I'm just curious why it says that on your profile.
Hi Northsouth it's always nice hearing from you, my friend!!! So sorry I'm a very complicated person I not only have to deal with the normal daily stresses in life I have to deal with the Supernatural too and sometimes I have to deal with both realms at the same time it can be very draining.

One of the biggest obstacles I face is my religion, but I have no regrets and wouldn't have it any other way. I am a Christian- Wiccan-Shaman-Witch because of the various backgrounds from my elders of the past. Their blood runs deep inside of me and seeing the joy their religion gave them makes me see that they are searchers of life. It's a wonderful journey to try and discover all the higher meanings of life while we are here and take comfort that death is not the end of our existence but is a major change most people are not ready for, so I observe and search for those answers too while I'm here.

I met a lot of wonderful people at City Data from Christians, Agnostics, Atheist, and Pagans I'm very grateful they came into my life, but there are a few here on this site that are very negative and sadly they came from the Christian section I visited on City Data site.

I don't mind that most people will never understand me, but I can't have toxic people in my life because I deal with Supernatural forces on a daily basis. I can't have a few select people try to invalidate, harass, threaten my eternal existence with their hates and fears of what they think I am.

There were several fundamentals that said I can't really love God, or that I'm going to hell, I'm not really talking to dearly departed people that died, I'm just talking to demons impersonating them. There were some that tried to get some of my posts removed from the Christian site and silence me because I'm not one of them. They have no Idea what the occult world is, and I can't be around people like that because it's hazardous to my health.

Part of my gifts or curse is having murder victims come to me for help when they are killed. I can't have any doubts when these poor precious people come to me for help. The case of Diane Tilly was a murder victim that came to me after she was murdered very viciously. I comforted her the best I could and tried to find her remains that were hidden under some brush. Out of 200 square miles of the city I'm from, I almost found her. I got the rural street right I just needed to go a little further down this gravel road to find her remains near a pond on private property.

People didn't know she was murdered she was only reported missing at the time. I didn't know it was her because she didn't tell me her name, she was too traumatized and kept repeating to me how she was shot in the head and didn't die immediately until she was shot 4 more times and it seemed like she was praying for someone until she died. She was not supposed to die that is why her spirit stayed on Earth and since I was within 5 miles of her death, she came to me for help.

Her death affected me for almost a year because I failed her. Even though I was very close I didn't find her body. She was eventually found by police after the murderer was caught and she passed on to the light when her assailant died in prison. This was one of the hardest deaths I had to face so having a few select Christians try to demonize me and tell me the spirit realm they know nothing about is too much for me to take.

I can't afford to have any doubts in my mind when faced with highly stressful situations in the spirit realm involving murder victims that's why I have to leave City Data. I made the terrible mistake of contacting Christians, only because I am technically a Christian too, but that was my fault I should have known better, but I just hoped that Christians matured since the last time I had contact with them but sadly they haven't.

If you really want to know why I have to leave City Data, look at this website about her death. She shown me what happened to her and that's why I can't have any negativity even from a few members that caused me trouble from City-Data, so sorry about that! The reason I chose to leave City-Data on Samhain 10-31-23 is because that is the New Year celebration of our Religion. This is the Sacred time to leave things behind so that we can start new things in our life. I hope that answered your question and so sorry my life can be so graphic at times. Love you!

https://morbidology.com/the-daughter...f-diane-tilly/

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 08-29-2023 at 09:46 AM..

Old 08-29-2023, 07:35 PM

We'll I'm happy to report my practice Mock Moon Ritual went beautifully tonight especially since several people quickly left my area in awkward silence ha-ha. In exactly 24 hours I will perform the actual High ceremonial Magick at 8:35 pm central time. If anyone is feeling a little witchy on Wednesday August 30, 2023 at 8:35pm central time please join me in my spell of healing by looking at our sister in the sky during this sacred transition, thanks and Blessed Be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism